Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Psychedelics change the way you smell
    #4297306 -

Links?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297315 -

:wtf: Never heard that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297318 -

After a really strong dose of 2c-i for like 3 or 4 weeks my nose was really sensitive to cigarettes, and I don't smoke so it really sucked. I know that didn't help but I wanted to share.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297319 -

what the fuck is you talk 'bout boy?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4297324 -

I always have a wierd smell going on when I'm tripping. My nose must be picking up some part of myself that is unsmellable under normal circumstances.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: freddurgan]
    #4297329 -

hm


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297333 -

I always have the sensation that my sense of smell is much better when tripping.

Here's one link I found for you bro. :smile:

Psychedelic Information Theory: Parsing Reality: The Senses, by James Kent


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4297563 -

Well i read somewhere around here that animals react differently around you when your tripping because of the way you smell..

I just read this yesterday. id like to substantiate that, or understand why animals do react very different to their owners while tripping.

Ps. thats a cool link, thanks matt.!

Edited by headset (06/14/05 11:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297574 -

The first time I tripped on acid I was 18. I was on the #shroomey chat channel back in 98. It was just me and Pnut (RIP) in the channel talkin'. There was a strange smell in my room. For some reason, on acid, it smelled like Chinese Food. Pnut helped keep me calm the whole trip, but telling me there was a Chinese chef in my closet which made me laugh my ass off for an hour. God bless Pnut. I hope he's in heaven now if there is one.

Ever since, whenever I had tripped on acid (or ever sometimes sober.. randomly)... I will smell the exact same hint. It's not exactly Chinese food.. but I smell it from time to time.

It was the weirdest smell, sort of plastic like. I'm sure it was all in my head. I have yet to find anything that smells like this on this planet. I can't imagine if a normal person smelled this odor, they would think it was pleasnt.... but regardless, due to the acid and the traumatically vivid memory, I classify the smell as positive It's a pleasure when I can actually take the time to try to remember the smell and have it recreated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297593 -

Animals have very good instincts and senses. I am sure they can sense that you are on another plane of reality. Iv experienced this with my 2 cats and my dog. I don't have any scientific explanations. Ill give a look around. If I find anything Ill let ya know bro. :sun:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4297625 -

My cats and dog react to my differently if im tripping. Im not sure why, but im sure they do it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: Druggie04]
    #4297637 -

yes, i agree - animals have very good intuition, its beyond what i can understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4297951 -

Cats and dogs can sense the tripping vibrations


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: Shroomism]
    #4298030 -

Shroomism said:
Cats and dogs can sense the tripping vibrations



Very true. My dog knows when I'm stoned too, even if I ingest cannabis and take a shower. I'm sure that some smells may be excreted by my skin, but I'd like to think that animals know. :heart:


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: browndustin]
    #4298060 -

Yeah, I posted a little while back about how my dogs(3 chihuahuas who I am very close with and around them like 24/7) react when I'm tripping. They definitely know and sniff me like crazy. I often sweat more while tripping and I believe the substance comes out through the skin and my dogs smell it. Sometimes they even rub against me frantically and lightly lick me on my arms or legs. They definitely know because they won't leave me alone or stop staring at me the whole time. When I'm having a rough spot during the trip they can tell and they howl and shake while rubbing up against me as if they are deeply worried about me. I dunno but sometimes I think I'm going crazy because they even act like they have gotten into my stash and are flying high too. It's crazy, they are so in tune with their senses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4298291 -

all sensations seem different when on psychedelics, but that doesn't mean that they actually changed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: headset]
    #4298379 -

whenever i'm on psychedelics people tell me that i smell funny. :shrug: :smile:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: BrAiN]
    #4298656 -

Brain I too have smelled the plastic like burning smell before on Acid. We where outside and the street light just turned on so I thought it was that but I smelled it when we went inside also and It seemed to originate more from inside my head then in the air around me. Could have been a symptom of synthesia(sp) smelling sounds and hearing sights.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4298688 -

Being way out there the last time i did 2 hits of the white unpefers there was a point during the peak laying on the carpet with my eyes closed i was associating colors with feels and tastes and smells it was wild. Reds where mean and spicey hot, greens blues where friends and exotic. Synthesia is wild but the only times ive expierenced ive been soo high i can barly even remember / deal / think about it or somthing.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelics change the way you smell [Re: Shroomism]
    #4298722 -

Shroomism said:
Cats and dogs can sense the tripping vibrations



I don't think my dog knew I was tripping, but hes really old.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My cat vibrates his tail! What does it mean?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 14,452 21 07/21/04 06:04 PM
by smurfette
* Plastic Surgery (what do you think?)
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 7,358 42 11/09/05 09:20 PM
by eric_the_red
* Ultimate 60's psychedelic compilation LearyfanS 2,649 11 01/22/03 09:48 AM
by sir tripsalot
* My hands smell horrible Anonymous 1,257 11 02/07/03 10:08 PM
by BladeLSD
* How do you react...
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 2,424 31 11/18/04 06:55 PM
by ToTheSummit
* what do mushrooms smell like to you? Told 4,890 14 10/29/03 06:40 AM
by SummerBreeze
* Ever get a lungful of plastic smoke? Twirling 7,367 9 11/07/03 10:41 AM
by Twirling
* smoking out of plastic bottles Supernova 6,007 8 12/13/04 12:06 PM
by Mounsteen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,575 topic views. 9 members, 11 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.