Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I
    #2646838 - 05/06/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/05/06/bin.laden.message/index.html

CNN) -- A new audiotape message purportedly from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and posted on an Islamic Web site Thursday offers 22 pounds of gold to anyone who kills Coalition Provisional Authority head Paul Bremer or top U.S. military officers.

A reward of gold is also offered for anyone who kills U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan or Annan's envoy to Iraq, Ladkhar Brahimi.

The message denounces U.N. efforts, led by Brahimi, to organize the transfer of power from the provisional authority to an interim Iraqi government June 30, calling the United Nations "a Zionists' tool."

The voice on the 20-minute audiotape, reviewed by CNN, appears to be that of bin Laden. But the speaker's identity has not yet been confirmed by intelligence officials.

If the message is indeed from bin Laden, it would mark a new tactic for the al Qaeda leader -- offering a financial reward for killing specific officials.

The message suggested that the bounties were being offered in response to rewards the United States has offered for wanted figures in Afghanistan and Iraq, including bin Laden.

Those rewards go up to $25 million.

In addition to Bremer, Annan and Brahimi, the message also offers a reward of 10,000 grams in gold to anyone who kills "the American chief commander or his deputy in Iraq." It did not specify a name.

At current prices, that quantity of gold would be worth about $137,000.

"You know that America promised big rewards for those who kill mujahedeen [holy warriors]," the message said. "We in the al Qaeda organization will guarantee, God willing, 10,000 grams of gold to whoever kills the occupier, Bremer, or the American chief commander or his deputy in Iraq."

The message calls the handover of power to the Iraqis an "overt trick to anesthetize the people and abort the military resistance."

In response to the tape, a U.N. spokesman said, "We're taking this seriously. In consultations with the host country [the United States], we are taking additional measures regarding the secretary-general's security."

The message said that those who die while killing coalition soldiers in Iraq, "the great prize will be for us and for him when God grants him martyrdom."

Bin Laden was last heard from in April.

In that audiotape, the speaker offers a "truce" or "nonaggression" to any European country that stops "attacking Muslims" but excludes the United States from any such deal.

The speaker gave a three-month deadline, starting April 15, for countries to stop "attacking Muslims." He mentioned Iraq but not in the specific context of the U.S.-led war.

European politicians immediately ruled out negotiating with bin Laden.

"It is completely unthinkable that we could start negotiations with bin Laden. Everyone understands that," Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini told reporters at the time.

The CIA -- after evaluating the previous tape -- said that although it was impossible to be absolutely sure the voice on the tape was bin Laden's, it most likely was.

In the April tape, the speaker also threatened revenge on the United States for the death of Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was killed March 22 in an Israeli targeted helicopter attack in Gaza City.

He also referred to the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and the March 11, 2004, Madrid train bombings as examples of actions al Qaeda had taken in response to what he called attacks on Muslims.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2646858 - 05/06/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think there's anyone in here who doesn't think Osama bin Laden is a scumbag. I'd personally love nothing more than to rip his fucking guts out. And does he realize that the amount of money he's offering for these assassinations are far less than the price on his own head?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I [Re: silversoul7]
    #2646919 - 05/06/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think there's anyone in here who doesn't think Osama bin Laden is a scumbag.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2647592 - 05/06/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What exactly is the correlation between your post and post title?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2648890 - 05/07/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

how do we know osama was involved. he has probabley been captured for years and the government is useing his name for their game. dont trust the news. 9/11 wasnt just plains, their were explosives. the government just needed a islam to blame in their holly war. islam isnt that much diffrent from the christian religion, you know who the most quoted prophit in the karan in jesus. dont beleive the media. they are just lieing to you to make you slaves , you work hard and get nothing. the money goes right back because they force you to buy their shit

what a rant sorry

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2648906 - 05/07/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
how do we know osama was involved.

Because he took credit for it himself.

--------------------

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#2648913 - 05/07/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

AhronZombi said:

o because america dubed some tapes and made some videos, show me the proof

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2648943 - 05/07/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, I don't think he did. He just praised the terrorist's actions. He never came out and said that it was an Al-Qaeda operation.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2648946 - 05/07/04 01:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well what people dont want to admit is it was an american operation

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2648961 - 05/07/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
well what people dont want to admit is it was an american operation

If by "what people don't want to admit," you mean what you have no proof of whatsoever.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2648971 - 05/07/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It was a retaliation by the moon people.

George Bush commited genocide on the moon people in a secret war that only I know about.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Nope, this won't cause more anti-Arab sentiment Pt I [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2648978 - 05/07/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I hate those Moon people  :kodama: :machinegun:

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2649185 - 05/07/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AhronZombi said:
how do we know osama was involved. and the government is useing his name for their game.

I hate going out on a limb and assuming something but letme guess, you have no proof of this, right?
Quote:

dont trust the news.

Yes, trust anything that Ahron or KOTT say. They can see through the news and gain such insite as "he has probabley been captured for years".
Quote:

9/11 wasnt just plains, their were explosives.

Plains? You don't consider a 'plane' filled with jet fuel an 'explosive'?
Quote:

the government just needed a islam to blame in their holly war.

A Islam? You mean, one of the numerous Islams that exist, right? Why are we having a war with a green prickly bush, by the way?
Quote:

islam isnt that much diffrent from the christian religion, you know who the most quoted prophit in the karan in jesus.

"Their is but one god, and Mohammed is his prophet". I think that Jesus is one of the 6 or 7 'prophets' mentioned in the Koran. He doesn't out-quote Mohammed though
Quote:

dont beleive the media.

Who needs to? We have you dictating our every thought for us, and without that stupid "proof" thing that some nonbelievers tend to complicate the issues with.
Quote:

they are just lieing to you to make you slaves , you work hard and get nothing. the money goes right back because they force you to buy their shit

I don't think that "the media" owns the companies that are purchasing advertising time on their stations.

Talk to your family practitioner about these delusions and paranoia, new medicines could help.
what a rant sorry

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2649494 - 05/07/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

AhronZombi said:

how many lookalikes did hussien have?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2649565 - 05/07/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What's the difference between Bin laden offering money for the head of Bremer and the US offering money for the head of Bin Laden?

I'dve thought the free market guys on the forum would've been praising Bin ladens initiative  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder