Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Medical Marijuana Store Opens In Modesto [CA]
    #3855463 - 03/02/05 03:21 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Medical Marijuana Store Opens In Modesto
Some Fear Criminals May Target Clients
March 1, 2005
thekcrachannel.com

Most patients KCRA 3 spoke with said they are thrilled about the new clinic because they no longer have to drive to the San Francisco Bay Area to get marijuana.

"I went through six weeks of radiation treatment to fight cancer," said patient Lonnie Cox. "I want to get some medical marijuana because I've lost 30 pounds fighting cancer. This keeps my appetite, keeps me able to eat, (and) maybe keeps me alive."

No one who was running the shop wanted to comment to KCRA 3, asking all camera crews to leave. But some of the store's customers spoke of the screening process they go through.

"You walk in the door. You go through a security check. They take your license, take cannabis license. They call your doctor," said customer Janay Rivinius.

Next door to the marijuana dispensary is a long-time hair salon. The owner, Dino Flesoras, says he is alarmed to learn of his new neighbors.

"We are concerned about it. We have nice clients, people coming in for years, to be exposed to this," Flesoras said.

Some worry that criminals may chose to target clients for robbery, saying there should be some kind of security on the location

The Modesto City Council is expected to consider an ordinance banning the marijuana shop next week. While the business has a license, some officials have said it wasn't made clear they would be selling the drug. State law allows the sale of marijuana with a doctor's prescription, but federal law does not.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service