Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026)
    #29663155 -

Welcome to Anonymous's guerilla planting thread. I'm new to this, but today marked my first seed haul.



These came from apples resembling the ones below: a small fruiting crab apple that starts out green and shifts to yellowish once ripe. The flavor leans mildly sweet, not quite on par with a store-bought dessert apple, but far from unpleasant. I honestly can't say what variety this is, or whether it qualifies as a crab apple, an applecrab, or something feral.



Worth noting: apples are heterozygous, so every seed inside a single apple can trace back to a different pollen source. A bee may drift through a dozen apple trees before landing on this one, scattering pollen from each into the multiple ovaries of a single blossom. That means the seeds sitting side by side in the same fruit can carry entirely distinct genetics.

Assuming things go smoothly, I'll stratify the seeds in the fridge come February 2027, transfer them into 2L pop bottles around April or May 2027, and put them out into the wild by September or October 2027.

Stay tuned for the next round of seeds I gather. Still on my list: picking up some 6500K shop lights for the seedlings I'll be raising.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #29663412 -

Are you growing guerrilla apples? I thought this thread would be about hemp. I look forward to following this thread.

Edited by Anonymous (09/07/26 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #2] * 1
    #29663554 -

You might as well plant those apple seeds in cups over winter to take root then plant individually in spring.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #29663565 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Are you growing guerrilla apples? I thought this thread would be about hemp. I look forward to following this thread.



I'm growing anything that catches my eye and that I can figure out how to collect seeds from. Oak and chokecherry are my next two targets.

I may also pick up some native plant seeds, but even seeds from native species can carry unwanted baggage if they're sourced from somewhere else. Plants adapt to the microclimate they grow in over generations, so strawberries from New York, for example, would become suited to New York conditions. If those seeds were introduced into a population in Winnipeg, they could dilute traits the local strawberries had developed to handle say colder weather or some other Winnipeg condition.


Anonymous #3 said:
You might as well plant those apple seeds in cups over winter to take root then plant individually in spring.





They need cold stratification first, so my options are either sowing them outside in the ground this fall or storing them between damp paper towels in the fridge for 60-90 days. I'll go with the fridge route starting around February 15th, and they should be ready to go outside by April or May, after the last frost. I plan to keep them in grow bags until they go dormant in fall 2027, then transplant them. I might try selling a few too, just to recover the cost of soil and grow bags. Even wild apples have some demand from people looking to attract deer or other wildlife, oak is popular too, and chokecherry might be as well. I'd personally be interested in chokecherry, though I'm not sure how much appeal it has for normies.

I didn't realize this forum had mandatory anon posts, if anyone wants their name known say who you are and I'll edit the main post to list who's who, but if anyone wants to stay anon that's cool too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #29663570 -

This is roughly my to do list so far
Quote:
1. Identify oak species (leaf shape check)
2. Collect acorns; plant per type
3. Wait for chokecherries to ripen, then collect
4. Collect more apples once ripe/ground-dropped
5. Collect asparagus berries once ripe, extract/clean/dry seeds
6. Collect and relocate white baneberry berries (~50 ft away), gloves on
7. Collect rowan berries, confirm species before eating
8. Fall-sow old wildflower seed packets (scarify Desmodium first)
9. Bag leaf litter/mulch now, leave outside to freeze over winter
10. Clean chokecherry pits, air-dry lightly
11. Sort apple seeds by color, discard pale/immature ones
12. Check municipality for free compost/leaf mulch program
13. Buy fabric air-prune bags
14. Buy soil (Garden Soil, quantity per final mix ratio)
15. Buy/set up grow lights with timer
16. Learn wildflower seed collection/seed bomb method
17. Fridge-stratify chokecherry pits and apple seeds from mid-Feb
18. Fill containers with sand/topsoil/leaf mold mix
19. Start seeds per stratification schedule (Feb–April depending on species)
20. Grow through season, harden off if started indoors
21. Let seedlings go dormant in fall
22. Bare-root transplant/dig as needed
23. Price and prep for sale (proper pots/tags for chokecherry/oak vs. cheap bulk for apple/asparagus)



Asparagus plants look pretty crazy when they go to seed. The original Christmas tree lol The red berries look like ornaments.

Edited by Anonymous (09/08/26 07:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #29663687 -

I got 130 silky dogwood seeds today. A pack of 10-15 can sell for $4, but trying to find a buyer could be hard. A live plant sprouted in spring could sell for $8 in fall, if you could even find a buyer. I may try and sprout these and plant them around a pond I know. Imagine someone bought all 130 seedlings? That's like $500 after given a bulk 50% discount, for only a few hours of work and maybe $100 in soil and grow bags, and plenty of vitamin p (patience)



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #29665321 -



98 black walnuts, they are not native to my area, but they are not invasive either.

I have them in a basket in a live trap to keep out squirrels and raccoons. The basket keeps them away from the edges incase a raccon reaches in.

I have it on a lawn chair to reduce the amount of mice an voles that would find it on the ground.

I tied it to the lawn chair at all the corners to keep a raccoon or squirrel from being able to flip it.

I'm waiting for maggots to eat all the green and turn it black, then they peel easily and then I can do a float test, all the ones that float are no good for either planting or eating.

This was one day collecting, I found about 30 trees maybe, but only 5 or 10 fruited.

I'll keep an eye out for more in the next couple weeks, I could possibly find a lot more.

I'm going to plant a bunch, and also eat a bunch, hopefully a lot sink when I do the float test.

The husk can make a dye, I will try dying a white shirt with it, maybe not surprisingly it makes a walnut colour.

The macros are different from the English Walnut, the Black Walnut has about double the protein, a little less carbs, a moderate amount less fat. (I'll sell them as GLP1 friendly walnuts lol)

And its said to have a more "earthy" flavour.

These trees are in my stomping grounds, I never knew they were walnuts, I always thought they were an inedible chestnut, so I ignored them.

Here's some images of black walnut dyed clothes from google images.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #29665530 -

Make Henry bane sauce with them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #29666850 -

I loomed that up, the exact recipe is proprietary, and you need immature fruit, my walnuts are already hard


I found a few haw trees today, (genus: Crataegus) no.IDon exact species,its in the rose family (like roses and apples and cherries) and the fruit taste okay, like other members of the family the cseeds contain cynaide, I don't know what to compare the taste to, maybe an apple is the closest thing, but its more flowery then an apple, like a tea, maybe a mix between a rose hip and an Apple, though I'm not 100% sure what a rose hip taste like




I found chokecherries, also in the rose family, but in the cherry genus, full species is Prunus virginiana, I marked some of the small trees for transplant in march, I don't know if they are suckers or seedlings, but ai says both will transplant okay






I found Smilax herbacea (smooth carrion flower) its a creeping vine like grapes, the berries also look like wild grapes aswell, the flower smells like a dead animal, I tried a berry, it was quite bland and mealy in my mouth, but after I spit it out their was a pleasant familiar after taste I couldnt quite put my finger on, maybe apricot, idk




I got a bag of goldenrod, I'm going to try and make a jelly tomorrow with it, I'll let you know how that works out maybe the day after tomorrow, I tried a tea, and it tasted like honey, so I figured a jelly could be honey substitute


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #29670512 -

Yall are so cool. I haven't done anything except spread a bunch of datura seeds around. (its native to my habitat)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #29670542 -

I havnt done anything this year except collect seeds, this is the first year I got into this, I'll see if I'm successful hatching the seeds over winter, if they do hatch I'll plant in the spring

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Guerilla Planting Thread (fall 2026) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #29670701 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I havnt done anything this year except collect seeds, this is the first year I got into this, I'll see if I'm successful hatching the seeds over winter, if they do hatch I'll plant in the spring



Cold time is important to most fruit trees, but in your case blueberries seeding is the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Elon Musk won't live to see 2026 Anonymous 374 12 04/04/25 03:27 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
147 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.