Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms
    #2228632 - 01/08/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, today during break I was talking to one of my friends whos kind of a hippy....into drugs and PHish and Grateful Dead etc... Well he mentioned the DOORS and I was trying to connect a little with him by mentioning a song I downloaded that I rather liked. Im not much of a fan but am always exploring differnt music and a few weeks ago I decided to discover the DOORS a little. I dont like "light my FIre"---the ones that made them popular----but I realy like "break on Through" and "The end" (especially the beginning enchaning guitar part.) Well anyways, that song "the end" is basically just a whole bunch of individual verses that arent really related or linked to eachother in any feasible way. There is one verse where Jim Morison says, "All the children are insane,...yes All the children are insane, Waiting for the Summer Rain!! yea....." Evidentally, according to my friend, this verse gose back to when Morrison was a student as FSU in Northern Florida and how him and his little clique of experimental friends used to wait for it to rain so then can hit the cow fields and search for shrooms. Im not sure whether or not its true but is sounds believale considering Morrisons repuation and the fact that he did attend FSU. Pretty Interesting I think.....Do you belive it?
-Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: orizon]
    #2228638 - 01/08/04 02:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Makes perfect sense to me, hell I'm sitting here waiting for the summer rain myself.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Anonymous

#2228651 - 01/08/04 02:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hrm.. v interesting

never heard that myself. First shroom reference I've heard of in all of their songs ( if something isn't escaping me right now.. ) Neat trivia, probably true

thanks for sharing.. i always liked that verse and wondered about it

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2228825 - 01/08/04 03:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have read numerous books about the Doors and Morrison, and none of them mention him eating mushrooms at all -especially not during the early '60s when he was a student at FSU. I remember one passage in a book described his first psychedelic experiences which, I believe, occurred in Venice, California with headshop LSD - years after living in Florida. I could be wrong, but it sounds like your friend is reading Morrison's lyrics too literally.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: Xochitl]
    #2228851 - 01/08/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yea..like I said if you are a Morrison Pro and know all about him then your word is probably more credible than his. The pieces just seemed to kind of fit when he mentioned it.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
    #2229702 - 01/08/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"I dont like "light my FIre"---the ones that made them popular----but I realy like "break on Through"

Dude Break on Through was the song that made them popular

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2229783 - 01/08/04 10:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Xochitl said:

Sweet picture Xochitl.. do you happen to know what street(s) that's on? I'd love to go check it out someday as I'm a pretty big Doors enthusiast (music enthusiast in general).

"There are things known and things unknown and inbetween are the doors..." --J.M.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: geokills]
    #2229900 - 01/08/04 10:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

sup man :thumbup:

it's kinda an alley way just off the walk in venice beach - not sure of any street names. but if you just head out to venice beach and start walking on the strip and head past muscle beach (of the opposite direction of santa monica), you'll see it to the left. you kinda have to walk down this alley and near these dumpters. the painting is on the side of an apartment building.

I love venice beach - so nice to just smoke some nuggets & buy some $1 slice pizza and just chill with all the heads - then go dive into the ocean then nap on the sand :heart: night is pretty sketchy, but the day is like the doors song summer's almost gone - just golden and laid back.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#2230108 - 01/09/04 12:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Cool.  I'll have to look for that next time I'm in the area.  It's too bad that the night scene in Venice has gotten so shady :crazy:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2230132 - 01/09/04 12:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

orizon said:
Yea..like I said if you are a Morrison Pro and know all about him then your word is probably more credible than his. The pieces just seemed to kind of fit when he mentioned it.

Im pretty shure Jim did a bunch of field shrooms..I never really liked Jim because he was such a horrible drunk...i think LA woman came out when I was a freshman in high `71
There were to many other really exceptional musicians during that time to really take his stupid drunken bullshit seriously...
I really wish he didnt die so the people who really never saw him would know how much of a no talent fuckup he really was..He really wasnt much of anything as far as a real musician or a talent until he died...Sorry if I piss anybody off saying this but thats the way it was and it sucks that people put him on a petistule this way...

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: funkymonk]
    #2230171 - 01/09/04 01:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

According to my music History class, "light my fire" is the song that introduced them to the mainstream. Break on through and other songs like "the end" and what not may have been the first songs that made them a fortified respected band in the California club scene when they were a hot gig at the velvet lounge. After being seen singing "light my fire" on the Ed sullivan show, people flooded into there concert's and expected to hear the Jim they heard on TV....but got something much different. Supposingly his motive when puting on shows was to make people feel uncomfortable. Im only 20 and unfortunately never lived through the 60's to experience his impact first hand but I somewhat agree with the above comment from what I know of JIM. Perhaps he was a little bit of a drug crazed poet but any catchy melodies in his songs were the responsibilty of the rest of the band who I must say do not get nearly as much credit as Jim. He's kind of the front man who has the looks that draw the crowd. Again this is only from what I know and nothing is fact. I wouldnt be able to give an honest opinion without seeing his shows.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#2230238 - 01/09/04 02:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What you said pretty much sums up how they displayed the band in the Oliver Stone movie, The Doors.  Pretty good flick with lots of great music :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: geokills]
    #2230323 - 01/09/04 03:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It`s sad to say but Jim was pretty much a PAB..I grew up when he was at his best and he was fucking horrible when you think about what Creedance and the Eagles were doing at that time....he really wasnt good at all. Im sorry if that makes anyone mad but thats the way it really was... :frown:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Anonymous

Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: OldSpice]
    #2230541 - 01/09/04 07:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In Jim's defense, I would like to point out that after he died the remaining members recorded two albums as the Doors and they both sucked.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: ]
    #2230695 - 01/09/04 09:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I find Morrison's early poetry and lyrics to be quite inspired. But once he became famous and caught in the grips of alcoholism, his work suffered; it became both incoherent and pretentious. The first three Doors albums are the best - self-titled, strange days, waiting for the sun.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2230746 - 01/09/04 10:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

jon-

ray manzarek's golden scarab and.. another which escapes me ..were good I tell you. I thought they'd suck, but they definately have alot to them

and aloun-

you were a freshman in high school in the late 60s, where would you have gotten information about him from? Likely from the media which hated him completely.. Oh well, I wasn't around to see him live at all, but I don't think that seeing him alive would be significant anyway. I hate the eagles and creedance, but love the doors' music. I guess we must have completely different taste in music

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

#2230757 - 01/09/04 10:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I got my info on Morrison from my friends and I was comparing him with the american talent of that time...Comparing his music with any of the British musicians wouldnt be fair at all...duh!

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: Jim morrrisom DOORS "the end" verse linked to shrooms [Re: OldSpice]
    #2230905 - 01/09/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have read alot about morrison and first off the movie is totally wrong it sucked. The song light my fire was the first song that was writen for the band that jim didnt write. The pianist wrote it. When he presented it to the band they liked it Jim refused to sing it at all they allmost broke up before they even made an album. And I bet no one knows What 5 to 1, 1 in 5 means? Read no one hear gets out alive its a great book. It will answer most of your questions about Jim.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder