Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What's the best beat?
    #2593348 -

Which songs do you think have the best beats?

A personal favorite is Kurtis Blow - The Breaks. That beat, my friends, is unmistakingly killer :smile:.


--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2593412 -

what do you exactly mean by beat? percussive pulse of a song?

Man, I could name so many...
The Meters - Feel Like A King
Chemical Brothers - Orange Wedge
Crystal Method - Bad Stone
Propellerheads - Bigger?
Busta Rhymes - Dangerous


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: Blastrid]
    #2593456 -

imo:

UNKLE
Amon Tobin
DJ Shadow
Bill Laswell


the most amazing beat players in the world are Zakir Hussein (Tabla Beat Science) and Danny Carey of TOOL.

though i can't stand Mainscheme Music,
i was really impressed by Little John's work,
Timbaland's work/ Jay Z,
and Eminem's work w/ 50 cent.

i can't wait to see Zakir w/ Ravi Shankar on sunday... :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2593546 -

I could probably name a ton that I love, but I think Mood Swings by Rascalz has stuck with me the longest..even know it's pretty rare I listen to hip hop these days.  Such an awesome, solid drum beat. :headbang: :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2593639 -

Shpongle - ...and the day turned to night

it's a 7/7, so they use combos like:

1 2 3 1 2 3 4
1 2 3 1 2 3 4
1 2 3 1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4 1 2 3

1 2 3 4 1 2 3
1 2 3 1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4 5 1 2
1 2 1 2 3 4 5

the beat gets saturated with effects and reverbs and delays and stuff deep into the song its really cool :laugh:

Also the group Bland Bladen has some KILLER beats in the parts where its basically guitar and percussion


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2596680 -

heh man im really starting to get that stuff :laugh:

i like primuses version of the family and the fishing net

and I always feel like i "fall" into floyds breathe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: Middleman]
    #2597231 -

Jinx, who were you before you changed your name?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: zeta]
    #2597505 -

that's a PM kind of question doncha think?

:shiftyeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2609630 -

tool-eulogy, aenema
dredg-same ol' road, triangle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2609846 -

beatwise IMHO nuthn beats dnb edits like

Paradox
Sonar Circle
Breakage
Fanu
Cycom
Pieter K
Danny Breaks
Krinjah
General Malice

Then there is IDM like

Squarepusher
Autechre
Doormouse

so many many others I forget right now.


--------------------
"It tastes like burning"-Ralph Wiggum

Edited by empath (04/28/04 12:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2613767 -

1212312
1231212
1212123
1231234


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2617029 -

Billy Martin of Modeski, Martin and Wood... anything he plays (Shack Man is laden with sick ass beats). Also, Let us not forget The opening beat from Zepplin's first album (1), Good Times Bad Times.
"In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to beat a drum"
At least thats what I get out of it. :smile:


--------------------
P.S. - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eliminated.
-Mitch Hedberg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: funkafilyit]
    #2617940 -

bastard... I shoulda thought of MMW...

although you can't mention Zep and Bonham's drumming without mentioning "When The Levee Breaks" and "Fool In The Rain"

BAM!


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2618147 -

shit there's so many... for jungle: Soundmurderer & SK1 - Badman
and for hip-hop: Del tha funky homosapien - No Need for Alarm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2618978 -

daba said:
What's the best beat?



i like ...

"PUUUh PUUUh TShch! PUUUh PUUUh TShch!"

however, i really like this beat from the song I heard on the radio
"BHhuump BHhuump BHhuump BHhuump "

Oh, and a person favorite is
"da da da dut, dut dut dut da, duda dada da, da da da daAAAH!"

Oh, and my friend does a mean
"GUmp GUmp ta-tCSH bbhhUUU ta-tCSH bbhhUUU "
:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:



Actually, the GREATEST song of all time (Rhythym, beat, vocals, harmony, everything) would have to be "Ghost of the Navigator" by Iron Maiden


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: jux]
    #2619042 -

would have to be


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2619814 -

Talib Kweli--Good Mourning(actually every track on Reflectin Eternal)
Pharcyde-----Passin Me By
Del----------Thank Youse

ahh, there are so many but these come to mind right now

Edited by Psilostylin (04/30/04 02:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2620362 -

pete rock - t.r.o.y.


--------------------
the post above is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: llamaherder]
    #2627145 -

company flow - blind


--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the best beat? [Re: daba]
    #2629183 -

if you mean percussion i'd have to say crystal method are the kings of beat ALTHOUGH outkast has some pretty bad ass beats as well
if you mean beat as in coolest rythem of a song there is one song that sticks out to me "Fried My Little Brains" by The Kills I believe, it's catchy as hell, but not mainstream necessarily, it's awesome!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Propellerheads announces Reason 6! snoot 330 3 07/14/11 11:14 AM
by snoot
* Beat making software? Banez 1,140 14 05/14/07 06:07 PM
by Banez
* Propellerhead's Reason.. djfrog 572 3 03/04/02 10:28 PM
by djfrog
* Any one have Propellerhead Reason ?? SKINNYDOGGY 631 3 01/03/03 12:36 PM
by xnevermore
* Propellerhead Software offers the full version of ReBirth 2.0.1 gema 470 0 09/12/05 07:36 PM
by gema
* Freestyle Beats TrauM 1,109 6 09/22/04 07:28 PM
by Blastrid
* i got to work on this beat Corporal Kielbasa 496 2 01/03/06 11:00 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* 4/4 beats TheCow 874 9 07/16/05 11:55 PM
by Anisotropic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
2,504 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.