Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270585 -

Neither. Beer is too weak and tastes terrible and liquor is too unpalatable to get down without making it into a cocktail or infusing it.

I go for wine, especially fortified. Or a nice 20% liqueur like Malibu or Baileys, straight. I can chug a whole 5 dollar bottle of wine before walking into an event and be drunk for hours without having my wallet raped. And if I'm at home I can make diet kalimotxos (diet cola and red wine) to keep me buzzed for hours. Am I fucking classy or what?

It may be worth noting that I never tried alcohol until my late 20s so I never developed a taste for it even now that I drink quite a bit.

Edited by richardj (02/13/15 08:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21270590 -

Bassfreak said:
i really cant stand vodka

vodka tastes like exactly how you would think straight alcohol tastes

brown liquor is way better



Trust me, it does not taste anything at all like Everclear.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: richardj]
    #21270592 -

richardj said:
Neither. Beer is too weak and tastes terrible and liquor is too unpalatable to get down without making it into a cocktail or infusing it.

I go for wine, especially fortified. Or a nice 20% liqueur like Malibu or Baileys or, straight. I can chug a whole 5 dollar bottle of wine before walking into an event and be drunk for hours without having my wallet raped. And if I'm at home I can make diet kalimotxos (diet cola and red wine) to keep me buzzed for hours. Am I fucking classy or what?



:sissies:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270596 -

zappaisgod said:
Bassfreak said:
i really cant stand vodka

vodka tastes like exactly how you would think straight alcohol tastes

brown liquor is way better



Trust me, it does not taste anything at all like Everclear.




yeah ive never drank everclear


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: Adolin]
    #21270624 -

Gresh said:
IMO, ethanol, is ethanol, is ethanol. i know plenty of people who claim to experience different highs from different types of alchol but i personally dont notice a different except the onset of effects




I think it's all the weird carbohydrate byproducts in beer that fuck with me...I wouldn't say the alcohol itself is any different but there's obviously something else going on there, it wrecks me.

I sip my Jameson pretty slowly on ice, I Dont do shots usually. I like tequila in drinks, or gin or rum, but they seem to get me more trashed than whiskey, for some reason I can handle whiskey well. I also like makers mark and knob creek, to name a couple. Jack is way too sweet for me. Can do scotch but has to be a little melted ice in there...


My favorite liquor to do shots of has to be good tequila - petron quality but not necessarily petron. It gets me hammered but still better than beer.

It sucks because I love the taste of a good IPA, but I think they are the hardest on me. If I'm drinking IPA, I like to do a couple 4 ounce tasters and then stop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270642 -

zappaisgod said:
richardj said:
Neither. Beer is too weak and tastes terrible and liquor is too unpalatable to get down without making it into a cocktail or infusing it.

I go for wine, especially fortified. Or a nice 20% liqueur like Malibu or Baileys or, straight. I can chug a whole 5 dollar bottle of wine before walking into an event and be drunk for hours without having my wallet raped. And if I'm at home I can make diet kalimotxos (diet cola and red wine) to keep me buzzed for hours. Am I fucking classy or what?



:sissies:



:lolfat:

I like good wine though seriously. I Dont know about 'fortified' wine, or mixing with coke :puke: or chugging a whole bottle, but good Spanish wine, or something red, dry, and not too sweet, I can dig

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270650 -

I would say closer to any other type of spirit. Some like Grey Goose taste pretty similar to watered down Everclear to me, very flavorless. Less peppery and  more astringent/drying.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21270651 -

Bassfreak said:
zappaisgod said:
Bassfreak said:
i really cant stand vodka

vodka tastes like exactly how you would think straight alcohol tastes

brown liquor is way better



Trust me, it does not taste anything at all like Everclear.




yeah ive never drank everclear


 

You can't.  Not straight.  Think of being burned at the stake and then imagine all of the pain being applied to your lips.  Not bad with a hefty dose of grapefruit juice but that is a recipe for disaster.  Last night at Mardi Gras I was drinking that.  They poured me into the car the next day and I moaned on the floor in the backseat all the way to Lexington.  Worst hangover ever.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270657 -

zappaisgod said:
Bassfreak said:
zappaisgod said:
Bassfreak said:
i really cant stand vodka

vodka tastes like exactly how you would think straight alcohol tastes

brown liquor is way better



Trust me, it does not taste anything at all like Everclear.




yeah ive never drank everclear


 

You can't.  Not straight.  Think of being burned at the stake and then imagine all of the pain being applied to your lips.  Not bad with a hefty dose of grapefruit juice but that is a recipe for disaster.  Last night at Mardi Gras I was drinking that.  They poured me into the car the next day and I moaned on the floor in the backseat all the way to Lexington.  Worst hangover ever.




i watched my homie do a shot of everclear a couple months ago and it looked pretty horrible lol


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: drr]
    #21270659 -

drr said:
zappaisgod said:
richardj said:
Neither. Beer is too weak and tastes terrible and liquor is too unpalatable to get down without making it into a cocktail or infusing it.

I go for wine, especially fortified. Or a nice 20% liqueur like Malibu or Baileys or, straight. I can chug a whole 5 dollar bottle of wine before walking into an event and be drunk for hours without having my wallet raped. And if I'm at home I can make diet kalimotxos (diet cola and red wine) to keep me buzzed for hours. Am I fucking classy or what?



:sissies:



:lolfat:

I like good wine though seriously. I Dont know about 'fortified' wine, or mixing with coke :puke: or chugging a whole bottle, but good Spanish wine, or something red, dry, and not too sweet, I can dig



I'm just busting his balls.  I like wine too.  Brandy and port are both fortified wines.  I love a nice aged tawny.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270670 -

Only thing I use everclear for is tincture... Usually cannabis but have done a mushroom tincture also

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21270673 -

Bassfreak said:
i watched my homie do a shot of everclear a couple months ago and it looked pretty horrible lol



Wow.  The best I could do was touch it to my lips.  And I can fucking drink.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270675 -

You can, but you'll get ulcers quick.



It causes the most intense dry mouth for a few moments :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: drr]
    #21270679 -

drr said:
Only thing I use everclear for is tincture... Usually cannabis but have done a mushroom tincture also



How does this work?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: drr]
    #21270681 -

Didn't realize brandy was fortified wine :themoreyouknow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270685 -

zappaisgod said:
Bassfreak said:
i watched my homie do a shot of everclear a couple months ago and it looked pretty horrible lol



Wow.  The best I could do was touch it to my lips.  And I can fucking drink.




yeah for like a couple seconds he looked fine then he was like all in a panic and like said it burned like crazy and he was like coughing and tons of spit was coming out lol

he was just being dumb, but it was pretty funny to watch :lol:


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21270692 -

zappaisgod said:
drr said:
Only thing I use everclear for is tincture... Usually cannabis but have done a mushroom tincture also



How does this work?



Works like a charm. I'm not gonna type up a tek on my phone but I'm sure you can find one

You evaporate most of the ethanol by the time you consume it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: DustBunny]
    #21270696 -

DustBunny said:
You can, but you'll get ulcers quick.



It causes the most intense dry mouth for a few moments :lol:



He should be dead


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: drr]
    #21270714 -

drr said:
zappaisgod said:
drr said:
Only thing I use everclear for is tincture... Usually cannabis but have done a mushroom tincture also



How does this work?



Works like a charm. I'm not gonna type up a tek on my phone but I'm sure you can find one

You evaporate most of the ethanol by the time you consume it...



Oh I figured that.  I was just curious.  We made our own vanilla extract but that was with vodka and really, really good beans.  Tahitian.  Got a lifetime supply for five families.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liquor vs beer [Re: DustBunny]
    #21270720 -

DustBunny said:
You can, but you'll get ulcers quick.



It causes the most intense dry mouth for a few moments :lol:



im calling bullshit. he could have packaged that bottle up with water inside it.

i can totally get that some people can pound hard alcohol and be men about it, but is it really possible to survive 750lms of 95% ethanol in one go? its not like he sat down and drank that bottle over a few hours.

or maybe he intentionally vomited the poison back up after the video? idk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* beer/liq
( 1 2 all )
Liquidkick 1,429 24 12/30/05 05:29 PM
by Le_Canard
* why I don't like alcohol
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 7,558 49 04/23/05 12:48 PM
by TODAY
* Beer or Liquor?
( 1 2 all )
Longshanx 3,662 24 05/10/05 01:25 AM
by Vulture
* Alcohol vs. Cannabis
( 1 2 all )
TYL3R 3,299 34 08/27/05 06:52 PM
by Captain Loafy McPoopdick
* Alcohol question THE KRAT BARON 952 18 09/28/05 11:23 PM
by Jadian
* Do drug tests test for alcohol? Worf 826 5 09/08/05 11:36 AM
by Worf
* will acetone and alcohol extract work? warner1991 1,136 15 03/03/18 05:13 PM
by chobumms
* What are your favorite brands of liquors?
( 1 2 all )
Twirling 4,715 35 05/20/04 06:19 PM
by gdman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,818 topic views. 3 members, 28 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.