Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: The deep web [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #20591364 -

Tor can be tapped in many ways.

Exit node monitoring, SSH monitoring and DNS resolution.  Probably more secret exploits too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: nice1returns]
    #20591565 -

can someone please explain i2p and the use of bittorrent to me?  or link to a useful tek?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: fbi365]
    #20593268 -

fbi365 said:
can someone please explain i2p and the use of bittorrent to me?  or link to a useful tek?



:offtopic:

Bittorrent is extremely easy to use. Just download the client. Then (lets say you were using it to DL music) you google "Band X Song Y Torrent" Click on a link, then click on a magnet link (It'll look like a magnet :lol: )

Then wait.


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: nice1returns]
    #20593297 -

nice1returns said:
Tor can be tapped in many ways.

Exit node monitoring, SSH monitoring and DNS resolution.  Probably more secret exploits too.



That's not "tapping TOR". SSH monitoring on what? SSH is a protocol and provided you use proper encryption, it's unbreakable.
DNS requests have to leave an exit node and as such they are open to evesdropping unless you have encryption (SSH for example).


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Bulbasaur]
    #20593721 -

I went on it to peep silkroad when it was popular and out of curiosity. The majority of it seemed fake like the hitmen for hire and shit. Then they had some human experiment things that just stated weird shit like GENDER: Male EXPERIMENT: electrocution. Then they have a bunch of sketchy jailbait threads that I wouldn't dare click. I'm sure this is where millions of pedos share images. It's pretty sickening. Then of course they have drugs and gun shops. I deleted TOR because I felt no need to be in the deep web. It's mainly something to look through, delete, and never look back. It's just a bunch of highly illegal things which could really get you into shit if you clicked the wrong threads.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20593726 -

Do you guys feel that accessing the deep web in a way enables the other fucked up shit that goes on with it?

My understanding of onion routing might be flawed, so maybe I have the wrong idea. But it seems like the network is made up from all the different people that access it and it wouldn't be able to exist without enough people, at least to any degree of poignant anonymity.

I guess there will always be people accessing it now, and will exist whether I log on or not, but I don't like to feel that I'm contributing to child exploitation and such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20593730 -

I meant the client machine could still be spied on in other ways, by anything TBH but someone accessing remotely via SSH is a common hack and example.  People use metasploit nowadays more though I spose?

I'd use tor or a chain proxy or both to hide my IP.  Its good stuff :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: altitudes] * 1
    #20594013 -

nice1returns said:
I meant the client machine could still be spied on in other ways, by anything TBH but someone accessing remotely via SSH is a common hack and example.  People use metasploit nowadays more though I spose?

I'd use tor or a chain proxy or both to hide my IP.  Its good stuff :thumbup:



No the client machine cannot be spied on if you are using TOR provided of course you use the TOR browser, keep JS disabled, and do not open attachments (or open them in a sandboxed machine).
Fortunately it seems TOR is still unbreakable. Which makes sense.

A chain proxy is kind of useless as you are only as strong as your chain of proxies.
You have to place trust in them to protect you. And while they may not be keeping logs currently, they could be subpenaed to and you would have no idea.
TOR is a lot stronger and is based upon unbreakable at this time encryption. TOR is also decentralized - this is KEY to creating safety. Centralization provides a weak point where LEO can target and start to track you.

Your safest bet if you have something to be worried about (eg: if you were selling drugs on TOR) is to create a sandbox computer that uses a security sandboxed OS (Whonix / Tails) that routes all traffic through TOR.
That way you are safe from even opening attachments, as all connections get routed through TOR.
AND ENCRYPT ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Your key should be 2048 bit or greater. This is so easy to do there is NO excuse for not doing it.

altitudes said:
Do you guys feel that accessing the deep web in a way enables the other fucked up shit that goes on with it?

My understanding of onion routing might be flawed, so maybe I have the wrong idea. But it seems like the network is made up from all the different people that access it and it wouldn't be able to exist without enough people, at least to any degree of poignant anonymity.

I guess there will always be people accessing it now, and will exist whether I log on or not, but I don't like to feel that I'm contributing to child exploitation and such.



