Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSoul
Stranger

poppy pods
    #4035909 - 04/09/05 11:35 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Is this Papaver somniferum? I am interested in making some tea!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: poppy pods [Re: Soul]
    #4036308 - 04/10/05 04:50 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Yes they are, they're giganthemum variety.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4036500 - 04/10/05 07:33 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

sow the seed, even if they're emptied and there's just a few left!
Those look like great poppies to start out with.

Be careful: Poppies and poppy beverages are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, harbor no illusions to the contrary.
I strongly suggest you'd make Lemon Laudanum. Check the stickied poppies thread for all the info you need.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: poppy pods [Re: Asante]
    #4037345 - 04/10/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

dispite the addictiveness you may also find it takes prectice to enjoy the poppy experience. i think it may in fact be the practice that gets you using it enough to become addicted.
basically by the time youve found out why you like it so much, you're really close to not being able to do without.

the idea is to get lots of advice so you know how to enjoy it best with as little practice as possible.

personally i suggest making putty. basically you make tea with a little acid to lower the PH, then you reduce the liquid at low heat untill its a lumpy syrup, then lay it on a flat pan and put in the oven till its dry, then scrape it up and roll in flour, and store till wanted.

eat a grapefruit about a half hour before you eat.

i suppose you could also bypass the digestion by using a syringe and feeding tube up the rectum with the lumpy syrup before pan-drying. that should just about double the absorbtion, but its harder to guess the dose of a new batch if youre shooting up your butt. of course eat the grapefruit the normal way.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: poppy pods [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4039508 - 04/11/05 12:07 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

:tongue2:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #4039981 - 04/11/05 03:36 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

"of course eat the grapefruit the normal way"

Good advice. The thought of a grapefruit suppository scares me :shocked:.

Nice pods, btw...

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: poppy pods [Re: Openminded]
    #4040018 - 04/11/05 05:01 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I love the tea.. I haven't drank it for a year,thank god. but I drank it for nearly 4 years straight, everyday..then I started using a needle and now im on the done program.... soon switching to Bupe...Thank god its over...

An Ode To Poppy:

Hail lovely blossom, though canst ease
the wretched victoms, of disease
canst close those, weary eyes in gentle sleep
which never open , but to weep

for oh' thy potent charm
can agonizing pain disarm
expel emperious memory from her feat
and bid my throbbing heart forget to beat

oh dark tar
how close you are to my heart
like a butterfly breaking through
and letting her wings dry in the sun.

--------------------

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: poppy pods [Re: Aneglakya]
    #4040104 - 04/11/05 07:05 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Yep.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Re: poppy pods [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #4040859 - 04/11/05 11:41 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Just like grandma used to make! I can't wait until bonnaroo, I'm gonna bring sum of my pods and make tea over the campfire. :smirk:

--------------------
1983-2004

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: poppy pods [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4041046 - 04/11/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

opium at a party is a waste.
a waste of opium.
and a waste of a party.

also that picture above with the steeping tea i advise you to grind the pods till there dust. i assume you add acids. but you get better potency when its dust. finer than flour, any electric coffee grinder can do this.
it just might take you a bit longer. sifting speeds up the process. if you dont have a sifter you can just shake the mass side to side and the large bits will gather on top, scoop them off with a spoon and regrind.

let it steep for as long as possible opium is very stable and isn't going to lose potency. If you want a really potent tea, reduce liquid after straining and re steep (with less water) then add second batch and reduce again till its almost opaque. squeeze every bit of juice out of the goo. heck eat the goo too if you don't want to waste it. but first of course get a feel for the potency of what youre working with in low doses, or youre dead, that's all.

i also hear that boiling water twice increces absorbtion i base this on no credible sceince. but it stands to reason that repeditive boiling of the same water would raise the kinetic energy in the water molecules. which is why you NEVER microwave water more than once, it could explode in your face. (not with regular boiling)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4041058 - 04/11/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Opium, opiates, etc. are something that you take when you want to do nothing basically. They are best enjoyed just laying around, essentially doing nothing. listening to music, watching tv.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Re: poppy pods [Re: gdman]
    #4041170 - 04/11/05 01:18 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Actually....I PERSONALLY find that a good dose of a good opiate is great to take at a show, or even social events. First night of Coventry I took 30mg of morphine ER, it was amazing.

