Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: rackem]
    #21660063 -

rackem said:
the world has never been more fucked up man.. we are the most selfish,waste full, war hungry, power driven we have ever been.  we are fucked.

mass genocide would never work though... technology has come so far that even with a reset button there will be lazy people consuming more shit.  the point of no return has already been hit



There's a true reset button though, a mass genocide of everyone, the entirety of the human race extinction, is the only real solution. And maybe just maybe, the next sentient earth inhabitants will do better than us.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660066 -

Psychonautica said:
You gotta be trolling. Pre tribal human life was the most perfect human existence. All it was, was hunting, gathering, and fucking.

Explain to me how it's more peaceful now, when there's a war on terror, and a war on drugs on American soil alone, not mentioning all the wars all over the world.



Fuck that shit. Fuck Nature, we are the nature who controls itself. I would never want to live then.
It sounds like a short garbage scary simple existence.

There has never been less fighting in the word, like literally. Look it up.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21660067 -

Apollyphelion said:
Absolutely not, everyone is better off than before, especially in the western world. Afrika will eventually stabilize once a joint effort helps eradicate most diseases over there to install better economies.

We are far from the most selfish, with more ways to spread welfare and philanthropy than ever before. I do not want to live in a world without the ultra wealthy, for they can and have done amazing things.

When I hear posts like yours I think that kind of pessimism is the result of being spoiled by peace, technology and everything good in the world.

I would never time travel pre-pencillin and that wasnt too long ago.



Just because we live longer, and healthier now, doesn't mean we live better.

The most peaceful time ever, and we're killing entire cities with remote control drone strikes? Just no, man... No...

There's never been less fighting? Dude. Pre tribal humans didn't even have war... The didn't have a society to have wars... How is it ever more peaceful than that.

A simpler time, isn't a bad thing.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Edited by Psychonautica (05/10/15 04:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660069 -

For me, a healthier, longer life, with the complexities of culture, technology and philosophy is better.

You can't reference "drone strikes" and use that as an example to prove me wrong. Drone strikes have absolutely nothing on Every single war-pre 1970. Ever since the west shifted towards more democratic and international forms of management, war become very unpopular. Do not lessen the meaning of the word war and conquest by comparing WW2 to a drone strike.

Pre-tribal humans offer nothing I remotely want out of a society.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660072 -

I wouldn't want to live back then either, because it's scary as fuck, but arguing that, back then, wasn't the most peaceful human existence is silly.
Now is the most peaceful time in recorded history yes, but I'm talking prehistoric times, before  history.
No society is more peaceful than the best society. No war is more peaceful than some wars. Sure, maybe more humans were dying, because of diseases, and we weren't the top of the food chain back then, but as far as human existence, it's more peaceful, I would say. Unless peaceful to you means all death, but to me at least, peace refers to human on human violence, which there was very little back then. Sure one human might kill another, but they weren't dropping nuclear bombs on each other.

Even if they offer nothing you want in society, that's not the point. I'm not saying it's better, or safer, just more peaceful.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Edited by Psychonautica (05/10/15 04:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660077 -

I wouldn't want to trade the society we have today, for them, and I think that's how you're misunderstanding me, the thing about ww2 doesn't even have anything to do with what my point was.. Yes, ww2 is the most violent time period in modern history, but I would thing the time of the Mongols, actually killed more people, but it depends if you include all the people who died from radiation throughout the years.

My only point is before there were nations, religions, ideologies, or even tribes, there was nothing to fight about, the only thing that mattered was mating and self preservation. Even if that is a horrible scary time, I'd argue that would mean more peaceful.

But I see what you're saying, modern society is the best society we have ever have, but I think no society would be better, in the aspect of war and peace. I think almost everyone would agree with you, myself included, that modern amenities aren't worth the trade, for the pre societal peace we once had. If we could live, like the prehistoric humans, and have modern amenities, that would be the perfect, utopian society. But that can't ever happen.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660092 -

I don't believe in utopia.
I agree that tribes spread out was probably more peaceful time than when we have now, but then again the native americans were nasty to each other, so I don't really know.

I think the world is far from shit and far from going to shit. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but it sucks that when it comes to philosophy pessimism always seems to be sexier than optimism.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21660101 -

Apollyphelion said:
I don't believe in utopia.
I agree that tribes spread out was probably more peaceful time than when we have now, but then again the native americans were nasty to each other, so I don't really know.

I think the world is far from shit and far from going to shit. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but it sucks that when it comes to philosophy pessimism always seems to be sexier than optimism.



Native Americans had societies. Society =war.

I'm saying pre tribes. When humans were still animals. Was the most peaceful. The question is only if you'd still consider us human, or if you don't consider us human until we had society. I don't think society can exist, without war. I'm not sure if I believe in a utopia either, but I can imagine what one might be.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660105 -

It's really hard to be optimistic, when humans as a species destroy everything we touch. As good as we are at building amazing things, we're twice as good at destroying things.
I'm really glad that people like you can still be optimistic though  I've seen too much shit in my life to hold on to that belief though :frown:


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660106 -

Hey cool argument, brosef.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21660133 -

Psychonautica said:
It's really hard to be optimistic, when humans as a species destroy everything we touch. As good as we are at building amazing things, we're twice as good at destroying things.
I'm really glad that people like you can still be optimistic though  I've seen too much shit in my life to hold on to that belief though :frown:




I've seen too much wonderful shit in my life to hold your belief.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova]
    #21660191 -

Ganga Lova said:
I tried posting this on another forum, but it got closed because apparently it wasn't an appropriate topic for discussion. However, I need to know I'm not crazy and at least someone can see where I'm coming from, and I feel this is a more open minded community that will be a little more understanding and capable of having a civil, intelligent discussion. So here it goes.

Am l a bad person for truly believing mass genocide of 99% or more of the world's population wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing?

Honestly, 7 billion is just too many goddamn people. That many people are just never going to get along, and there just aren't enough resources for them all to live comfortably. In my ideal scenario, the population of the world would be reduced to maybe 100 million people. But even that sounds like a lot. Maybe 10 million. But these people would be carefully chosen to be the most open minded, selfless, intelligent individuals on the planet. I feel like if we could start over with that population size with our current technology, hopefully humanity would prosper.

I was just thinking this because in my contemp issues class I for some reason or another said I would advocate for genocide and some bleeding heart liberal feminazi got all "excuse me, what the fuck did you just say" on me and I didn't really realize I was being offensive.

Does it make it better that I would be more than willing to be one of the condemned for truly having hope in a better society? Or does that just make me crazy?



Yeah look how the world wars have brought us so much prosperity

:rolleyes:

I'm still hoping on a common alien enemy o.o

Edited by Beanhead (05/10/15 06:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Beanhead]
    #21660212 -

After the plague, the population that survived had more land, food, jobs and resources, the world was actually better for them and the renisaunce was the result.

over-population is a critical issue facing our species survival, but instead of killing off the population how about this "every woman should only have one child" and they should do it by choice as a means to help save the planet, this was Terence mckennas view on it any way...


It doesn't make you a bad person to realize that there are too many people on this planet and that  its having a negative effect.....but your solution is a bit concerning, I'm sure there are better ways.
-

-E. Borodin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21660274 -

After the plague humanity was near extinction :strokebeard:

Edited by Beanhead (05/10/15 07:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Beanhead]
    #21660312 -

Beanhead said:
After the plague humanity was near extinction :strokebeard:



You do know that the plague was isolated to the old world right?

It reduced the population by 75 to 200 million, which is no where near extinction.

the world was over populated, plagues are earths way of keeping our growth in check.

after the plague all the "serfs" who are basically worker slaves to the wealthy became land-owners for the first time. All the wealth and resources being hoarded by the wealthy were redistributed.....and humanity did not go extinct, the Renaissance occored, hamanity thrived and prospered as the result of the population reduction. There was food to go around and there were no poor starving in the streets, there was money and land given to those who never would have ever been able obtain it otherwise.

-E. Borodin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Ganga Lova]
    #21660395 -

It isn't wrong to think about things. If you are unwilling to entertain thoughts, you can't really evaluate them, and even the really horrific thoughts are worth exploring.

I believe it only becomes evil when you decide to actually do it. By the way, congrats, your Illuminati membership package is in the mail. Not the mail everyone else knows about. The secret mail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21660498 -

Apollyphelion said:
...Fuck Nature, we are the nature who controls itself.



We control ourselves about as well as Governments control the illegal drug trade. Very poorly.

You may not want to, "time travel" back to the "pre-pencillin" age, 'polly', but, you are likely to live to see a 'post penicillin age' where most if not all of our antibiotics are useless, and, where getting a cut or visiting a Hospital become life threatening events again.

OP. There are too many ethical, moral and religious hurdles to cross for us to take the knives of logic and reason to the problem of over population. I doubt we have the will power to reduce our numbers in any rational manner, so, short of war, via Nuclear Holocaust, we will indeed just have to wait for nature and the 'germ warfare' I alluded to, to take its course.

Wars, apart from the "Nuclear" option we have now, are no longer an effective means of population control. Wars may have slowed down our growth rate, but, by giving us some breathing space for medicinal and surgical advances, necessity being the mother of invention, IE, treating the casualties of war, those advances now, without a rational approach to population control of which Euthanasia and eugenics may play a roll, are, in the long run, creating more ongoing problematic growth for us to deal with. We are, in a way, victims of our own success. 

Just imagine what the population would be now if we hadn't fought those two world wars...


--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: deucedbi9] * 1
    #21660811 -

the population issue is a non-issue.  I'm not the first person in this thread to point out that fertility rates are below replacement in many western countries.  For instance, the fertility rate in the U.S. is 1.88 children per woman.  it requires 2 people to make a child, therefore there is a fertility deficit in the U.S. of .22 children per mating pair.  This is not an isolated trend.  Brazil is at 1.81 children per woman. in 2000, Brazil was at 2.36. 2.81 in 1990. Mexico is at 2.22, barely above replacement.  In 2000 mexico was at 2.66.  you guys get the idea i'm sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #21660825 -

If OP's idea of open minded is mass genocide of the likes we have never seen before consider me close minded.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is it wrong to think this? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21660828 -

killing is scary. but mass-sterilization i'm totally down for


--------------------
ONE-EYED WANT
-------------------------
knock a hoe out this dimension, continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, shLong, ModestMouse, vinsue, big worm (sketch), tim

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is it wrong when....
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KristiMidocean 3,064 65 12/01/05 09:37 AM
by Cowgold
* what's wrong with people nowadays?
( 1 2 all )
dnL 3,219 25 04/11/05 05:25 PM
by Skunk420
* !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! C20H25N3O 1,180 8 03/14/05 07:55 PM
by C20H25N3O
* What the fuck is wrong with the world?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Redstorm 3,822 64 11/07/06 09:59 PM
by BuddahKillah
* Is it wrong...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Silversoul 4,347 64 05/10/05 10:21 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* there is nothing wrong with christianity...
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,582 26 08/25/05 10:03 PM
by Skunk420
* Damnit! I live in the wrong state...
( 1 2 all )
beejay 1,728 20 02/23/05 06:04 PM
by beejay
* ok pubbers, i know i am in the wrong forum...
( 1 2 all )
hollandstulips 2,228 20 06/03/05 06:09 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,519 topic views. 2 members, 37 guests and 88 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.