It wouldn't be able to exist if there was not enough people, you are right.
And you are right it enables some sickos to trade CP. But it also does a lot of good.
As Shroomism pointed out, it's not only dark marketplaces. TOR provides those in countries with no freedom of internet to be able to speak their minds without fear of being tortured and killed. It provides a huge service.
The good outweighs the bad imo, and that is the price of freedom.

The CP people are going to be caught eventually, through old fashioned police work - and that is how it should be.
Never give up freedoms for safety. It doesn't work that way.
The think of the children argument is a mental cop-out.


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20594130 -

iv dabbled in the deep web before using tails TOR but the only things i ever found was a very few unhelpful places to start and all resources are 75 percent legit porn 10 percent drugs and 15 percent boring dull documents and random shit that i see no need to even have in the "deep web" was excited to poke my nose in the deep end but quickly found its near impossible to find anything other then whats on wiki.onion not like there a google for .onion. i dont see how anyone sees anything unless you know someone who already knows where to go.


--------------------
we are the universe contemplating its self.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20594351 -

Quote:
As Shroomism pointed out, it's not only dark marketplaces. TOR provides those in countries with no freedom of internet to be able to speak their minds without fear of being tortured and killed. It provides a huge service.
The good outweighs the bad imo, and that is the price of freedom.

The CP people are going to be caught eventually, through old fashioned police work - and that is how it should be.
Never give up freedoms for safety. It doesn't work that way.
The think of the children argument is a mental cop-out.



I don't really think it's a mental cop out at all. People have been discussing ends and means for a long time and this at least somewhat falls under the dilemma. It's something I've been thinking a lot about lately actually, along with a gradual change in my perspective relative to the suffering of others.

A few years ago I would have easily told you that in this case the ends certainly justify the means, but these days I'm not so cock sure about everything in general really.

Personally, my life has been an overdose of having to watch myself and other people suffer, to the point where it's so much harder for me to say because "X" benefits these people it's ok to let another people suffer.

To me, that's the cop out, and it's all good until you're the one that's marginalized.

I don't know, I'm just completely fed up with the supposed "ying yang" of it all I guess, haha. Life causing suffering to other life as a stipulation of existence has just gotten old all togoddamngether.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Bulbasaur]
    #20595244 -

Bulbasaur said:
XUL said:
shadyy said:
akira_akuma said:
weird experiment with humans? what kind? what the fuck?  :taser:



right?

I've heard of the others, but human experimentation? :lolwut:




Yes. The poster needs to tell us what he found.




I think most of it is just either conspiracy or made up. But what if riiight?
I've read about the how people would open people up alive to see how organs worked and how the government did experiments on humans. But everyone knows about that stuff.
There were some people who would experiment using bleach for abortions.

I honestly only read about what others have found. But from whats on the dark web, I wouldn't be surprised if illegal human experiments happened and were documented on the web.

I don't wanna stumble upon something I really did not want to see.. Likke gross porn or gore.



I don't wanna risk jail (or see cp) or I would have viewed pretty much all of the deep web.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #20595518 -

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
fbi365 said:
can someone please explain i2p and the use of bittorrent to me?  or link to a useful tek?



:offtopic:

Bittorrent is extremely easy to use. Just download the client. Then (lets say you were using it to DL music) you google "Band X Song Y Torrent" Click on a link, then click on a magnet link (It'll look like a magnet :lol: )

Then wait.



I know how to use bittorrent :kingcrankey: lol  What I meant to ask is how to use it with i2p?  To anonymize your torrent activity?  bittorrent doesn't really work with tor.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20595525 -

tymoteusz3 said:
nice1returns said:
I meant the client machine could still be spied on in other ways, by anything TBH but someone accessing remotely via SSH is a common hack and example.  People use metasploit nowadays more though I spose?

I'd use tor or a chain proxy or both to hide my IP.  Its good stuff :thumbup:



No the client machine cannot be spied on if you are using TOR provided of course you use the TOR browser, keep JS disabled, and do not open attachments (or open them in a sandboxed machine).
Fortunately it seems TOR is still unbreakable. Which makes sense.

A chain proxy is kind of useless as you are only as strong as your chain of proxies.
You have to place trust in them to protect you. And while they may not be keeping logs currently, they could be subpenaed to and you would have no idea.
TOR is a lot stronger and is based upon unbreakable at this time encryption. TOR is also decentralized - this is KEY to creating safety. Centralization provides a weak point where LEO can target and start to track you.

Your safest bet if you have something to be worried about (eg: if you were selling drugs on TOR) is to create a sandbox computer that uses a security sandboxed OS (Whonix / Tails) that routes all traffic through TOR.
That way you are safe from even opening attachments, as all connections get routed through TOR.
AND ENCRYPT ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Your key should be 2048 bit or greater. This is so easy to do there is NO excuse for not doing it.

altitudes said:
Do you guys feel that accessing the deep web in a way enables the other fucked up shit that goes on with it?

My understanding of onion routing might be flawed, so maybe I have the wrong idea. But it seems like the network is made up from all the different people that access it and it wouldn't be able to exist without enough people, at least to any degree of poignant anonymity.

I guess there will always be people accessing it now, and will exist whether I log on or not, but I don't like to feel that I'm contributing to child exploitation and such.



It wouldn't be able to exist if there was not enough people, you are right.
And you are right it enables some sickos to trade CP. But it also does a lot of good.
As Shroomism pointed out, it's not only dark marketplaces. TOR provides those in countries with no freedom of internet to be able to speak their minds without fear of being tortured and killed. It provides a huge service.
The good outweighs the bad imo, and that is the price of freedom.

The CP people are going to be caught eventually, through old fashioned police work - and that is how it should be.
Never give up freedoms for safety. It doesn't work that way.
The think of the children argument is a mental cop-out.



I recall recent news of NSA monitoring of tor proxy servers, somewhere in germany, i believe.  Tor traffic is being monitored by the US government.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: fbi365]
    #20595701 -

fbi365 said:
ThatKidWithTheFace said:
fbi365 said:
can someone please explain i2p and the use of bittorrent to me?  or link to a useful tek?



:offtopic:

Bittorrent is extremely easy to use. Just download the client. Then (lets say you were using it to DL music) you google "Band X Song Y Torrent" Click on a link, then click on a magnet link (It'll look like a magnet :lol: )

Then wait.



I know how to use bittorrent :kingcrankey: lol  What I meant to ask is how to use it with i2p?  To anonymize your torrent activity?  bittorrent doesn't really work with tor.



Oh :rofl: I was wondering "who the fuck can't operate bittorrent?"


--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: nice1returns]
    #20595725 -

nice1returns said:
Tor can be tapped in many ways.

Exit node monitoring, SSH monitoring and DNS resolution.  Probably more secret exploits too.



AFAIK Exit node monitoring only works when you're accessing the clear web, and depending on the machine that's running as the Exit node. If you're using that form of attack against darknet traffic, it requires controlling both entry, middle, and exit node.

SSH Monitoring? I'm sorry but I feel like you should explain this more as I don't think trapping Tor through "ssh monitoring" is a thing.

DNS Resolution only works if you're a fool and don't properly anonymize your DNS traffic. Tor is configured to use TCP only, whereas DNS functions using both TCP and UDP. So if you don't properly configure your DNS resolution, then you're screwed. That's why it's a good idea use things like TAILS that do that for you.

go to dnsleaktest.com on your normal browser, then TBB, then TAILS and you'll see the difference.

If you're using Tor and accessing the deep web, it's quite secure. Even Edward Snowdens leaks basically said the NSA didn't have many tricks up their sleeves, and a lot of it was relating to timing attacks and monitoring traffic for long periods of time, although I presume that could've changed by now.

Tor is very secure, as long as you access it properly and configure your system properly, and are only browsing the darkweb.

However, I wouldn't consider "Tor" to be a real darkweb. IMO I2P is a real darkweb as it's designed to be it's own network.


Soulidarity said:
Yes and I also heard there were closed or high access parts of th web that one cannot just connect to like tor etc




The Internet isn't closed, it's publicly viewable. If you have a machine that is connected to the Internet, then it is most definitely viewable by anyone. However, whether or not someone has the privilege to access it is a different matter.

Anything that isn't in a Class A, B, C Private Address ranges and the other experimental private address ranges exists to anyone, it's just about whether or not you have the permission to access said machine.

fbi365 said:
I know how to use bittorrent :kingcrankey: lol  What I meant to ask is how to use it with i2p?  To anonymize your torrent activity?  bittorrent doesn't really work with tor.



If you're using I2P to torrent, you wouldn't be torrenting from sites like thepiratebay, etc... You'd be torrent from sites that exist solely on I2P


edit:

Also I2P is fundamentally different then Tor. Tor is Onion routing, where your data is encapsulated in multiple different layers, whereas I2P is garlic routing, and your traffic is split up into multiple different pieces, and each piece is sent down a different path.

For that reason (and from my experience) I reckon that I2P is quite safer than Tor.


--------------------

Edited by deadwk (09/21/14 04:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: fbi365]
    #20596238 -

fbi365 said:
I recall recent news of NSA monitoring of tor proxy servers, somewhere in germany, i believe.  Tor traffic is being monitored by the US government.



Tor traffic can be monitored all it wants.
It's heavily encrypted and the encryption has not been broken.
Therefore there is no risk.

The risk is when you go to a clearnet site that has to leave through an exit node. Those can be controlled by the NSA, but again, if your session is protected by valid SSH you have nothing to worry about, the only identifiable piece will be the domain you are going to on the clearnet.


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20596270 -

There was a researcher who was going to demonstrate tor exploits that could unmask hidden services, but his demonstration was called off apparently due to some government interference. I'd say it's likely that the NSA has tor cracked right now, but it's getting better all the time, and it's doubtful they'd use that info for anything aside from large scale stuff.

The government actually uses tor itself, for all sorts of stuff, so there's a part of the government that tries to pass along info about exploits to the tor project to keep it secure even as another part tries to find and use exploits to make it unsecure.

Regardless, an individual user buying some drugs on SR2 isn't going to be raided by the NSA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: nooneman]
    #20596807 -

nooneman said:
There was a researcher who was going to demonstrate tor exploits that could unmask hidden services, but his demonstration was called off apparently due to some government interference. I'd say it's likely that the NSA has tor cracked right now, but it's getting better all the time, and it's doubtful they'd use that info for anything aside from large scale stuff.

The government actually uses tor itself, for all sorts of stuff, so there's a part of the government that tries to pass along info about exploits to the tor project to keep it secure even as another part tries to find and use exploits to make it unsecure.

Regardless, an individual user buying some drugs on SR2 isn't going to be raided by the NSA.



That's conspiracy theory stuff that isn't true.
TOR is not broken. Encryption isn't some magical thing. And at this time strong keys are unbreakable (eg: the time and energy necessary to break the encryption makes it futile).
TOR isn't some magical thing either. It's simple in how it works.


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20597056 -

tymoteusz3 said:
fbi365 said:
I recall recent news of NSA monitoring of tor proxy servers, somewhere in germany, i believe.  Tor traffic is being monitored by the US government.



Tor traffic can be monitored all it wants.
It's heavily encrypted and the encryption has not been broken.
Therefore there is no risk.

The risk is when you go to a clearnet site that has to leave through an exit node. Those can be controlled by the NSA, but again, if your session is protected by valid SSH you have nothing to worry about, the only identifiable piece will be the domain you are going to on the clearnet.



Here you go, apparently the NSA doesn't target TOR network directly, but the firefox browser that comes in the TOR bundle.  attacking tor: how the NSA targets users' online anonymity


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The deep web [Re: fbi365]
    #20597152 -

That article was stupid but it's why you keep JS and all other scripts turned OFF.


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Unbreakable
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,633 23 07/16/06 06:50 AM
by Deadmaker
* did u guys hear about the air france crash and the discovery of THE UNBREAKABLE Coaster 363 4 07/03/09 01:30 AM
by learningtofly
* How do i activate Encryption in my PM's PDU 598 2 09/20/06 11:33 PM
by PDU
* I got ripped off by a web site (BIG TIME)!
( 1 2 3 all )
KrazieH8er 3,756 48 06/09/05 11:56 AM
by PaulAtreides
* Spider webs made by fucked up spiders. *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
psilocybe cubensis 3,750 24 09/15/04 09:52 PM
by ivi
* Google Web Albums Beta, my album cybrbeast 1,120 12 06/22/06 05:28 AM
by cybrbeast
* The Deep - "Pink Ether" (mp3) LearyfanS 1,430 3 07/21/05 12:33 AM
by Learyfan
* anonymous web hosting? OJK 347 0 12/08/05 07:40 AM
by OJK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,183 topic views. 5 members, 24 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.