Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Big change is comming (read this/link) *DELETED*
    #4062016 - 04/16/05 11:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Edge

Reason for deletion: phluck likes to pick on people

Edited by Edge (04/16/05 11:50 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Big change is comming (read this/link) [Re: Edge]
    #4062029 - 04/16/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, we all know how well the various apocalypse predictions have been in the past... OBVIOUSLY 2012 is the real deal.  :rolleyes:

The thing is, it's not like the pentagon is in on information that we don't have, their report is a worst case scenario kind of thing. There are tons of scientists studying climate change, and making all of their information entirely public.

Now, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be trying to change the way we do lots of things, but taking a Pentagon report that was *probably* meant as a scare tactic to force some attention on a serious issue as a totally accurate prediction of the future is just silly.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Edited by Phluck (04/16/05 12:00 PM)

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #4062033 - 04/16/05 11:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think that Mother Nature should step in and take out the trash! This damn planet is packed with uncaring individuals that can't see past their own pathetic lives to the carnage that they are reaking. :mad:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Big change is comming (read this/link) [Re: blissedout]
    #4062037 - 04/16/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, it's not like humans are especially destructive. Volcanoes, solar winds, meteors, and various other entirely natural factors have been more destructive in the past than we could ever hope to be. We ARE part of nature, and what we do is all part of the same old normal death and destruction that is the way things are.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Big change is comming (read this/link) [Re: Phluck]
    #4062050 - 04/16/05 12:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Plastic and styrofoam, nuclear waste, air pollution from engines and factories, etc, etc, etc. Ad nauseum. This is part of nature? I must have missed something...

--------------------

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#4062056 - 04/16/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

im not basing all this off of one report, and i didnt say anythign about an appocolypse. like i said i dont think the world will end in one big swoop. IF its going to happen it will happen over a period of many years, at least a century or two.

anyway, i just want to make it clear that i just think the envoronment is real fucked up and this is just one article of MANY that shows that, and that if we keep doing what we're doing any longer it will change in an undesirable way.

this article specifically shows how much that fact is being supressed by the govt, thats all. im just saying we gotta stop fucking around because we cant do this forever, and we've been doing it for a very very very long time.

man has more power over nature now. we've even created matter (anti-matter) which can destroy regular matter. we are very dangerous and curious walks of life, especially at this point. we're like monkeys sticking forks in electrical sockets to see what happens :p

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4062076 - 04/16/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The government isn't supressing shit. They're just ignoring it, there's a huge difference.

And there is LOTS of debate in the scientific community about the possibility and consequences of climate change.

I know you've probably read tons of articles about it, but that's because it's a popular issue. Lots has been written about it.

Your language is completely wrong though. You said "this is one of many articles that SHOWS that", when the article doesn't show a damn thing, it just makes claims. Showing would require a collection of data that provides strong evidence. You have to realize that there are studies that present evidence both ways. Some suggest that there is a serious risk, some suggest there isn't. Of course, a serious risk makes for a much better story, and gets a lot more press time.

More power than nature? I think not. In the grand scheme of nature, we're a tiny fragment of a speck of a fraction. Our sun, which is one little speck in the cosmos, could easily explode and wipe us out.

Even against all life on the planet, we don't stand a chance. Let's say we blow up all the nukes we have, all over the planet. We'll probably wipe most of the plant and animal life out on the surface, but plenty of small plant life, insects, and lots of underwater life would survive. A few million years down the road, and once again the planet will be thriving.

--------------------

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4062078 - 04/16/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We haven't created Anti-matter yet...your mis-informed brotha man. My problem with humans, is that we use may not be more destructive than some earth shattering meteorite (which has yet to be proven, as of now we are undeniably more destructive than anything we have recorded), my problem is that we target our necessary contrast of 'bad' to certain groups/species. By that I mean, if something if in short supply, such as viable land, and food resources. We take those limited supplies and sell them to the wealthiest humans (disregarding people in third world countries for the most part), and we kick every other animal life form off of "our" land..Why are we more important than any other species?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Big change is comming (read this/link) [Re: Shagshow]
    #4062085 - 04/16/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, we have kind of created antimatter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter
Quote:

Scientists in 1995 succeeded in producing anti-atoms of hydrogen, and also anti-deuteron nuclei, made out of an antiproton and an antineutron, but not yet more complex antimatter. In principle, sufficiently large quantities of antimatter could produce anti-nuclei of other elements, which would have exactly the same properties as their positive-matter counterparts. However, such a "periodic table of anti-elements" is thought to be, at best, highly unlikely, as the quantities of antimatter required would be, quite literally, astronomical.

But I really don't think it's dangerous the way this guy is claiming it is.

--------------------

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4062096 - 04/16/05 12:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Shiva, the god of destruction, must have her time! Phluck your right, no matter what we do, life will go on some way, some how. Oh by the way, I meant "We haven't created Anti-matter weaponry" We've only studies how particles interact through accelerators, or do we really have Anti-matter canisters?

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#4062100 - 04/16/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Such a bleak topic on such a beautiful Southern day! :sun:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4062101 - 04/16/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

More like we created single anti-atoms.

--------------------

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4062102 - 04/16/05 12:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We haven't really created anti-matter in a viable form...He was talking about anit-matter as if it had eclipsed nuclear bombs already. Meaning that its some form of weaponry humans have been abusing..

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4062112 - 04/16/05 12:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hehe, nope, we ain't got nothin' like that.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #4062119 - 04/16/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

what a joke.

2013 here icome. You can just add 2012 on the list of falsely predicted deathdays. Watch out for the switching poles, i hear it will happen in a snap then global warming happens overnight and we make icecubes.

I will have been long past rotted in the ground by the time a climate shift happens.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#4062124 - 04/16/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i know what youre saying in your last paragraph, which is why i dont believe the world will end.

i say that that article shows THAT because every time somebody tries to make a move in an environmentally friendly manner, it gets ignored OR suppressed because they want our focus on this iraq and terrorism bullshit.  one would think that if so many articles, such as this, were put out about the environment changing, it would get a LOT of hype on the news about it.  it is being supressed because nobody at the head wants to deal with it, or thinks that theres anything wrong at all.  any envoronmentalist is being ignored because nobody takes them seriously due to their own ignorance, or they arent even having their voice heard because there are so many other "serious" issues like terrorist attacks in america that havent happened since 9/11, which indirectly suppresses environmental issues, as well as many others.

less than 3% of us land, excluding alaska and hawaii, is put aside for state forest land for conservation/preservation.  the rest is for commercial and residential use.  thats quite an imbalance of nature and pavement.

and im not disregarding the other studies being done, where people say nothing is happening.  but when we're loosing thousands of species of animals a year (quite an increase from the natural norm), and we have at least a 700% increase of carbon dioxide in the air (which is a chemical that doesnt let heat on the earth escape back into outer space) since the industrial revolution started (it was a fairly stable percent for millenia before that), and we bury garbage and put golf courses on top of it, just to name a few things that are bullshit and contribute to unhealthy environments.
even 3/4 of bacteria found in topsoil that needs to be there to break things down into nutrients doesnt exist anymore because of one cause:  commercial fertilizers.

anyway, my point is still simply this... we are irresponsible fucks who wont take responsibility for our actions, and would rather put our heads in the sand then know whats really going on.  ive read the facts of both sides and continue to do so, and so far my conclusion on the topic is we're fucking shit up really bad.

and again, im talking of envoronmental awareness here, not the end of the world.  we both esablished that its highly improbable, at least until the sun disintegrates the earth in a few billion years. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4062136 - 04/16/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

www.jackherer.com take his $100,000 challenge! One plant could fix everything you just mentioned eclipse.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4062138 - 04/16/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I mean edge*

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#4062142 - 04/16/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

shagshow, ive read in books about anti-matter, and we have created it just VERY small amounts of it. when it comes in contact with regular matter it destroys it in a very powerful boom.

i shouldnt have even said anythign about 2012, im not taking what they say about it literally, i just think its a time when a change will occur...

and let me make this clear to everyone, i dont think the world is going to end, and i dont think an appocolypse will occur, ever. there is nothing religous about this post, it is simply about environmental awareness.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineEdge
I like plants

#4062146 - 04/16/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

THE plant  :lol:

thanks shag, this was getting too heated for me.  im outta here anyway though, its too nice out.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub