Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26052925 -

Akira,
Gangs of new york,
Miami Connection,
Casino,

I think casino is my favorite of the older mafia movies. I love the gang parts of Akira, they are so vibrant, captivating, violent, and sexual. The rest of the film feels slower by comparison.


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #26053098 -

Goodfellas
The Professional
The Toxic Avenger
Casino
Chinatown
Scarface
Godfather 1 & 2


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #26053103 -

Akira :thumbup:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #26053106 -

Akira :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #26053109 -

Don't be a menace while drinking your juice in the hood

Edited by dp he (06/14/19 09:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Gypsy Boy]
    #26053125 -

The Departed


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Fryburn]
    #26053158 -

Adding to some already mentioned, i'm fond ov Fresh(1994) and City of God(2002).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: lavod]
    #26053238 -

Jackie Brown is a good one if that counts. Heat. Donnie Brasco. American Gangster. Lock Stock. Above the Rim.

Not the best, just some that haven't been mentioned.

I can't tell if we're talking gangsta or gangster? Am I the only one that differentiates the two?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26053271 -

Lophosaurus said:
I can't tell if we're talking gangsta or gangster? Am I the only one that differentiates the two?



To my mind, the former is ghetto/hood shit, the latter is mafia type shit.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26053297 -

Yeah, that's how I see it too. You're partly from Australia right? Are there any Australian mafia or ghetto mob type movies that should be on our watch list? Does Australia even have organized crime? I never hear anything about it.

I like some of the ones that take place in England or other parts of Europe like "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels." I know they're American  made movies though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26053312 -

Have any you seen don't be a menace in the South Central while drinking your juice in the hood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Gypsy Boy]
    #26053347 -

I like the Beastie Boys Awesome I Fuckin Shot That documentary


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #26053566 -

WARRIOOORS...COME OUT TO PLAYEEAAY  :kingtard:



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film??t [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26053571 -

Lophosaurus said:
Jackie Brown is a good one if that counts



Excellent call. Forgot about Jackie Brown.

Also, even though it's a show/series, I gotta give a vote for Narcos. Narcos is as entertaining and as gangsta as it gets.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #26053611 -

Seeing that pic brought back some sweet childhood memories :mindblown:

Not sure what my favorite gangster movie is, not really my genre. Does Ghost in the Shell count?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film??t [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26053612 -

American Gangster.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film??t [Re: Alexthegreat] * 1
    #26053614 -

'Blow' is my favourite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film??t [Re: Shroom_guy4]
    #26053780 -

The Long Good Friday with Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren is an overlooked good English film. And more recently Legend, where Tom Hardy is amazing.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film??t [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26053801 -

Public Enemy


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's your favourite gangsta film?? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26053811 -

Lophosaurus said:
Yeah, that's how I see it too. You're partly from Australia right? Are there any Australian mafia or ghetto mob type movies that should be on our watch list? Does Australia even have organized crime? I never hear anything about it.

I like some of the ones that take place in England or other parts of Europe like "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels." I know they're American  made movies though.



No, they're not. Where on earth did you get that idea?

As for Aussie stuff, check out Chopper and Romper Stomper. Epic movies.

Organised crime in Australia is committed by Dropbears. Lookem up.


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If you so gangster Anonymous 711 1 09/06/04 02:14 PM
by iloveraving
* I wish gangsters didn't exist...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Poid 10,487 138 12/18/09 10:35 PM
by Poid
* My cat is fucking gangsta-gangsta at the top of the list StonedShroom 1,537 10 01/22/08 01:32 PM
by Cubie
* Best Gangster/Mob movies?
( 1 2 3 all )
Crass 9,598 49 06/12/08 12:39 AM
by drok
* im so gangster
( 1 2 all )
novorua 2,634 26 12/10/05 09:43 AM
by Ripple
* Film: Human Traffic cubeladd 589 5 01/05/06 06:42 AM
by _OttO_
* When hippy peronalities make fun of kinda gangster personalities, deranger 2,982 19 12/19/09 05:06 AM
by deranger
* Damn, it does feels good to be a gangsta. Dr. Bliss 605 8 06/27/10 03:32 PM
by Dr. Bliss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,383 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.