Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
y r u so f'n lazy
    #4466182 - 07/28/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I mean really...how hard is it to type out a few words, use some punctuation and capitals, and (God forbid) actually break up a paragraph on occasion?  Did you just not learn these skills in school or are you just lazy?  Or maybe you think it makes you look cool if you type like this.  Like somehow it makes you more internet savvy.  News flash...it makes you look unintelligent!

I'm no spelling or grammer Nazi, and I make my fair share of mistakes, but I try to write in a style that is easy and pleasing to read.  Some of these long run-on posts are almost impossible to decipher, and I usually end up skipping over them.  And is it so difiicult to hit an extra 2 letters on your keyboard when making a query?! (why instead of y)

This post is not directed at anyone specifically.  There are many lazy typers here, and you know who you are.  And I'm sure you don't give a rat's ass what I think about it.  But if you have a valid point and want to be taken seriously at times then it sure couldn't hurt to write in a fashion that shows you have at least a small measure of intelligence.

...or you can just tell me to blow it out my ass.  That'll work also. :smirk:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: y r u so f'n lazy [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4466197 - 07/28/05 10:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Summit, y dun U blow it out ur ass?

Just kidding.  I wholeheartedly agree.  :thumbup:  It just makes the poster come across as lazy and kind of ignorant.  Not only that, but when I come across a paragraph that is one giant sentence, I'm probably not going to bother reading it.

I find that punctuation, sentence structure and paragraphing actually lends more character to a poster.

--------------------

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4466203 - 07/28/05 10:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

do u rely think lazy ppl r goin to read dat?

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4466206 - 07/28/05 10:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
i mean rally...how hard is it 2 type out a few words, use some punctuation and big letters, and (God forbid) actually break up a paragraph on occasion?  did j00 just not learn these skillz in skool or r u just lazy?  or maybe u think it makes you look cool if you type like thi$.  liek somehow it makes u more internet savvy.  News flash...it makes j00 look unintelligent! i'm no $peeling or grammer Nazi, and i make my fare share of mistakez, but i try to write in a style that is easy and pleasing to reed.  some of these long run-on posts are almost impossible to decipher, and I usually end up skiping over them.  and is it so difiicult to hit an extra 2 letters on your keyboard when making a query?! (why instead of y) this post is not directed at anyone specifically.  there are many lazy typerz here, and you know who you are.  and i'm sure you don't give a rat's a$$ what I think about it.  but if you have a valid point and want to be taken seriously at times then it sure could hurt to write in a fashion that shows j00 have at least a small measure of intelligence. ...or u can just tell me to blow it out my a$$.  that'll work also. :smirk:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4466209 - 07/28/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

I don't think people realize how stupid it makes them look.

There is literally no way u cn type lik this n hav ppl thnk ur not dum.

It makes you look like you're 14. If you learn to type properly, it's actually easier to write out the whole words... and easier to be a decent writer.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: y r u so f'n lazy [Re: Adden]
    #4466214 - 07/28/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
i mean rally...how hard is it 2 type out a few words, use some punctuation and big letters, and (God forbid) actually break up a paragraph on occasion?  did j00 just not learn these skillz in skool or r u just lazy?  or maybe u think it makes you look cool if you type like thi$.  liek somehow it makes u more internet savvy.  News flash...it makes j00 look unintelligent! i'm no $peeling or grammer Nazi, and i make my fare share of mistakez, but i try to write in a style that is easy and pleasing to reed.  some of these long run-on posts are almost impossible to decipher, and I usually end up skiping over them.  and is it so difiicult to hit an extra 2 letters on your keyboard when making a query?! (why instead of y) this post is not directed at anyone specifically.  there are many lazy typerz here, and you know who you are.  and i'm sure you don't give a rat's a$$ what I think about it.  but if you have a valid point and want to be taken seriously at times then it sure could hurt to write in a fashion that shows j00 have at least a small measure of intelligence. ...or u can just tell me to blow it out my a$$.  that'll work also. :smirk:

:rotfl:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #4466262 - 07/28/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I guess they think it's cool? :shrug: The sad part is that if kids write like that and I can understand it they get to try and try again to get it right.  Actually, until I get fed up and correct their miserable excuse for written English.

--------------------
Just a little nervous from the fall.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #4466266 - 07/28/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

eh, i use commas and periods. i break up into paragraphs when need be, but capitalizing my words and using apostrophes is just a little past my grammar skillz :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub