Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Terror Alert?
    #2955397 - 08/02/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, well here we are in New York City, and the terror alert level has been raised.
Do you want to know what this increased security entails? Not the regular parts of town, the streets and avenues where people do their buying and selling, no. Wall Street's got soldiers and police. City Hall has soldiers and police. Rich men's buildings have soldiers and police.

What a sham.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Terror Alert? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2955404 - 08/02/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The entire thing seems fucked up to me. I don't know what to say about it.

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #2955640 - 08/02/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

NYC has been on orange alert since they invented it.

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Terror Alert? [Re: chinadoll]
    #2956486 - 08/02/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm more suprised they didn't do this during Democratic National Convention.....

It would have been a good ploy to take some press away from the DNC.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2956571 - 08/02/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I feel so bad for you NYC people- sorry you have to endure the police state on so many levels- I guess Orange is just GWB's favorite color- save for red- but he is a closet fan of red.  We'll see it come out soon though I'm sure.  Power of conspiracy is like any other fetish...  They keep the public information so limited regarding what it "entails".  It's a administration-speak of patriotic "we're on the alert"-type overstatements.  Hang in there onemorerobot3021- don't act funny on the subway or anything that's for sure.  looks as if, by your picture you are due for a crue cut, young man. :whatever:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2956622 - 08/02/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was watching the news, and they just raised the terror alert to:

BLACK : Gothic Horror! -- Expect flocks of poisonous ravens and cabals of witches. Plagues of locusts and a rain of blood and toads is imminent. Wear plenty of wolfsbane and garlic when outdoors. You can no longer trust your family pet, so kill it, before it kills you. In the event of an emergency, special news broadcasts will be read by Vincent Price.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2956669 - 08/02/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2956707 - 08/02/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think half of this terrorism shit is just to scare people into thinking we need more police and more security. I won't forget to mention that the government has given itself the right to more invasive monitoring methods. They have won too much ground against American freedom and privacy already and it scares me where this nation is heading. (If you say "if you don't like it, move to annother contry," don't think I am not contemplating that.)

I am not saying that terroism doesn't exsist and doesn't need to be dealt with, but when they close down half of fucking Boston for the DNC and absolutely nothing happens, I have questions.

Especially when for "security" they shit on the protestors and put them in cages. They checked bags and purses before letting people into the subways. They also harrassed one of my friends over parking and the next day a group of five people from the US Secret Service, FBI and Boston police came knockin at his door. They were suspecting some terrorist shit, but what the fuck is the need? My friend isn't even Arabic or Muslm!

It makes me feel as if our government is saying "If we make people paranoid, we can get away with anything" and it is exactly what is happenning. People don't realize the abuse of power till it happens to them, I am against it strait up from the start.

Anyone who protests gets put in a fuckin cage or shut out.

Do you guys remember when Donald Rumsfeld had that hearing and a group of people snuck in with banners saying "Fire Rumsfeld?" Anyone who speaks out is generally ignored and labelled as trouble makers, when they are in fact more patriotic than these corrupt fucks who only care about themselves. People have to pull covert shit, like smuggling banners into hearings just to be heard.

I really don't think most of America wants any of this shit and I also don't think this sleeping giant is going to wake up till it's too late. It's just sad.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Terror Alert? [Re: Papaver]
    #2956727 - 08/02/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver said:
I was watching the news, and they just raised the terror alert to:

<blockquote>BLACK : Gothic Horror! -- Expect flocks of poisonous ravens and cabals of witches. Plagues of locusts and a rain of blood and toads is imminent. Wear plenty of wolfsbane and garlic when outdoors. You can no longer trust your family pet, so kill it, before it kills you. In the event of an emergency, special news broadcasts will be read by Vincent Price.</blockquote>

:rotfl: :lol:

It would be nice to see those resources go to something more positive. It's really frustraiting to have this time & attention devoted to something which has so far, been mostly a fear device moreso than something which actually keeps us safe.

That being said, it's also frustraiting because they constantly tell us of these threats and so its hard to tell how serouis to take any of it. Not that it matters all that much, considering that me personally being aware of a threat isn't going to prevent it from happening. I could see the headlines now "Random person foils al-Qeuda plot because of color coded alert system!"

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineArchemetis
    #2957470 - 08/02/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the terror alert is just one of the tactics used to control the population through fear...it has never dropped to the 2 lower levels of alert and not once has there been an attack no matter how high they raised it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale