Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What to mix with red wine( Merlot)
    #3972618 -

So, I enjoy drinking red wine after a meal with meats or cheese. But if I am drinking wine to get tipsy, chugging it is not exactly tasty. I am looking for a good agent to cut the wine to make it about the alcohol content of beer, and still taste good. Any suggestions? :cheers:


--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972627 -

Mixing wine? CHUGGING WINE? Blasphemy. You're going to hell for that, son.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972678 -

Why chug? Sip it, or gulp it if you must, but what's the rush?

Wine catches up to ya pretty quick...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972694 -

Actually I can write a book on this subject :cool:

Try mixing an inexpensive red wine with cream soda!

Or if you can mix it with ginger ail or 7-up.

over ice..........use 60-70% wine  :cool:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972715 -

And you should try buying by the gallon if you going to mix.

My favorite is Carlo Rossy Paisano, a very nice table wine over 12% alcohol and less than $10 a gallon......... :smile:

It went over big at the gathering last year :cool: :thumbup:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972764 -

I don't really advocate mixing wine but if you must then I suggest sparkling water and then you got sparkling wine.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #3972834 -

Crown Royal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #3972838 -

I also don't advocate mixing Crown Royal with ANYTHING.  That is a damn fine whiskey.  :tongue2:


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972841 -

It's all about the taste, man :smirk:
Well, you can mix it with water.
But really, why don't you just buy beer?


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972845 -

In spain people sometimes mix red wine with coke.

ps I'm drinking merlot right now; this one tastes great, I would never think about mixing it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #3972848 -

kosmic_charlie said:
I also don't advocate mixing Crown Royal with ANYTHING.  That is a damn fine whiskey.  :tongue2:



Haha I just said that because I work with a guy who swears by drinking crown royal and red wine on most of his drinking nights.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972856 -

When I think of it, I have mixed champagne with light beer sometime in the past. The result was actually pretty tasty. But make sure there are at least two parts champagne to one part of beer.


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3972862 -

make a sangria. i believe it has brandy, ssugar fruit and maybe juice in it. im sure you can find a recipe online some where.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: durban_poison]
    #3972875 -

coke.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3973015 -

To everyone: thanks for the replies and input.

Lemme explain just a little bit. The wine I am drinking is CHEAPO! $4 is for a 750 ML bottle. I have beer, but I also like drinking wine. I am just tired of the same old same old, ya know? So I want to jazz it up.
I think I am going to take ripples advice and do ginger-ale and wine over ice, only because I already have some ginger-ale at the house.

As far as chugging wine, yes, blasphemy! Well, maybe for the expensive shit.. For me wine is just a beer alternative on my way to getting tipsy or drunk :P :cheers: all.


--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3973035 -

One day when you have a nice fat wad of cash, buy a nice wine. You'll never look back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #3973438 -

I only mix cheep wine, I would never think of mixing a good wine with anything.

hope you enjoy!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #5276206 -

the only thing good red wine should be mixed with is food...

now the cheap stuff can be mixed with coke to create "calimocho", as the spaniards would call it... or korea as it is called over here in germany...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What to mix with red wine( Merlot) [Re: flowstone]
    #5276237 -

flowstone said:
:flowstone:




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Red Red Wine ToTheSummit 1,056 16 03/08/05 11:12 PM
by Jim
* Red Red Wine *DELETED* blink 783 5 10/26/04 09:40 PM
by Nemo_Hoes
* Wine, its underrated. Derek 1,260 15 04/17/04 11:00 PM
by Derek
* Wine question tomk 842 10 02/23/05 09:48 PM
by TinTree
* Two bottles of wine... OldSpice 1,033 7 05/07/04 08:05 PM
by kiss5150
* Red wine Ripple 514 4 05/04/04 11:06 PM
by Hooty
* Wine Named for Grateful Dead Front Man KingOftheThing 2,717 17 02/10/05 03:21 PM
by 13eetleJuice
* tipsy
( 1 2 all )
razmablues 2,819 24 01/18/07 01:17 AM
by VietKong

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
10,019 topic views. 5 members, 13 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.