Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

What are your favorite brands of liquors?
    #2701778 - 05/19/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I just a vodka taste-off to see which brands I want to get when I create my own home bar, and it's interesting to note how different brands can be.

Anyway, I tried 3 regular vodkas, and one lime vodka (because they didn't have the non-flavored Finlandia). All where on the rocks, slightly chilled, and sipped. I drank a bit of water inbetween each to clean my palatte.

Products:
1. Grey Goose
2. Reval
3. Stoli

Grey Goose is the clear winner, since it's smoother and has a bit more complex of a flavor to it, but considering that Reval is HALF the price of Grey Goose, I think it's my brand of choice. Stoli was quite good, although it was a little more harsh.

I only got to take a tiny sip of the Finlandia because I drank all three vodkas fairly quickly, and I want to be sober when I go out later. I was very impressed with it though, and I noticed a refreshing feeling in my mouth afterwards, liking eating a strong mint. Is this from the lime, or does their normal vodka have this? I'm going to have to give it a try someday.

So what are your favorite liquor brands? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to brands, since it can be hard to try them out, but it gives me an excuse to test them. I'm a bit of a whiskey drinker, but I've only tried Jack Daniels. I'm thinking about getting a bottle of Maker's Mark, anyone recommend trying it?

Vodka:
Whisk(e)y/Bourbon:
Tequlia
Rum:
Gin:
Etc...

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: Twirling]
    #2701782 - 05/19/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm
your avatar
what is that i cannot remember it reminds me of so mucch aAAH

Is it from Master of Orion?

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: vampirism]
    #2701801 - 05/19/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes! It's a Darlork, supreme spies. I was planning on changing it to the Wizard from King's Quest III. It's been awhile since I've switched it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#2702132 - 05/19/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Chivas Regal
100 proof soco
crown royal

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #2702157 - 05/19/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

vodka : Absolut
gin : Beefeater
Whiskey : Glenmorangie
Tequila : ummmm....Jose Cuervo
Rum: Bacardi

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2702161 - 05/19/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

vodka - Three Olives or Precis'  :thumbup:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2702326 - 05/19/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeager...

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2702506 - 05/19/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I dislike vodka.

On the rare occasion that I do have a drink, it is strictly good ole' fashioned Jack Daniels or Jim Beam with ice-cold Coca-cola.

Liquid-Harmony to my oral orifice..

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #2702538 - 05/19/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tomatadunothing said:
Yeager...

:thumbup:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineFlux
Symmetry Breaker
Loc: The Shroomery... retard
Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: kindkesey]
    #2702649 - 05/19/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"Yeager?" I don't know what that is but a shot of jeigermeister is nice every now and then :rolleyes:
The grammar nazi strikes again!! ha ha ha!! :tongue:enisdance:<---- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?:cuss: I want my dancing penis mutherfuckers, mine does enough, I need one on the computer to some of it for me

--------------------
What'd I tell you about looking at my signature bitch!

Offlineshaundotcom
cowboy dan

Loc: mass
Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: Flux]
    #2702664 - 05/19/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not much of a drinker...but if i had to choose...it would be green apple schmirnoff. it tastes like a green apple blow pop. (sp?)

--------------------
what are words worth?

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2702676 - 05/19/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

vodka is too much like rubbing alcohol, don't like it

bourbon is Bellivant(scotch)

Tequila is the Mezcal you can only buy down south. The real stuff.

Gin, ummm cold?

Rum, Bacardi: 151 if I'm in a hurry.
:faded:

Good thread, btw

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2702821 - 05/19/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Vodka - Absolut Citron
Bourbon - Heaven Hill or Jack Daniels. Knob Creek if your feeling rich
Tequila - Agulvera(sp?) tequila liquer, nicest alcohol ever made!! No Jose Cuervo, worst tequila ever.
Dos Gusanos Mezcal is quite yummy too.

--------------------
Light & Music

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2703229 - 05/19/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

whiskeys - jack daniels, makers mark, bookers... no scotch i hate that shit

vodka - ciroc (only vodka made from grapes) or grey goose
rum -  :thumbdown: drank too much before and hate the taste of it now
cordials -  :thumbdown:
brandy/cognac - crap  :thumbdown:
gin - nasty, drank too much of it before and hate the taste of pine
tequila - patron, el conquistador, good ol 1800, anything %100 blue agave

i had to quit drinking liquor though, that shit makes me go crazy and i always drink way too much of it. to the point where i black out and either get belligerent as hell, depressed, or i'm  floating on cloud nine and in the best mood anybodys ever seen me in. its too unpredictable!

