Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Suggestions for stomach aches?
    #3967288 - 03/24/05 11:42 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Hey all, Im new to the shroomery forums. I've been visiting here for months reading up on topics and the shroomery's links for user guides as well as some entertaining trip reports. From last summer till now I've been contemplating doing the good fungus, around late september I almost came through on purchasing some but the dealer ran out :frown:.

Well I began to question if I was really in a good mental state to be shrooming and it came clear that I better take it easy first. After some good therapy, some fantastic meditating and my relationship with my girlfriend and friends strong as ever, I've decided its time to endeavor the pyschedelia  :cool:

That same dealer back from september has re-stocked like whoa on shrooms and is open for business. Word 'round the campfire is that these are some potent bad boys and are going $40 an eighth (he honestly cant knock down the price). I may be buying from him, as will a good friend of mine. We're gonna get them unless my friends cousin (who my friend is seeing tomorrow) can cut us a better deal. I can get the shrooms from either dealer as early as saturday but may not be able to use them for about 3 weeks.

I'm a pretty lightweight dude, 5'10" and 125 pounds; I figure I'll eat 2 grams for my first experience. But here's the thing, with regular portabello mushrooms, if I eat too much I can get a mean stomach ache (a pain in the stomach, not a normal stomach ache). So Im a tad worried about getting a stomach ache at the worst possible time....tripping. Do you guys have any reasonable/easy to do suggestions to avoid getting a stomach ache? I'll probably be eating them in the morning and my stomach can be a little iffy in the mornings sometimes (may wait till afternoon to do them). I've thought about chugging some OJ along with them or possibly eating some fruits.

Im lactose-intolerant as well as allergic to wheat (recently discovered this....sucks so much ass) so dont suggest anything with dairy and/or wheat. Thanks in advance!

Also, how long should u chew on them (dried) before you swallow? I've heard 5 minutes from some...20 from others. How long do I chew X amount of mush, 5 minutes for 1 gram, 10 for 2??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: Morph89]
    #3967368 - 03/25/05 12:04 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Welcome Morph89!
Stomach Ache my happen about 20-40min after eating. It WILL stop as soon as soon as the effects kick in. Don't worry about it after that, if you find yourself dwelling on your stomach then turn on some music (change set and setting) and you will be fine. As for eating them, i would say a tea or just chew them up and swallow them. I think it would be nasty to keep them in your mouth for 5min...let alone 10!

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
    #3967385 - 03/25/05 12:08 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Welcome to the shroomery. Alot of people get upset stomachs when they eat mushrooms but you said an actual pain in the stomach. Is there anything other than portabellos that give you this pain? If it's an ulcer type pain then you'll want something that can coat your stomach to keep it from hurting, but since you can't drink milk you'll have to find something else, soy milk perhaps? It really all depends on what causes the pain, sorry I can't help ya more with that.
2 grams is a good first dose, some people say just eat 3-3.5 the first time, and others say 2 but it's up to you. You can always eat more, but you can't eat less that what you've taken.
As far as how long to chew them it doesn't matter a whole bunch. If you chew them for a long time then you'll ingest the psilocybin thru your mouth which will lead to a faster come up than if you just chew them and swallow. I just swallow them as fast as possible with as little chewing as possible and let my stomach take care of it and the come up still happens within 30-45 minutes, so just chew them as long as you want. Good Luck and have fun, be safe.

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: discoabe]
    #3967633 - 03/25/05 03:55 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

In my experience, if you grind them in a coffee grinder (or put them in a baggie and pulverize them by rolling with a rolling pin) and mix in a SMALL glass of orange juice, the stomach ache is minimal if ther at all.

DO NOT eat at least 4 hours beforehand and just knock the juice back, then fill the glass with water and drink that.

This way, I have experienced next to no stomach pain/nausea and that I did experience was more just "noticing" that my "stomach feels all ooshy" but not bad and nowhere near vomit bad. :smile:

Take care and have a nice flight!
~Kimberly

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Offlineblite_and_whack
Stranger
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: efrog]
    #3968652 - 03/25/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Buy a little tub of ginger at Kroger or some grocery store. Eat a few pieces of it. Ginger helps A LOT with nausea.

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: blite_and_whack]
    #3968982 - 03/25/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Crush them up into fine powder, and place them in gel capsules (size "00"). You can buy the capsules at GMC.

This will illiminate stomach ache, I give you my word. After years and years of eating mushrooms, I can assure you this is the BEST way to ingest them. Unless it is hard for you to swallow around 6-8 pills in a row (sure beats eating them in my opinion).

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: candykid420]
    #3969154 - 03/25/05 02:16 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Haha never heard you have to chew them for a certain amount of time, mushrooms need to be digested, it doesnt matter if there whole or ground up, your body will treat them the same way, who wants to sit and cheq forever, just much em till there swallable and down em like a pill...

OfflineToolAenima
Stranger
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: Cenebite]
    #3969307 - 03/25/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Last time I ate mush I had horrible cramps and an upset stomache with stomache aches near the end of the trip and they continued throughout the next day, I found that half a 26 helped with the cramps. I don't know why I had cramps, nausea and stomache pains though.

P.S.
I can get very potent muchies around where I live for 3 dollars a gram, But thats in Canada.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3969610 - 03/25/05 04:47 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

For nausea, ginger capsules and papaya enzyme tablets work well also. Take two of each type as you are eating the mushrooms. A friend has also found that powdering and then capsulating the shrooms can reduce sickness.

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: MOTH]
    #3970486 - 03/25/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks guys, its really the stomache aches im concerned about instead of nausea though. Ill see what I can do about the gel caps, I've heard of this idea before it just seemed like a lot of production had to go behind it.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3970643 - 03/25/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Making shroom tea helps for me. Mint tea relaxes the stomach. I like mint-shroom tea.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: Suggestions for stomach aches? [Re: Rose]
    #3970812 - 03/25/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Homie lemme tell you, in all probability, your stomache might feel shitty. Youll get anxious on the come up.. but believe me... youll get lost by the 3rd hour, and youll only recognize your stomache ache randomly if ever. Its a completely new drug breakin you in.. gona be a lil rough, but tough it out man, and then in later trips youll be able to psychologically become at ease with the stomache pain, for it is merely a product of the old dried mushrooms you just ate  :cool:

Just keep your mind open and occupied, and this is about the best advice you can give yourself THROUGHOUT the experience: Dont try to swim upstream. Shrooms are a river, a fight will merely wear you out and get you in worse trouble. Let the river flowwwwwwwwww... ALL OVER THE WALLS BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! go fer it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag