Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Pessimist or Optimist?
    #4449853 -

Which do you consider yourself?

I'm a first-class pessimist myself. I figure, if I always plan for and expect the worst, I wont be dissapointed when the worst happens. But, if by some freak chance of nature, something good happens, its like a double bonus....

I think this comes from years of shitty luck and general malaise, but now that things have been good for 4 or 5 years, I still have the same mindset. Not that I'm complaining...like I said, it works for me.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449861 -

I'm trying to be neither. I want a view of the world unbiased by either option, really.

However, I do tend more towards pessimism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449862 -

i am nothing........


:levitate: :thirdeyeani:






:goodmorning:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449873 -

It depends what mood I'm in. I'm either pessimistic or optomistic depending on my mood, but always to an extreme. If things are good, they're really good and will never change. I feel the same way if things are bad. Usually the situation is neither really good or really bad, it's just how I perceive it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Trav]
    #4449898 -

I've been in the car selling business too long so I would have to say pessimist. I have to see something before I believe it.


--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Edited by pinkfloydms (07/25/05 09:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449921 -

I'm both. I expect the worst but hope for the best.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449928 -

It fluctuates, but right now, I'd definitely classify myself as an optimist.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449961 -

I aim to be neither, kinda like ellemy, but I tend to be optimistic, because I figure, if I'm going to exist, might as well enjoy it!


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4449967 -

I am optimistic about things that I control
and pessimistic about things like the weather
and maybe the outcome of other peoples choices/lives.


--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4449979 -

i'm almost always an optimist.

it's not that i don't consider the negative possibilities, or whatever - but just that i'd rather focus my mind on the positive (while of course making some kind of plan in the event of a worst-case scenario panning out)


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4450004 -

I am an informed optimist, aka a pessimist:grin:


--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: TheDude]
    #4450016 -

I am in optimist about life but pessimistic about people alot of the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: peeper]
    #4451733 -

Optimistic about everything except change. Plus I'm a fanatic about living for the moment.


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper] * 1
    #4451902 -

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

"Is the Glass half empty or half full?"

There is no glass, there is no water.  There is only a barren, blood-soaked desert, strewn with the rotting carcasses of of the pure and innocent. 

:smile:

have a nice day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4451949 -

I'ver always said "Put more shit in my glass"
Seriously - Never could answer that one because I've never said either Half Empty or Half Full before.


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Krishna]
    #4451951 -

Krishna said:
i'm almost always an optimist.

it's not that i don't consider the negative possibilities, or whatever - but just that i'd rather focus my mind on the positive (while of course making some kind of plan in the event of a worst-case scenario panning out)


:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4451955 -

I'd like to think of myself as a pretty optimistic person.
Not always....but usually.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Trav]
    #4452021 -

Trav said:
It depends what mood I'm in.



I am the same way, I usually am optimistic..but sometimes when things in life get to me then I am a pessimist...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Skunk420]
    #4452026 -

Hmmm, as long as I'm nice and stoned I'm very optimistic :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pessimist or Optimist? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4452120 -

I am terminally optimistic, almost to a fault. I'm the kind of guy that sees the bright side of every situation and I usually laugh (literally) when something fucked-up happens in my life. It pisses people off sometimes that I can remain so nonchalant about things that would freak them out. Especially if they are the more pessimistict types.

I have no time in my life for pessimism. It is too negative for me.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are you an optimistic or pessimistic type of person? PeterGriffin467 879 12 03/28/12 06:44 AM
by Adden
* Grand Optimist carshissbymywinda 388 8 02/25/12 11:28 PM
by LloydChristmas
* anyone else sick of hippie's fucking optimistic philosophy?
( 1 2 3 all )
spacelord 5,539 50 07/02/07 05:27 PM
by Yoschie99
* i have been in a self-absorbed, depressed, worrisome, pessimistic funk for the past day or so
( 1 2 all )
NastyDHL 2,666 25 09/19/09 09:05 PM
by elementswrath
* Anyone not optimistic about where life on earth ultimately leads?
( 1 2 all )
skatealex2 824 34 05/06/17 04:41 PM
by Cyrus19
* Is it possible to be optimistic and have bad luck? danlennon3 637 6 12/27/08 02:58 PM
by druqs
* What's the most negative, pessimistic, misanthropic music? saythatagain 310 4 11/04/16 09:38 PM
by saythatagain
* Are you optimistic about the future? audiophoenix 322 8 06/25/14 08:06 PM
by foodofthegods44

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,189 topic views. 4 members, 45 guests and 222 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.