--------------------
1983-2004

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#4041734 - 04/11/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

under its control the only thing it was good for was living in general and without it I could not live.. im still recovering.. Check out my old post on Mamma's secret PT recipe.. or something along those lines.. can someone find a link? If not Ill repost it here.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: poppy pods [Re: Aneglakya]
    #4041764 - 04/11/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Saved in my favorites :cool:

Mamma's secret PT recipe

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4041810 - 04/11/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

what about the ope do you like at a show?
i dunno just doesnt seem like fun, seems too distracting. seems like the finer points of the opium experience would be impossible with all the external stimuli. and the downsides would be exaggerated by all the movement and pressure to be active. basically you get all the motion sickness, disorientation, nausea, and fatigue, with none of the nod, no visions, little gushing.
and youre missing the best of the show. its not a drug than enhances connection with others or music, quite the opposite.
and it limits your ability to safely drink alcohol. (just ask hendrix, joplin, elvis, edgar allen poe, etc.)

for me it's the grapefruit, the opium then an hour later (or when im into it) i like to smoke a little weed and then some cigar. djarums are the best (indonesian sugared clove cigs)
i like to smoke them throughout the night. tho i have to go outside and thats a bummer, because i would rather say completely stationary, and free from distraction.

some of the visions i have are crystal clear, all the senses are represented. visions are almost always first person. i might find myself sitting beside a stream on green grass, under blue skies, the water ripples and scatters the sun, i can see my reflection, and evry little round rock in the sand beneith the current. the wind blows in my hair, the air smells fragrant with timothy cobb, birds chirp. im on vacation in an idealized world, one which i seldom enter and so do in elaborate ritual. and then something in the room moves and my fantasy vanishes. the next one might be a parking lot full of people with blurry faces, or a paisley tunnel into my brain where slugs eat my vital energies.
its all good but it takes alot of concentrating to get there and idrather notwaste the experience on getting it going too much. usually the experience isn't even intense enough to get there on just hommade tea. which is why i consider it a wate to use it at a show. i'd just have to sit still and try to enjoy the gushes. and i wouldn't wan't to be in a full fledged nod in public. honestly i would rather just smoke weed and drink beer or maybe do shrooms or acid.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

#4042297 - 04/11/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I don't know man, even my friends say I am strange for the opies at the shows. But I am a somewhat shy person by nature and opiates take that away better then any benzo. I just love being high on morphine, standing in a small area in a concert field and just jamming out. Everything feels so good, the bass of the music, gently swaying, the mud under my feet (Coventry...lol). Also, it makes talking to people a lot easier (for me) I generally wouldn't try and strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. I have only taken opiates at "jam band" shows though, it is a totally different type of atmosphere that a lot of shows. I never get the nod though, I don't ever like to get THAT high from opiates. But yea, chilling with a few friends on a quite night and hanging out is just as fun as well. But I'm telling you, try a medium dose of your favorite opiate at a good show.  :smirk:

--------------------
1983-2004

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#4044574 - 04/12/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Mitchnast, that was ground to flour with a coffee grinder. It just seems to like to expand when water soaks into it, and it looks alot dofferent than it accually is.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4044724 - 04/12/05 08:04 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Think twice about whether you'll do the pods.

10+ years ago I was rather ill on a dose of pods from what I grew, so I never injested them again. Beats me how and why people choose to get addicted to opiates when we all know the dangers. Too many people just can't flow with moderation.

Back in my day there were folks who dabbled and ended up heroin addicts. They never listened when I scolded them on needle use. The needle is the sure fire way to the get fucked file. Now a days they're fortuneatly dead, HIV+, or in prison for armed robbery. It's the karma for being reckless anti-social idiots. I must say I generally despise junkies since they'll snitch in weed growers to the law for a hit. Basically the pigs just leave them be till sick in a cell, then wave a bag of smack and the fuckers sing like birds. You can't trust junkies. They only care for opiates and fuck the world is their attitude.

All up poppies are easy to grow and ideal for colour -- which is all I bother with these days around my house.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd crush and sieve the pods for what seeds you can get and toss the crushed pods to the compost. The seeds are the real treasure, forget the opiate abuse. There's plenty of better/safer things to do. Trust me on that. :wink:

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

OfflineSoul
Stranger

#4147725 - 05/07/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Would only two of the pods posted in the picture be enough for a decent first time experience?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4147803 - 05/07/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

highly doubtable.
ive had 4, stems and all and it was quite weak.
gigs are usually weaker than smaller podded strains.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates