Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelizzardking
journeyman

DB Kit Finals(READ THIS)
    #355888 - 07/16/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well, the totals are in. After waiting a total of 7 weeks with dreams of a super crop i just finished the first harvest from the 15LB.kit
I followed the directions to the letter. The time line wasnt even close.It took almost 3 weeks for the rye berries to colonize(one bag was lost).I used the remaining two bags and 4 1/2 pints of Thai Kai Samui.It took another 2.5 weeks for the substrate to colonize.About 1.5 weeks for the fruiting to finish(i allow the caps to go quite a bit before i pick-em).I was not happy about the time thing.I kept thinking there was something wrong(i didnt change anything).
The grand total was 3.5 ounces. I was shocked!!!! Even looking at them before the harvest i was hoping maybe 1.5 but 3.5??? OH YEA!  I am thrilled.The heaviest one was 7.2g the tallest 11 inches.There may be wonderfull ways to mix your own substrate. Some of you may live by a farm with a cow.I'm quite happy with my investment and when i EVENTUALLY eat all 3.5z's i'll be ordering the 50lbs. of DungBrothers using my $25.00 off coupon. WOO HOO! MOO MOO! This stuff really works. Thanks Ryche.

"i can do anything" :wink:

I support www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
[blue]"i can do anything"[/blue] :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: DB Kit Finals(READ THIS) [Re: lizzardking]
    #355895 - 07/16/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

ah lol congrats (even tho i don't know shit about this) was this your first time growing? sounds like. were you a person who was ripped off and trying to get their money's worth??

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!
Engage in fecal expulsion!

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offlinelizzardking
journeyman

Re: DB Kit Finals(READ THIS) [Re: CACA]
    #355909 - 07/16/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ive been learning to cultivate for about 8 months now. I started with The Crap Food Machine from Mushroom Magic. Then went to cakes. Then to casing (50/50+). The DB Kit has been the easiest thing ive worked with yet.
Thankyou.

--------------------

Offlineabrcromby_dude
SaM ThEAuToMaToR
Loc: I hate the UsA
    #355965 - 07/16/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

me too i just harvested my crop from the 10 lb kit and got about 2 oz from the first flush. This is my 3 rd harvest. the other 2 were from cakes, i got no where near the results. i to took wat longer for the whole process but i think it was worth it. However after the flush all the spore maid the kit look black and unhealthy and i think it may have been contaminated. O well i ordered the 50lb kit today and cant wait to start again

hey all yall i have 2 harvests under my belt and know a little but will prolly be askin more than sharin

--------------------
nocturnal shroomery member # 420
long live my nuts

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#356790 - 07/18/01 01:00 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'm happy to hear you both enjoyed your DB kits. I'm a little curious as to why 2 bags of colonized rye grain and 2 pints of substrate took almost 3 weeks to colonize. With that many inoculation points it should have been done quicker, perhaps your temps were low? 3.5z' of thai koh samui's... you have some nice experiences awaiting you and your friends :)
Abrcromby_dude .... 2oz from one flush from a 10lb kit...first flush... now that sounds like your kit is really excelling.
Thanks for the feedback .... we really appreciate it when its this positive as well. The colonizing times do vary a lot from user to user, strain to strain. The thai koh samui though has always shown to be one of the fastest, much faster then what Lizard King seen so that has me puzzled.
The times listed on our site are the extreme. Although we do see the kits colonize that fast most of the time, certainly not always. I think I'll change the times to refelect a more average overall time.

As for the grain bags, one colonized bag is all you need to get the kit going, but we do send along 4 in case any bags due fail you have plenty of backups.

As soon as the shroomery is runnning up to speed again, I have a whole new array of pics to share with everyone.
Once again, thanks for the feedback.

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinelizzardking
journeyman

Re: DB Kit Finals(READ THIS) [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #356921 - 07/18/01 06:53 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the response Ryche.I was colonizing the rye bags @ a constant 80 degree's. The compost @ 75. When i order the 50lbs. I'll go to 85 for the rye.

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #357126 - 07/19/01 02:46 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

congrats Ryche. It sounds as if you got all the kinks worked out. This is good news. Happy for ya.

"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#357335 - 07/19/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Raising the temps will certainly speed things up, but as we know, higher temps also increases chances of contamination. If good clean conditions and procedures are used, the higher temps should not be a problem though :)

And for those interested, as promised many moons ago. We will be revealing how the DB compost is made.
DB and -Clyde- have been colaborating on this (now that DB has finally broke down and bought a PC )and its almost finished. A little bit of editing and it should be ready to post soon they tell me :)

-Peace-
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisibleisis
addict
    #357378 - 07/19/01 06:49 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I think the kinks are worked out indeed. My DB grain bags colonized completely in 7 days. So, this strain was able to keep up with Ryche's time line.I used ecuador syringes that I made from one of the prints I received from Ralphster. I gave them an extra day just to be safe. The rye bags looked great and worked great. I received three bags and all three colonized without contamination. I innoculated 15lbs of compost with the 3 rye berry bags today.I'll keep you guys updated on the final outcome.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags