Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: Usa
what type of equipment to record a show...
    #2173878 - 12/12/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

does anyone here tape shows? the reason i ask is because i have a minidisc recorder, and I'd like to get some info as to what kind of equipment to use with it to give me some decent playback. thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: what type of equipment to record a show... [Re: HarvestTheBrain]
    #2174141 - 12/13/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you sneaking equipment in to bootleg a show or are you actually allowed to be recording it? Coz my suggestions will be drastically different depending on the situation.

If you're bootlegging it you may have trouble sneaking much more than that minidisc recorder into the venue, of course that depends on the size of the show, its a lot easier with indie bands.

What band is it?

What hookups does your md have? 1/8th inch jacks? RCA? Does your MD have a built in microphone, or perhaps come with a little separate one you can patch into it?

Do you want to use a proper professional microphone to do the recording?

If you're actually allowed to be recording it, ie: have connections to the audio team then you can probably plug your recorder directly into the outputs of the mixer and get a quality sound minus the garbly acoustics of the venue. For this you'd probably need a 1/4 inch out of the mixer with a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter, or 1/4 to RCA depending on what your MD takes, at the other end of the cable going into your MD. If you have the hookup with the audio team they'd know what to do and what you need.

My best guess is that you're booting, and the best I can say is don't expect it to sound fantastic, some amount of clarity is the best you could shoot for and thats best achieved with being in a good position in the room, with the recorder clearly facing the speakers and not blocked by clothing or bodies etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies