Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
First post and introduction * 1
    #29682158 -

Hi fellow shroomerites!

I've been reading on this forum for a while and decided to make an account.
I wanna thank you all for posting and sharing your experience and doing so in quite humble manner, love it.:rockon:

I have actually started with cultivation, agar palates. Went with no pour tek from Josex. Pudin's instant pot tek was huge help as well. Needles to say I am an absolute beginner. Got my spores from local vendor, lord of spores brand :mad2:  It was a dud, first thing that caught my attention was that I couldn't see any spore clumps floating around. What do I know, this is my first encounter so let's go with it.:dancer:

I inoculated 6 plates, 4 with inoculation loop and 2 with drop from syringe. Nothing on all of them. I guess good part is I also managed to keep them sterile, no contams showing. Forgot to mention I'm working in a SAB.
:agar:
Well after wandering space of this forum I've decided to make an order from one of sponsor vendors. I took as many precaution as I could, following that one post with link to security and anonymity.

I went with MushroomManMycology and man was I satisfied with the experience.:nyan: I am now waiting for stuff to arrive. In the meantime, I'd appreciate if you could point me to a way of safe media uploads, like stripping metadata etc. Also let me know if you got any suggestions for a newcommer and begginer as myself. I have RR videos, and few books from Stamets I gotta get to.
Looking forward to sharing my experience with y'all:elmo:


--------------------
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon
I certainly hope we will
:madpirate:

Edited by Reishi Uchiha (09/30/26 08:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post and introduction [Re: Reishi Uchiha] * 1
    #29682583 -

I don't know nothing about growing except old school ways.  I haven't grown in 15 years. But anyway welcome to the shroomery :dancingbear:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post and introduction [Re: Reishi Uchiha]
    #29682616 -

Shroomery strips meta data automatically.

Welcome to the shroomery.

:awecid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post and introduction [Re: Mystikal]
    #29682762 -

JonBongGroovy said:
I don't know nothing about growing except old school ways.  I haven't grown in 15 years. But anyway welcome to the shroomery :dancingbear:



Thank you JonBongGroovy! Wow, 15 years, so what do you do here these days if you don't mind me asking? I'm pretty sure you've got a group of good buddies in that period.


Mystikal said:
Shroomery strips meta data automatically.

Welcome to the shroomery.

:awecid:



Awesome, thank you Mystikal! I was just browsing through my account settings and stuff that comes with acc, pretty cool that Shroomery actually hosts your photos.

Since posting the OP, I went to the local forest and harvested some oysters, inoculated 4 plates with tissue while I'm waiting for spores. Hopefully I'll be uploading pics of mycelium soon :goodluck:


--------------------
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon
I certainly hope we will
:madpirate:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post and introduction [Re: Reishi Uchiha]
    #29682765 -

Reishi Uchiha said:
JonBongGroovy said:
I don't know nothing about growing except old school ways.  I haven't grown in 15 years. But anyway welcome to the shroomery :dancingbear:



Thank you JonBongGroovy! Wow, 15 years, so what do you do here these days if you don't mind me asking? I'm pretty sure you've got a group of good buddies in that period.





I just hangout mostly in the pub and chat with fellow shroomery members. People here come and go but they're some that stick around.  I've been sober for almost 4 years now and it's a good life.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The formal introduction Shorttyd 1,180 15 05/07/04 11:07 AM
by Ripple
* A formal introduction. Chimera 1,409 13 03/04/04 01:06 PM
by Ripple
* Another NooB introduction Pope_Adrian 652 6 11/14/05 06:50 PM
by Captain Loafy McPoopdick
* Post a picture of someone you consider HOT
( 1 2 3 4 ... 958 959 )
AsanteM 863,206 19,176 10/03/26 10:20 AM
by sfepa
* My One Thousandth Post! trendalM 3,326 19 10/05/17 06:24 PM
by trendal
* the pub is infested with post whores
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Senor_Doobie 10,786 70 03/08/23 11:04 AM
by starfire_xes
* what other message boards do you post on?
( 1 2 all )
MadadaM 3,892 25 10/27/03 08:36 PM
by eve69
* dam lurkers...come out and post, i can see you
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 3,079 50 03/27/04 09:04 PM
by notapillow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
52 topic views. 5 members, 20 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.