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2703301 - 05/19/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I hate to be a liqour snob but some of these brands people are listing is outrageous. Bacardi is shit rum IMO. Try some Meyers or Plantation if you want to try a true rum. As for whiskey, there are so many different kinds that it boggels the mind. Wild Turkey 101 is some good stuff fot the price you pay. Of course any good scotch is fabulous. Jack is an old standby for sure. I'm not much of a vodka coinniseur so I can't say. Anyone that likes a gin better than Bombay Sapphire or Tanqurey simply doeasn't know their gin. And as far as tequila, anyone that says Jose Cuervo is their favorite obviously hasn't had anything better. There is a huge assortment of tequilas way better than JQ, starting with Patron. People need to better separate liquor based on economy (best bang for your buck) from quality (best made and best tasting liqour). I hate to be a liquor snob but anyone that says their favorite vodka is Absolut or their favorite rum is Bacardi or their favorite tequila is JC has to explore their liqour department a little more.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2703348 - 05/19/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think that's subjective, taste. But 'bang for your buck', I'd go with Bacardi. It may be the house rum at most bars but it's still got a good rum taste. Plantation's like 40bucks a bottle, Bacardi is about 5 bucks. Myers is as cheap as Bacardi but I don't think they make a light rum. Dark makes me too hungover. Tastes ok but I've had alot of interesting nites with the help of 151.
:shrug:

Edited by wandrnshaman (05/19/04 09:37 PM)

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2703364 - 05/19/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah you're right. It's all subjective. Meyers is a dark rum which I prefer. I'm drunk noe and I must sleep. Good night Shroomery.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: What are your favorite brands of liquors? [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #2703381 - 05/19/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tomatadunothing said:
Yeager...

I've never had Yeager. I've heard it's like black licorce, is this true? I'm the kind of person who throws away the black jelly beans.

Quote:

kosmic_charlie said:
People need to better separate liquor based on economy (best bang for your buck) from quality (best made and best tasting liqour). .

That's the quest I'm on, determining both my favorite liquor at no expense, and a good mixing liquor to spare my wallet a burden. It's not worth it to use Grey Goose all the time in a Long Island Ice tea, and it's CERTIANLY not worth it to drink Barton's on ice.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2703387 - 05/19/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The kind that has a small ammount of hard alcohol in in and a LARGE ammount of drugs.....(peyote, Opium, Cannabis)  :thumbup: :stonned:

"Unlike cannabis, ethanol shares no receptor sites to which it connects. Alcohol intoxication represents a true poisoning rather than a key to our cerebral natural paradises. Humans possess an enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase which helps metabolize ethanol by oxidizing it to acetaldehyde. Other alcohols like methanol, propanol, phenol, and ethylene are extremely poisonous and can cause blindness and death."

"When it comes to making tinctures, solvent alcohols are essential. These methods require high-proof spirits. Although in small amounts they are indispensable to the extraction process, some individuals may have difficulty with this dual relationship and possibly slippery slope.

For example, absinthe drinkers regularly consumed high alcohol-containing beverages along with their psychoactive thujone-rich wormwood extract. As well, many poets from the Romantic and Gothic periods entertained the additional drug ethanol along with their daily dosages of opiate-ladened laudanum. Thomas D'Quincey's Confessions of an English Opium Eater eloquently portrays the heaven and hell of this dual addiction.

So be careful that you use alcohol for its true purpose, as a carrier for the essence of magic plants, and not for its poisonous intoxication."

"Personal experience

A standard tincture is at a ratio of one gram of cannabis to 35ml (1 ounce) of pure grain ethanol. At this strength, a dosage of 1.4ml of extract (2 squirts) mixed with water is barely noticeable, although it is a very effective appetite stimulant.

A tincture of seven grams of cannabis flowers suspended in 50ml (1.5 ounces) of ethanol is definitely psychoactive at a dosage of 0.7oml (one squirt). Upon doubling the dosage to 1.4ml, I achieved a Buddha-trance state, ideal for serious meditation. It was a heavy physical sensation to experience, and I was able to go in and out of meditative state. I felt a warm glow to my extremities.

At this strength, a "heroic dose" is five squirts for the five points of the pentacle and five wounds of Christ. I felt a heightened sense of novelty, an oceanic quiet and inner peace. I was very contemplative.

Often a small amount of cannabis smoked after tincturing greatly potentiates the experience, but the desire for further cannabis smoking is usually lessened."

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3005.html

:stonned:

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #2703391 - 05/19/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Jaggermeister is awesome straight from the freezer. It's gotta be ice cold though. It's good when you're tripping too. I had some last time I did.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals