Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Bonnaroo deaths ruled due to drug overdoses
    #3049327 - 08/25/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well whataya know, both deaths involved pharmies and coke.  :mad2:

NASHVILLE - Drug abuse killed two young adults who died while in Tennessee for the June Bonnaroo music festival, the state medical examiner has ruled. 

Brandon Taylor, 20, of Lowell, Mich., and Amber Lynn Stevens, 22, of Flatwoods, Ky., died from "acute combined drug toxicity," according to forensic pathologist Dr.  Bruce Levy.  Both deaths were ruled accidental and attributed to taking "too many drugs too soon," autopsy reports stated. 

The two young people died within a day of each other after being taken from the June festival to a hospital for treatment.  They were the first deaths in the three-year history of the popular event, which drew 90,000 music fans to a 600-acre plus farm near Manchester. 

The autopsy report, released Wednesday by the Coffee County Sheriff's Department, says the deaths occurred "because of the combined effects of all the drugs in the body."

Stevens had five drugs in her body when she died, while Taylor had three in his system, comprehensive toxicology tests revealed. 

The young woman's system contained ketamine, a general anesthetic also used as a painkiller and known as "Special K"; diazepam, a prescription drug normally given for anxiety attacks and seizures known by the brand name Valium; oxycodone, a prescription painkiller; plus marijuana and cocaine. 

Drugs found in Taylor's body were cocaine, oxycodone, and alprazolam, a prescription drug for anxiety and panic disorders known by the brand name Xanax. 

Law enforcement officials say all of the drugs found in the young people were among those confiscated by local officers when they arrested 27 people and issued 132 citations to Bonnaroo attendees. 

Coffee County Sheriff Steve Graves said the autopsy results came as no surprise.  He said he witnessed a lot of drug activity during Bonnaroo but didn't have the manpower to make any more arrests. 

"We've been lucky over the years.  I guess some will say that two deaths out of the number of people that were here is probably pretty good, but two is too many," he said.

:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Bonnaroo deaths ruled due to drug overdoses [Re: Adamist]
    #3049415 - 08/25/04 06:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Cocaine, Opiates and Xanax never mix my friend.

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3050513 - 08/25/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Pills killed both of them.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

Love is like a train...

Loc: The Sea
    #3052818 - 08/26/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

there were alotta mysterious substances floating around that fest. I wonder if they intended on taking the drugs they acquired. Some pressies have been reported numerous times for being most ketamine. Pills, man pills, not good for heat and multiple drug digestion.

A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service