Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Rush
    #3636533 -

So I was never really into Rush that much. I even saw them last summer at SarsStock in Toronto. I was like... meh, whatever. Good for them.

OMG. They fucking ROCK like it's NOBODIES BUSINESS. I was ignorant to brush them off. I am not worthy.


You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that?s clear
I will choose free will


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3636587 -

Someone once told me (but I've never tried to verify this fact) that Rush is the only band in which all members have a masters degree in music.

Just some un-verified trivia....


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3636886 -

:heart: Rush

:heart: Neil Peart :drumming:


edit: do not :heart: typos

Edited by ricochet (01/17/05 07:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: ricochet]
    #3637062 -

the rush singer is awful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: faslimy]
    #3637544 -

i like the guy's voice, after hearing it i can understand why the guy from coheed & cambria decided to sing instead of letting someone who doesn't sound quite as prepubescent do the job.

they're a brilliant band, i have an 8-track of theirs called "permanent waves," it rocks. i should get more..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: idiotek]
    #3637605 -

hemispheres


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: Shroomism]
    #3656304 -

Cygnus X-1. Perhaps the finest prog rock suite ever.

RUSH is the greatest band of all time!

I've been listening to the 80's and 90's era Rush lately and digging it more than ever. The old stuff is just incredible.

I used to not like RUSH because of Geddy's vocals. But once I heard 2112 that all changed. Geddy has one of the most aggressive and simultaneously clear voices in rock. Listen to 2112 or Farewell to Kings if you don't like Geddy's vocals then get back to me. Now I like all his vocals, awesome voice. His bass playing..........whew. Neil is the shit. Alex is the shit.

Not to mention the 30 YEAR CAREER. Have you heard Vapor Trails. They still kick an insane amount of ass. Yeah, I could talk about RUSH for a while....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: Viveka]
    #3656330 -

Closer to the Heart Baby!

Anyone wath the Trailer Park Boys?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: Noetical]
    #3657341 -

having never listened to rush i can firmly say they suck  :tongue: :tongue:


--------------------


...Free Your Mind And your ass will follow....
~funkadelic~


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: runawayjim]
    #3657788 -

runawayjim said:
having never listened to rush i can firmly say they suck  :tongue: :tongue:



no, no you can't  :tongue:


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3657823 -

yeah, they're nuts.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3660416 -

I've been listening to Rush since 1980 when I was a freshman in high school. I just can't say enough good about them, they've enriched my life and to this day they're still my all-time favorite group.


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3660499 -

Rush is a badass band. Fucking great musicians. Geddy Lee is an amazing bassist and Neil Pert is one of my favorite drummers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3660718 -

Rush is just amazing. Best band from canada.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: CherryBom]
    #3662611 -

CherryBomb said:
So I was never really into Rush that much.  I even saw them last summer at SarsStock in Toronto.  I was like... meh, whatever.  Good for them.

OMG.  They fucking ROCK like it's NOBODIES BUSINESS.  I was ignorant to brush them off.  I am not worthy.



Hi Cherry Bomb,

I like how RUSH songs tell cool stories in their lyrics, and intermingle it all with the somewhat "epic" and very dynamic musicial compositions....  The utter dynamics of it all was all very captivating to me when I discovered them....  :smile:

Back when I was 19 (some 15 years ago), and AFTER I had had my full emersion into the world Black Sabbath (the first band I ever took interest in), I heard the song "Tom Sawyer" with it's wonderfully BOLD melody lines....  And as I started collecting their stuff, I was never dissapointed....  Some songs are "better" than others, but they all seem to flow nicely when you listen to each whole CD/tape.... 

I have the complete Sabbath collection on Album, and still also have ALL of the RUSH collection on cassette tapes....  :smirk:

It is good to hear credit given to a good ole' band that deserves it....  :grin:

ChoW~,
>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3663519 -

Rush sucks balls...

the singer sounds like a gay chinchilla being raped by a rabid monkey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: BrAiN]
    #3663557 -

I just heard Hemispheres for the first time, I think it's their best.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: BrAiN]
    #3666964 -

BrAiN said:
Rush sucks balls...

the singer sounds like a gay chinchilla being raped by a rabid monkey



Do gay chinchillas sing....?  :smirk:

To each his own....  Gotta~ give credit where credit is due....  They are a three piece band, they are still together, they put out their 1st album 30 years ago, not sure exactly how many albums they have - but there are a lot, they are VERY succesful and well known - even just as musicianship goes, And I would say that MOST people know or have heard at least a few of their songs....   

Maybe you say they are "gay" because they write/play in the "happy" sounding modes of the scales....?  I do appreciate the sound of minor/darker scales more so than the "happy" ones, but RUSH seems to pull it all off.... 

And as for singers, Geddy Lee, and Dave Mustain (to me) have the worst singing voices I have heard - (excluding the new "The Darkness" singer), but all in all, they still pull it off.... 

Maybe being a musician makes me appreciate all music for what it is, an expression of self....  Being an open minded critic lets you "listen" to the whole "picture" being painted....  Just my opinion....  :grin:

ChoW~,
>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rush [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3695935 -

Rush happens to be my fathers favorite band, so I've been listening to and loving rush since I was born over 20 years ago.  Even when I went through all my various stages of music style preferences I've always listened to Rush...it's hard for me to understand why anyone wouldn't like them.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rush: Snakes and Arrows Sunny 752 6 06/13/07 04:47 PM
by Viveka
* Rush Sheeno 237 0 12/14/09 05:25 PM
by Sheeno
* Rush rossdaboss50 538 2 07/27/08 07:17 PM
by AislingGheal
* Rush - Calgary AB - July 18th/07 Spooge 734 3 05/15/07 01:47 PM
by Sunny
* My Trip Last Night with RUSH Blastrid 605 2 11/17/03 09:17 AM
by Blastrid
* Rush nymphenthogenic 509 1 07/01/08 09:02 AM
by moe.ron
* My bandmate plays way too rushed--how do I get him to slow down? Noviseer 693 9 07/30/09 07:53 AM
by the bizzle
* Shane Caruth - A Sullen Rush and Roar XUL 509 3 08/21/14 09:44 AM
by ivi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
2,282 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.