Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
Help with some interview questions...
    #2987622 - 08/10/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So, I'm applying for a job at my old highschool working as tech support. It starts at 12.50 and hour and one of my old teachers is giving me a heads-up on what the interview questions will be and little hints on the answers. I just wanted to know how some of you would answer these questions :laugh:. Any help is well appreciated. This is also the first "real" job I've ever applied for, where I need a resume and everything, so keep that in mind

Question 1: If sometime in the near future someone asked you to explain what steps you would take if a user couldn't print...what would you do?
  Hint 1:"Remember customer service....help them with their immediate need and then follow up with some teaching/coaching."

Question 2: If you needed to see if a RAM chip from one computer worked in another (and increased performance) what steps would you take?
  Hint 2: "Keyword - benchmark."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help with some interview questions... [Re: PoopShooter]
    #2988402 - 08/10/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

first thing you should always ask the person having problems is if its plugged in.
its amazing how many times this will solve the issue.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Help with some interview questions... [Re: PoopShooter]
    #2989055 - 08/10/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

First off, Eightball is right.

Quote:

PoopShooter said:
Question 1: If sometime in the near future someone asked you to explain what steps you would take if a user couldn't print...what would you do?

Check the printer to see that it's on and that it has paper and is not experiencing a jam or other malfunction. If it's a network printer, make sure that their computer can 'see' the network and the printer. If it's a local printer, make sure the connections are good (on the printer and on the PC). With some PC's on some networks, if the printer is down when the PC is brought up, it can have trouble recognizing the printer - in this case sometimes a simple reboot is in order. Make sure that the printer they want to print to is the one selected for the job. Check the printer in the control panel and make sure there are no problems with the queue. Check the printer properties and try printing a test page. Still doesn't work? Try using windows troubleshooting for the printer (assuming it's a windblows PC).

Quote:

Question 2: If you needed to see if a RAM chip from one computer worked in another (and increased performance) what steps would you take?

Remember, putting higher speed RAM in a computer while leaving slower speed ram will not increase memory speed, the computer will access the memory at the speed of the slowest chips. That being said, adding more ram is usually a good thing because it will lesson the need for the use of virtual memory.

You have to make sure that the ram is compatible with the ram in the computer. Usually, after you install the ram, the user can tell if it's working faster or not. If not, benchmarks aren't going to make the user any more happy. Try to coax the user to shut down unused programs, change some of his programs so they all don't start when windblows starts - most the goddamn programs nowadays want to start whether they are needed or not. Make sure the user does not have any file sharing programs running, make sure that there is no unnecessary sharing of folders or drives. Also check the disk space, there may be so much crap that the swap file size is limited by the available space and has to keep swapping out memory to disk. If this is the case, run the windows disk cleanup utility to free up space, remove unwanted, unauthorized or unused programs, also consider defragging. Oh, don't forget security and viruses.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
Re: Help with some interview questions... [Re: Evolving]
    #2992006 - 08/11/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks to you both. I don't go in for my interview for about a week and a half, but I'll post the results here. Wish me luck! :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale