Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Can cubensis spores be patented?
    #25097756 - 03/28/18 05:02 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

If a cubensis is interesting enough that people would want it then is it legal to patent the spores? How does the mushroom community feel about doing that? If someone was to patent the spores do you think a spore vendor like Sporeworks  would be interested in giving a "royalty" for the spores? Has anyone tried this before? Is it legal in the United States?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #25097763 - 03/28/18 05:04 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Sounds like trying to make money off something sacred to me, which is exactly what's got us into the shitspot we're in right now.

Anonymous #3

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25097767 - 03/28/18 05:05 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

:brainscream:
This thread Is dumb.

Anonymous #4

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #25097835 - 03/28/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Please, you mean like the weed industry is now? Let me tell you it isn't an improvement, it makes the buy-in cost go waaaay up so theres no way some scrub like you and I could get in.

Quality is just another thing to go down the drain for every %/gram of potency you'd be paying premium price.

Soon it's the "Mans" wet dream of saying who can and can't, and who's rich and who's in prison, who can't get a job in a position they've specialized in because of their record.

Sounds pretty shitty to me.

Anonymous #5

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #25098290 - 03/28/18 08:59 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Edited by Anonymous (07/13/20 06:59 PM)

Anonymous #6

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #25098809 - 03/29/18 05:58 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
:brainscream:
This thread Is dumb.

Yep.

Anonymous #1

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #25100034 - 03/29/18 04:28 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Why is it dumb? Its a legit question that isn't answered using the search function.

Anonymous #2

#25100045 - 03/29/18 04:34 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
Sounds like trying to make money off something sacred to me, which is exactly what's got us into the shitspot we're in right now.

Anonymous #1

#25100059 - 03/29/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

No matter what someone is making money on spores and people are willing to pay for it
And what shitspot exactly are you talking about?

Anonymous #7

#25100139 - 03/29/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

The community would actively try to circumvent the person who patented the spores if it was possible on purpose.

There was a variety called golden halo. the proprietor "didn't allow" anyone to disseminate the spores from their grows, and also charged something like 100+ dollars for a print. "wouldn't let" anyone else trade or sell it.

Well because of his stupid ass attitude people purposefully shared those spores far and wide for free. But the variety sucks dick.

the only reason vendors make any money is because noobs with no vetting need spores and don't always want to go through the hassle of giving their address to a stranger. likewise a stranger may not want to send a noob spores as well.

Anonymous #1

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #25100246 - 03/29/18 05:49 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Fair enough #7. By the way if I did come across such a rare cube then I definitely wouldn't be greedy like that golden halo guy. I would want people to trade them and give them away. I definitely wouldn't try to get rich from it.

Anonymous #7

#25100281 - 03/29/18 05:59 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I bet a strain could be patented but not spores or a spore print or the idea of a variety.

a unique genetic strain has been patented before I do believe. Like GMO corn for instance. I wouldn't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure "strains" can be patented.

Anonymous #4

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #25101292 - 03/30/18 03:51 AM (6 years, 23 hours ago)

I'm with 7 on this, If it was about money rapppers'd be making songs bout how shrooms made them rich.
But take a high enough dose and suddenly you don't really care about cash or how your status in the world matters, because you see the truth, and that is more valuable to me than some papery excuse to be a piece of shit to others.

Anonymous #8

Re: Can cubensis spores be patented? [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25101516 - 03/30/18 06:57 AM (6 years, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #5 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:

Totally agree with this statement. These don't need to be patented. The community works on an honor system. Some vendors have unique genetics that have been isolated. Other vendors could easily "steal" the genetics and sell it as one of their own, but that doesn't happen. The ones who are in the business respect the effort, creativity, and luck that it takes to come up with something unique. I have a feeling that no one is truly getting rich from selling spores.

However, if you got lucky, and came across a truly unique characteristic, you might be able to sell the strain to a vendor who will share the love.

When psilocybefanaticus got busted they seized like 2-3 properties and $75,000 in cash. So yea I would say that's "getting rich from selling spores" since spores cost almost nothing to harvest your selling a price of tin foil for $25 or 4-5 syringes for $15 a piece. There is defiantly money to be made in the spore selling game. Especially to the noobs that sell drugs so they have money to throw down because they want to start growing mushrooms right away. Not everyone wants to make a shroomery account and get enough posts to trade.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
579 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 12 queries.