Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
Drugs in general
    #2899290 - 07/17/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You ever think that maybe we're all just drug-addicts who like using mind-altering drugs instead of say...crack? Maybe these drugs dont open the doors to new things and teach us stuff, its just a chemical making us hallucinate. Whatta you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Drugs in general [Re: CrazyShroomMan]
    #2899292 - 07/17/04 07:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe these drugs dont open the doors to new things and teach us stuff, its just a chemical making us hallucinate. Whatta you guys think?

I think both. What's wrong with using any type of drug to alter your consiousness,whether it's LSD,shrooms,or coke? Just because you use a drug doesn't make you an addict. Addiction is a specific and well defined set of pathological behaviors.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
Re: Drugs in general [Re: monoamine]
    #2899297 - 07/17/04 07:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well that really wasnt the point of my post :P The point was this - what if shrooms and other psycadelics are just drugs that make you go crazy for a few hours and not some big spiritual awakening tool?

Edited by CrazyShroomMan (07/17/04 07:12 AM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2899326 - 07/17/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelics, like ALL of life, are only what you make of them.

If you choose to believe they are just hallucinations, your mind will shrug them off and you won't ever have given them the deeper thought necessary to possibly discover something deeper than the surface.

If you choose to believe you are capable of taking something useful from the experience, then you will find a way to do so.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Drugs in general [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2899333 - 07/17/04 07:43 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

great post french oceanographer.  :heart:

:wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
    #2899338 - 07/17/04 07:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So your saying that shrooms do what they do and you can take them in whatever context you wish. Good point.

But youve read posts from people on these boards that talk about how some drugs allow them to communicate with the dead, aliens or whatever. May i even bring up the post entitled "Heaven is coming to earth" where the author believes that while on a certain drug trip he truly combated an evil reptillian race and subdued them thereby saving the human race. Maybe these drugs are just leading us down the path of insanity and we dont even know it...

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2899341 - 07/17/04 07:50 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My answer is still both.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#2899348 - 07/17/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I reiterate my point:

There will always be some who take things out of proportion and come to some really "out there" conclusions.

There have (as long as there's been psychedelics around) ALWAYS been some people who end up "out there" after lots of psychedelic use

But, there have always been some people who can take psychedelics and still maintain their grip on reality, too.

Or in other words, drugs have ALWAYS been leading SOME people down a path of insanity without them even knowing it.

But just because the captain is dillusional doesn't mean we all have to go down with the ship.. so to speak. :P

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2899349 - 07/17/04 08:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

if your mindset isn't right to begin with, then yes drugs will worsen it. drugs are neither bad nor good. you the person are the one who decides whether or not you'll have good experience.

Before I ever shroomed, I read up on it for like four months. took in everything i could so I could be safe and careful. I took like 1.5 grams, and I didn't overwhelm myself. if you respect the drug, it'll respect you.

if you don't look before you leap you have a good chance of falling.

I agree with your point though, we should all keep in mind what drugs are doing vs. what reality is doing.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#2899373 - 07/17/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I should also specify that I think it's a little more complicated than that..

See, I personally find my "spiritual gain" in the comedown/afterglow of a trip, and not DURING the trip. This is important. When people think of spirituality gained through tripping, there is no specification made.

There is DEFINITELY a part of my trips that I take nothing from spiritually. It is the peak. During the peak I just grin and bear it.. because it's just INSANITY. Pure craziness floods my brain. The thoughts I have are so obscure and bizarre that I have no desire to remember them most of the time. So I let them flow by and ride the "stream".

[insert ego loss, fast forward 2-3 hours]

WHEW... I find myself left with an incredibly fast memory recall ability, a remarkable ability to stay "on target" as far as what I am thinking about is concerned, and most importantly... the ability to control WHAT I am thinking. (It is as if I am "riding on top" of the stream of consciousness I was drowning in 2 hours prior. In a way, ego loss is the art of learning to surf in this metaphorical description.)

Now I can meditate incredibly deeply on anything, because I've already established a way to manipulate the stream of input so that it doesn't drown me, but instead gives me something to ride upon.

