Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL]
    #4243742 - 06/01/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Police say Summer Camp 2005 was a 'drug market'
June 1, 2005 - pjstar.com

Officers arrest 29, seize cocaine, mushrooms, acid, marijuana and Ecstasy

CHILLICOTHE - Nearly 30 people were arrested over the Memorial Day weekend at a four-day outdoor music festival where an estimated $23,000 in narcotics and cash were seized.

All but four of those arrested at the Summer Camp 2005 festival at Three Sisters Park were from outside the Peoria area, and about half of those were from other states. All the arrests were made after drug purchases by undercover police, said Multi-County Narcotics Enforcement Group Director Larry Hawkins.

"This was basically an open-air drug market," Hawkins said Tuesday. "People were hollering out what they had for sale like selling beer at a ball park."

But the music festival's promoter, Jay Goldberg, said people unfamiliar with Summer Camp shouldn't come away with the wrong idea.

"For the 8,000 or 9,000 people there, there were about 30 people arrested. At a (Peoria) Civic Center venue of 10,000 people, there could be that many arrests for various things, and (Summer Camp) was held over four days," he said.

Goldberg lauded the work by police, but emphasized, "This is not a big drug-culture event; this is more of a family event."

Chillicothe Police Chief Steve Maurer agreed with Goldberg.

"In any concert setting, there's going to be drugs," he said. "We were just there to put a dent in it. Ninety-five percent of the people there were just there to listen to music. It's the other 5 percent - actually a lot less than 5 percent - who are causing any kind of problems."

Twenty-nine people were arrested. Police seized psilocybin, or hallucinogenic mushrooms, LSD, Ecstasy, marijuana, powder cocaine and vicodin.

"There was a lot of acid and Ecstasy that we usually don't see much around here," Hawkins said. "We didn't come across any meth or crack cocaine (two drugs typically seized in the Peoria area) ... and we didn't target cannabis or we'd still be out there."

Summer Camp 2005, which began Thursday and ended Sunday night, featured three stages of entertainment.

One man, a 23-year-old from out of state whose identity is unknown, was transported by LifeFlight helicopter to a Peoria hospital for a reported drug overdose, Maurer said.

As many as 25 police officers from Chillicothe, the Peoria County Sheriff's Department, Illinois State Police and MEG were at the event at any given time, not including a private security staff hired by Goldberg.

Maurer noted Chillicothe's business community benefitted from the event.

"They were pretty much sold out of everything," he said of local stores selling food items.

Goldberg said he hopes to bring the music festival back next year.

If it does, Hawkins said, "I hope this will have an impact on what happens next year. I know we'll be back as long as people choose to sell narcotics."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: veggie]
    #4243768 - 06/01/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Weren't some Shroomerites there??

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4243797 - 06/01/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

<<It's the other 5 percent - actually a lot less than 5 percent - who are causing any kind of problems.>>

The only problem anyone caused here seems to be the police interrupting an otherwise fun event. If there were some shroomerites at the event I hope none of them were busted for anything.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: SuperD]
    #4243920 - 06/01/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"The only problem anyone caused here seems to be the police interrupting an otherwise fun event. "

Amen.

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4244275 - 06/01/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

okay it was really easy to spot these undercover cops ... they'd go up and be like "hey can you get me any mushrooms, acid, ecstacy, etc etc etc and if you find them, bring them back to me"

totally has cop written all over it

people were kind of stupid though but i guess that's how it goes. i'd walk through the woods and people would offer whatever they had ... that's not the way to do things really

anyways stay safe everyone. think with your head and you won't end up in jail

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: dnL]
    #4245030 - 06/01/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just hope they don't start doing this shit at festivals all the time, like Bonnaroo. It is just RIDICULOUS, yes, drugs are there and people use them freely. But for god sake, it a three day event, who gives a fuck! God damn police/government...... :thumbdown:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4245107 - 06/01/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cubieman420 said:
God damn police/government

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Four-day music festival was a 'drug market' [IL] [Re: MOTH]
    #4246076 - 06/01/05 09:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

Cubieman420 said:
God damn police/government

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale