Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours!
    #3742589 -

You spent yours in front of the TV...I went on my annual "Anti-Super Bowl hike". :grin:

I decided to climb Turtlehead Peak today.  It is located in Redrock Canyon just west of Las Vegas.  Drove up around noon.  Here is what it looks like from the trailhead where I parked my car.  Turtlehead is the peak just right of center.


Its only about 2.5 miles form the trailhead to the summit but its a rugged 2.5 miles!  The elevation gain is something around 2000 feet.  Here is looking back toward the parking area from about 1 mile up the trail.


This is the point where it starts to get bad.  You have to start to go cross-country towards the base of the mountain from here.  Here is the same point looking towards the mountain.


You have to make your way up that gully to the left of the summit until you reach the ridge line and then follow the ridge line to the summit.  Here is a pic to show you what the conditions are like all the way up that gully.  Lots of scrambling up loose rocky ground and some bouldering.


The couple in the picture are a Canadian couple I met on the trail.  They were pretty cool.  And here is a picture from the same spot in the gully looking up at the summit.


When you finally reach the summit you have a great view.  You are looking down on all of Redrock Canyon.  Unfortunately, it was hazy today so I didn't get the best pictures.  But here is looking into the canyon.  The parking  area where I started is right by the red rocks in the left side of the picture.


Also, you have a great view of Las Vegas and even Lake Mead in the distance.  Again, not a great picture becaus of the haze...


And of course, the obligatory picture of myself at the top! :smirk:


And just one more photo of Turtlehead and Redrock Canyon from across the other side of the valley as I was driving out.


Once again I show all you football fans how to really enjoy a Super Bowl Sunday! :grin:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3742607 -

Did you see any donkies? LOL


--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #3742624 -

Not today. But I walked through some fresh donkey shit!

You must've been up to Redrock before to have asked that question!?


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3742629 -

I wish I could have been there climbing with ya !! I love to climb !!


--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: JettaJay]
    #3742636 -

Yeah I lived in Vegas for about 3 months last summer. We went up to Red Rock a few times.


--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3742641 -

awesome, man! they don't call you 'tothesummit' for nothin! :wink:

I truly do love the southwest, its so pretty out there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3742651 -

well, I slept through 75% of the game. Very tired and long day.


--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3742842 -

awsome pics man....


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3743087 -

Today was the superbowl? LOL. I'm not big into football and didn't watch either. I enjoy being at games sometimes, but not much interest in wasting a couple hours in front of the tube watching a game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: Supernova]
    #3743162 -

i'd kill to hike those areas near/around the rockies and grand canyon.. sadly enough, tho, i've never been west of missouri.

the appalachians are nothing in comparison.  they're still beautiful, though..  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: Supernova]
    #3743165 -

i spent my sunday starting my azurescens. i hope these jars come out ok. looks like a fun hike

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3743229 -

ToTheSummit said:
You spent yours in front of the TV...



did not

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: funkymonk]
    #3743565 -

I drank at a buddy of mine's house and got fucked up!! I also looked at the t.v. occasionally. I abhor television but, I am sufficiently brainwashed to at least have the tube on that channel. Nice pictures, Summit. :thumbup: :thumbup:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: blissedout]
    #3743598 -

I just smoked a super bowl of my own. :bong2:



Ya, ya.  I know I'm like the 80th person today to use that line, but it's still cool.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: Silversoul]
    #3743642 -

I don't have any pot. :frown:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: blissedout]
    #3743663 -

I just got some tonight, from a dealer I just met last night.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: Silversoul]
    #3743705 -

damn man you lucky bugger! we got...snow! still cool hiking but makes for pretty short trips when im in lazy mode.

keep em coming man, looks amazing!


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: funkymonk]
    #3744253 -

funkymonk said:
ToTheSummit said:
You spent yours in front of the TV...



did not



dito

though i did spend quite a few in from of this damn computer


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3744295 -

Hehe, I slept from about 3pm till 5:30am :lol: so ya, I missed it. But it made for a GREAT sunday evening 14 hour nap. Sleep was gooooooood.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why my Super Bowl Sunday was better than yours! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3744445 -

well uh.... good for you bro, i still stayed in college watched the game adn drank beers

cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who's Watching the Super Bowl Today?
( 1 2 3 all )
kosmic_charlie 5,244 40 02/06/05 07:43 PM
by pinkfloydms
* Beer commercial you wont see during Super Bowl ShroomFan 875 12 01/30/05 10:20 PM
by Adden
* Super Bowl=Thing of the Past...Supreme Bowl=Present/Future YouEnjoyMyself 446 0 02/06/05 10:29 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,964 29 03/31/05 09:47 AM
by In(di)go
* Bowling... a groovy sport Adamist 881 9 06/28/05 05:33 PM
by TheDudeAbides
* Super Bowl Commercial Contest - Please vote HSIHd 623 2 01/11/07 06:43 PM
by HSIHd
* Who was that woman in that Tobasco super bowl ad? freddurgan 327 0 02/06/05 07:07 PM
by freddurgan
* Do you bust your chron when you pack a bowl?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
duggan18 9,137 110 03/07/06 01:17 PM
by lukeboots

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,445 topic views. 13 members, 37 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.