Haha.. listen to me. You probably think I'm one of the crazy ones now. Whoops.

But if you happened to make sense of any of that, the same logic can be applied to every day life in a way. (See my signature.)

(I used to drown in sensory input, now I ride the waves most of the time.. I fall off a lot, but that's part of the process..)

Does the fact that I've figured out a way to apply a tripping experience to my everyday life, in an incredibly positive and life-changing way, make me crazy?

You be the judge. I think I'm pretty down to earth, but it's all relative so who am I to say.  :grin:

Have a good one, bob.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #2899416 - 07/17/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hooray for you. I agree 100%.

I think shrooms are often prone to causing delusions as well as revelations though, you need to use your mental sieve effectively I think.

Tripping, for me, reinforced what I had decided was the best way to live, and made me realise that I needed to put it into practise. The way I see it is that the total confusion that occurs around the peak batters your belief system, so you search, as Descartes did, for a fundamental self-validating truth. When you find something you are sure is true, you can rebuild your belief system. I have only had a handful of trips like this, and each time all I came up with was "you should do what you think is right". This is unequivocably true in my opinion - "right" means "what you should do". From this I extrapolated my algorithm for living:

Amass knowledge and apply logic to decide what's right, then do what you have decided is right.

I already "knew" that this was the way to live before I ever tripped, but I didn't realise how badly I was following it.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Drugs in general [Re: deafpanda]
    #2899433 - 07/17/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ahaha.. yes, I can relate to all that as well.  :thumbup:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2899503 - 07/17/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think psychedelics can be an INNER doorway. That is, they can show you the inner workings of your mind, and what you are capable of. And of course, all things are filtered through the mind, so it's really impossible to tell what lies beyond it, if anything.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineferago2
gnubie
Re: Drugs in general [Re: monoamine]
    #2899622 - 07/17/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:

I think both. What's wrong with using any type of drug to alter your consiousness,whether it's LSD,shrooms,or coke? Just because you use a drug doesn't make you an addict. Addiction is a specific and well defined set of pathological behaviors.

That's one way of looking at addiction I suppose. When people turn to _any_ drugs as a first resort for problems, that strikes me as a more insidious addiction, like the post where the guy was having mental problems and decided a 10 gram shroom dose would cure him somehow. it's not addiction in a clinical sense, but people sometimes choose one thing to put excessive importance into, whether it be weightlifting (I've seen this), drugs, or anything else.

my two cents

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Drugs in general [Re: ferago2]
    #2899627 - 07/17/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:rolleyes:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #2901927 - 07/18/04 08:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Shrooms are things that make you go crazy. I think you are expecting too much out of the drug, and not enough out of life. If shrooms did not exist, im sure people would question existance. Shrooms may connect you with everything. They may however put you into an insane dillusion created by the mushroom to keep animals from eating them.
I dunno.
I know alot of people who treat them this way too. Dont think because you eat drugs, you are a deep thinker. Many people pop all kinds of psychedelics just for the face value. Shrug... Maybe its people who eat these kinds of drugs that are the same type to also question reality, question the government, and relize there is more to life than what we currently have. Like saying wearing Nike's makes you an athelete, just beacause atheletes wear nike...

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Drugs in general [Re: tak]
    #2901999 - 07/18/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

the thing i find different about taking shrooms, and taking coke is that i never once here anyone say "coke has bettered my life"

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs in general [Re: soylent_green]
    #2902020 - 07/18/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno...download some live Clapton stuff. Clapton RULES when he's on coke \m/

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2902216 - 07/18/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Drugs Found In General
Dateline: Mar 23, 2004, Uruguay
API

Generalissimo Fernando Escuela, 58, who was found dead in his villa home in Montevideo last week, was autopsied and the cause of death was determined to be an overdose of heroin and cocaine. His family explained that he had suffered from back pain from an automobile accident last year.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Drugs in general [Re: Swami]
    #2908084 - 07/20/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Im addicted to drugs, as in im addicted to leaving my sober state of mind at the end of everyday, but shroomz r something special

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,029 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.