Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea * 2
    #28085871 -

So, we all have our preferred ways of consumption, and some of us avoid simply  eating the mushies because of digestion difficulties and possible nausea.
I myself have avoided eating them straight for some time trying to avoid the infamous tummy discomfort, and would lemon tek it instead.
But recently what I found is that if I take small pieces, chew them a lot and keep them in my mouth for a while, I don't get any discomfort and they kick in super fast! (it does make your teeth blue tho :smile: )

You could think of it as keeping an acid tab under your tongue for some time. Which brings me to my question:

Could psilocybin be absorbed straight into your blood stream just like lsd would?

Also, it is reported that Maria Sabina, Mazatec curandera, would instruct people to keep the mushrooms in their mouths for some time. So this was already a thing since people developed a relationship with the mushroom.

Does anyone know of any articles, or could maybe link me  to some studies of the effect of saliva and enzimes on psilocybin or mushroom fibers?

Thank you


--------------------
Your existence is not impossible, but very very unlikely


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: ModernShitake] * 2
    #28087999 -

Eww.

I used to cut them up in small pieces, down then with some juice then have lemon juice in a drink or a shot.

I don't recall ever having stomach nausea?

LSA containing seeds definitely had stomach nausea, but not the cubes.


--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: sudly]
    #28088257 -

heheh

I love doing lemon teks also.

Some people really have a tough time digesting the chitin present in the mushroom fibers. This also might be a way to make it easier, but idk


--------------------
Your existence is not impossible, but very very unlikely


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: ModernShitake] * 2
    #28093205 -

Why do people keep saying chitin causes the nausea?  This really bothers me a tremendous amount because it makes precisely no sense at all.  If it was the chitin, edible mushrooms would cause nausea as well, which they clearly do not, therefore it cannot be the chitin.  Most of the nausea comes from serotonin receptors in the gut being partially agonized by the psylocibin.  Taking a drug that blockades these receptors such as ondansetron removes all the nausea.


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Edited by Ice Nine (02/05/23 12:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: ModernShitake] * 3
    #28172362 -

I might try it but I've found that adding ginger extract to my capsules pretty much solved the issue for me (also because I don't have to taste the mushrooms). I also always keep ginger chews handy when I'm out tripping, these are delicious and saved me from puking countless times.

For people who get very bad nausea, I've also found that taking a low-dose (i.e. 1g) and then taking the rest of your dose as a booster during the come-up makes it much more tolerable because your come-up happens over a longer period of time.

And yeah, as stated above, the nausea has nothing to do with chitin. Most people get a similar nausea when coming up on MDMA or LSD.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: Alberto_Balsam]
    #28855184 -

I get zero nausea from MD, but sometimes pretty bad nausea from shrooms.

I do think it's the receptors though. I've had shroom trips with nausea from lemon tek and no nausea while eating the whole shroom.

I read somewhere that the other potential "entourage effect" chemicals like baeocystin and norbaeocystin also bind to serotonin receptors, but don't cross the blood brain barrier so the current state of science is they don't make the trip different.

I've had shroom trips with little to no nausea while on others it felt bad.

My hypothesis is that the baeocystin et al may bind to serotonin receptors, blocking the receptor for psilocybin and thus making the trip feel smoother, because it doesn't start with nausea.

I'd love to test this but don't have the equipment to measure the shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: shrool]
    #28866626 -

Sublingual abortion totally works, and im sure it would work amazingly well with psilocybin.
When I was looking into a cannabis sublingual, I read that the products work better when the active constituent is water soluble and other shit

Here I found info for you to read, and that just gave me another idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: fnulnu]
    #28866696 -

These effects faded as people sobered up, but there was decreased synchronicity between the default mode network and the anterior hippocampus — a structure linked to memory and emotion — that lasted for at least three weeks.

These findings tracked with what previous neuroscience studies have shown, Siegel said.

Studies suggest that psilocybin leads to a less-rigid style of connection in the brain, and this may be the reason the compound might assist in treatment of depression. By putting the brain in a more adaptable state, Siegel said, psilocybin might allow for long-term changes in cognition. Perhaps it's the desynchronization, specifically, that acts as a reset that enables people with depression to regain healthier, more-dynamic brain connectivity.

"In other words, psilocybin could open the door to change, allowing the therapist to lead the patient through," Dr. Petros Petridis, a psychiatrist at the NYU Langone Center for Psychedelic Medicine, wrote in a commentary.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Digestion starts in your mouth! No more nausea [Re: fnulnu]
    #29143010 -

I usually keep the mushrooms in my mouth for a long time and chew on them and have never had any nausea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
1,482 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.