Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
What could be wrong with my knee?
    #2959834 - 08/03/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know that nobody is necessarily a doctor here, but I was wondering if someone could tell me what this sounds like:

Okay, for several months now I have been experiencing pain in my kneecap. ESPECIALLY when running on the treadmill, or walking up stairs, anything that puts pressure on the knee. The pain feels like a burst of agony, an intense ache. It's steadily gotten worse over the months.

Do you think I just have a bum knee? I'm going to the doctor to get it checked out next week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: What could be wrong with my knee? [Re: MOTH]
    #2959863 - 08/03/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That happens to me when I do leg press. Sometimes I don't notice it, but most of the time the pain is so intense i have tto try and get the weight back up with just my left leg.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2959924 - 08/03/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my mother's knee pops when she walks. my knee pops after prolonged walking or a certain type of walking. some people just think its my shoes when they start hearing the pop.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: What could be wrong with my knee? [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2959978 - 08/03/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ow...

No, it doesn't pop, just is incredibly painful whenever I move. I hope that there's not something seriously wrong with it.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

#2960004 - 08/03/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

could be what they call 'family bad knees'. heriditary shit. do you do any skiiing or 'xtreme' sports at all?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: What could be wrong with my knee? [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2960009 - 08/03/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Nope, nothing like that.  :frown:  It just started hurting one day and has steadily gotten worse. 

I have been exercising alot more within the past 4 months.

OfflineSoDak_Stranger
Scurd
    #2960013 - 08/03/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

could be some cartilage damage...i would have it checked out so the cartilage doesn't slowly tear and wear away...if there is some...you would just need a scope and be out the same day...

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

#2960015 - 08/03/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well if its nothing like past injuries it could be a pressure point being touched wrong. that shit is annoying. i can see the doctor recommending a knee brace. they've helped.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2960670 - 08/03/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I could be WAY off, but i used to have very very bad pain in my knee and if it would be touched in the right place it would hurt so bad i would pretty much collapse. But feel under your kneecap and if it hurts that and if there is a little gap between your kneecap and shin or whatever. What i had was when i was younger and my bones weren't growing at the same rate or something and there was a gap and i would frequently bump my knee and i would always hurt myself real bad. So i can probably guarentee you i am way off.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2961027 - 08/03/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok; i am extremely angry at the moment due to the fact that my post was just lost after spending about 10 minutes writing it so this will not be as involved as it should have been.

your problem may be some form of arthritis. i have Osteoarthrytis resultant from multiple traumatic injuries to the cartilage of my knee cap. it is often caused this way and can even be caused or contributed to by repeated minor sprains, so you will want to think seriously about any past injuries, even if you don't know of anything major. it is also often contributed to by genetics. a doctor can diagnose this with patient questioning and an x-ray examination.

another possibility is that it is caused by some form of Osteophyte [bone spur]. these are caused by many things, including arthritis [especialy Osteo] and even by simple irregularities in the structure of the bone at the joint. in this last case, it is caused when the pressure from the other bone in the joint is rests on one piont unevenly and the bone tries to correct this by increasing in size at some point to make the shape of the bone at the joint fit the other and does so unevenly, producing a more pronounced ridge wich constricts or *pinches* the nerve fibers in the area of the joint. an x-ray examination can also confirm this easily and it can often be removed with surgery. prolonged aggitation during a period of inflamation can result in nerve damage in extreme cases.

there are also other possibilities that are eiter not known to me or are not comming to mind at the moment, so it is certainly important that you see a doctor if you can and the pain is restricting your lifestyle. you will be better off finding out what is going on now, so that if it is something like arthritis you can find out what to do to take care of it so that it may never get bad at all.

there was more i had initialy said, relating to care of the joint in the case of Osteoarthritis and my personal aproach, but i'll spare you for the moment nunless you want me to [we all know i'm a longwinded motherf-@#-er sometimes].

good luck with your knee. whatever it is, be careful and take care of it so you don't end up having to limit your activities much if at all in the future [i didn't and i can now leg press about 450lb with both legs and can press almost 350 with my left leg].

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2961341 - 08/03/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My wife started having knee pain about 8 years ago. They ended up finding out that she had a torn miniscus (sp?) in her knee. Apparently its part of the lining in the joint, but I'm no expert on the subject. She had orthoscopic surgery to repair it. In and out in one day. It took a little therapy to get back to normal but she is fine now.

Her symptoms sounded very similar to yours. Just a thought.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2961471 - 08/03/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I would try to do less high impact stuff with it(Running on a treadmill) and try to do more low impact(walking up stairs, walking, light hiking) but just for short periods of time. Slowly increase the amounts of time that you do these excercises. Your doctor will probably recommend some stretching excercises too. If not, ask him about stretching. I hope your knee feels better.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: What could be wrong with my knee? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2962859 - 08/04/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks!!!  :heart:  I'm going to the doc soon..hopefully there's nothing seriously wrong with it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags