Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Since when no links from non-sponsors?
    #4026912 - 04/07/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So I got out my trusty calculator, and found out Shroomery makes $4400 per month off sponsors alone, so why in hell are links to non-sponsors not allowed? Talk about greed, jeezus crikey.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4027194 - 04/07/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hehe... I dunno how you came up with that number but you're just a little off there buddy. Come back in another 3 or 4 years, maybe by then your figure will be more accurate.

Anyway the rule about non-sponsor links has nothing to do with us, I could care less who you link to. It's solely to protect our sponsors and help ensure a good return on their advertising dollar. It wouldn't be fair to accept payment for ads from certain people, and let others advertise free. As always, a casual link here or there isn't a problem if it's intended to help another member. However, if someone is posting links because they want to use this site's audience to build their business, they have to pay for the opportunity just like everyone else.

Peace,

-Y

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: Ythan]
    #4027265 - 04/07/05 06:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Even if his number was accurate, it still doesn't change the fact that "It wouldn't be fair to accept payment for ads from certain people, and let other advertise free." Also if they allowed free advertisement, the number that would come closer to their annual earnings would be 0! Your entire argument is based on the fact they make a lot of money (or enough in your eyes). Yet if you were permitted to do thus far, it would take away your premise.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: Ythan]
    #4027307 - 04/07/05 06:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Why isn't the Shroomery supposed to make money? I think you guys do a splendid job, and you'd all deserve to quit your day jobs if you earned enough money here to do that.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#4027421 - 04/07/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quit your complaining.

Why should the sponsors have to pay for their advertising space, but other companies get it for free? It's fine to drop a link here or there, but there are people who do it all the time. That's not ok.

Greed? Talk about selfish (on your part), why shouldn't the admins be allowed to make some money. They run this site out of the goodness of their heart, making no money at the moment. I hope they make money in the future, they deserve some sort of reward.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4027500 - 04/07/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone who works at this site, do it because we love the community, the people in it, what we're about. I sure wouldn't mind seeing the admins make a little bit, they've earned it. It takes a whole lot of work to run a site like the shroomery, and run it well. You see members that stay around here for years, you know someone is doing something right :sun:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: gdman]
    #4028494 - 04/07/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My numbers are exactly right....22 sponsors @ $200 per month = $4400.

I was not advertising any site, I simply posted a non-sponsor link.

So basically, Shroomery is saying "If you don't pay us $200 per month then FUCK YOU".

I never, EVER said the Shroomery shouldn't make money, I'm complaining because my link was removed from my post. Having a monthly advertising profit of $4400 just from banner sponsors alone is PLENTY of money to run a website, there is NO reason people have to go around editting my posts.

Then again greed runs this world, so what the fuck can I do?

:thumbdown:

Edited by kronnyQ (04/07/05 10:52 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4028505 - 04/07/05 10:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

God, you never stop, do you? No one makes you stay here.

:rolleyes:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4029993 - 04/08/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:

Then again greed runs this world, so what the fuck can I do?

:thumbdown:

Well, you could shut the fuck up?  Just a thought.  Like everyone else said...why should some people have to pay for advertising and some be able to just link for free?  That wouldn't make sense, and it wouldn't be very fair.  If you're so good at math, why don't you figure out how much you would have to pay to advertise, send the shroomery some well deserved dough, then your link won't get deleted.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: Liz]
    #4031078 - 04/08/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey asswipe....a fucking text link in a thread is not a banner ad you goddamn ignorant fuck. Fuck off somebody please close this lameass thread.

I think it must be troll week on the intarweb.

Edited by kronnyQ (04/08/05 04:19 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4031111 - 04/08/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

> Then again greed runs this world, so what the fuck can I do?

Trust me, greed and money are not motivators with the Shroomery admin or the Shroomery moderators. None of the moderators get any money that I know of. I cannot speak for the other admins, but I have not taken a single cent for the time I have put into the site. If some of the admins are getting paid a bit, what they are getting is next to nothing compared to what they could charge for their skills. The shroomery never claimed to be non-profit. I find it very offensive that somebody would have the gall to be upset because we run our business as a business rather than a charity. Sorry, but McDonalds isn't going to allow Burger King to put up ads inside their store, nor are they going to give you free food out of the kindness of their hearts. If you complained because McDonalds wouldn't give you free food when you asked for it, people would laugh at you. Why should we be different. The internet is still fairly free from censorship and consensual laws... if you don't like the way we do things, take a hike... the door is always open for you to leave.

... and while we are on the subject... why should you be allowed to profit from all of our hard work? By posting links to non-paying vendor sites, you are stealing from every member of this community. If it is so damn easy, go out and create your own site... pay your own hosting bills... pay for your own business license... pay for your own accountants... deal with all the bullshit for a few months... maybe then you will see the proverbial light and chill the @#$%^@ out. Oh, and when you have done all that... why not give it all away for free... since anything less is simply greed.

> My numbers are exactly right....22 sponsors @ $200 per month = $4400.

No, your math is correct, but the assumed numbers are way off... on the high end! You also forgot to subtract out costs... several hundred gigabytes of bandwidth per month is not cheap.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #4031115 - 04/08/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

>a fucking text link in a thread is not a banner ad you goddamn ignorant fuck. Fuck off

Hey, watch your tongue.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4031117 - 04/08/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
Hey asswipe....a fucking text link in a thread is not a banner ad you goddamn ignorant fuck. Fuck off somebody please close this lameass thread.

You expect people to listen to you at this point?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: Since when no links from non-sponsors? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4031142 - 04/08/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No, i don't expect fucking shit thats why i wanted this thread closed. Ppl obviously can't see my goddamn point and I'm just getting more and more pissed off so do us all a favor and CLOSE THE THREAD.

HOooray for censorship I'm going to go murder some people not of my race now. :thumbup: :smile:

Edited by kronnyQ (04/08/05 04:37 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4031155 - 04/08/05 04:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I typically don't ban people, and when I do it is for good. Please refrain from this sort of language and behavior in this forum, or you will be looking for new site to call home. This is the only warning you will get from me.

Edit: For the record, KronnyQ sent me an apology about this thread. In my book, an apology shows respect and maturity. We all make mistakes, and who am I to judge. I hold no grudge and hope the others that are reading this can let it go as well. Thanks, KronnyQ... you still have my respect.

Edited by Seuss (04/08/05 05:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback