Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech need
    #3198078 - 09/29/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Repost from [url=
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...c=#Post3198057]
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...st3198057[/url]

So I was shooting pictures today a feverish pace as on every Wednesday and I actually filled up a 16 MB Compact Flash disk. 62 1MP pics.

I got to work and went to download them and the shit started acting all funny. Long story short, my camera can still view about 12 of the pics, but the rest are not even there as far as it's concerned. When I try and view the disk as a remote drive, it has one big file where all the pics should be. I can't get even a single pic off of the disk.
It's named DCDCDCD.DCD and is 1.05 GB...ON A 16MB disk!?!?!!? Is this absolutely unretreivable and corrupted beyond recognition?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated (and reciprocated) . This is gonna cost me big and it couldn't have come at a more inoppourtune time.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: 62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech ne [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3200895 - 09/30/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yea sounds like the something is really wrong if a 16mb card is reading 1gb.  sorry for losing the pics hopefully they weren't too terribley important. maybe random shots of the carpet? :frown:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: 62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech ne [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3201091 - 09/30/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Can you transfer the file to your computer?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: 62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech need [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3201559 - 09/30/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You still may be able to retrieve the photos, it could be that the equivalent of a file allocation table (what tells the os where to find data on the disk and how much space the data uses) may be corrupted. I've seen similar things with windows/dos disks where with the proper utility the data could be retrieved... the trick is finding the proper utility. Have you tried the manufacturer's web site or emailing them?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #3202223 - 09/30/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If your camera is like mine, it uses a FAT file system just like a DOS-formatted floppy. Norton Disk Doctor or the like just might work on it. Worth a try anyway.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: 62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech ne [Re: Evolving]
    #3202255 - 09/30/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I actually found a few utilities for recovering flash media, specifically photos.  My disk was too far gone.  I was on the phone with the Network Ad. trying everything we could.  The $2500 in commision is gone.  :bitch:  The first time I've hit quota in 6 weeks and this.

The worst thing is this was mostly preventable had I not been so haphazard  about the storage of my disks.  I really shouldn't put more than 24 pics on a disk - it's putting all my eggs in one basket.  Having just bought a house with all the normal expenses assosciated with it and an irrational number of unexpected expenses (and unnecessary expenditures), this has be feeling defeated. 

Maybe I should go to the Support Forumn.  :crymeariver:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: 62 pictures gone at a cost of $2,570 Help me! IT/tech ne [Re: MarioNett]
    #3202286 - 09/30/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Too late. 

My camera disk pwned me.  :doggystyle:

--------------------

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #3203589 - 10/01/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

aren't there picture retrieval utilities specially designed for pictures on flash cards?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom