Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Let's play drug dealers
    #1992873 - 10/09/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/con...-name_page.html

Let's play drug dealers Oct 9 2003

CHILDREN AGED EIGHT USE FLOUR FOR DOPE

By Maggie Barry

FIVE children caught playing drug dealers with packets of white powder have been disciplined at school.

Staff spotted the pupils, aged between eight and 10, pretending to buy and sell packages of a flour for 30p each.

The youngsters told teachers they had seen television programmes which showed how drugs were packaged and said they were merely playing a game. The head teacher, Roddy Shaw, said: "I can confirm that five pupils have each received two weeks' detention. Police are currently investigating the incident.

"They will be interviewing each of the five pupils concerned. All the children's parents are co-operating with school fully in this matter.

"A community police officer will be coming to the school soon to talk on drug education issues with the pupils."

One parent at the school - St Matthew's, in Wishaw, North Lanarkshire - said: "A lot of parents heard about these pupils selling a white powder believed to be drugs.

"It's very worrying that kids this age are even playing at being drug dealers.

"We'd heard the packages were all taped up like something from television police shows."

A spokesman for North Lanarkshire Council said: "Fortunately, nothing more than white flour was involved here but there is a very serious side to this incident in that children are seeing drug dealing as some kind of game."

Strathclyde Police said it was continuing efforts to drive home its message about the dangers of illegal drugs. A spokesman said: "As a result of our drugs talks in schools, as well as ongoing education in these matters by teachers, children should by now be well aware of the dangers of abusing substances, particularly unknown ones.

"We will continue our education about drugs within schools and let the children know that this was a very foolish thing to do."

A spokesman for Scotland Against Drugs said: "It is a sign of the times that young people should pretend to be engaged in drug dealing. It is important that when occasions like this occur, schools respond effectively.

"In this case the school has dealt with the matter effectively and appropriately."

Scotland's First Minister Jack McConnell - the school is in his constituency - said: "I was stunned to hear about this. It is a wake- up call for parents, teachers and everyone who is responsible for children in Scotland."

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: motaman]
    #1994086 - 10/09/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Drugs. There everywhere these days. More popular than ever. Drugs are known to be "whats cool" with younger people.

Personally I'm not suprised by this incident at all. Kids just wanted to be "cool" and pretend they had drugs.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #1994608 - 10/09/03 08:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well , if you got nothing else to do: smoke a bowl.
School isnt challenging and so you do.
The problem is not with the kids though as they only copy. You gotta attack drug usage in general if you wanna avoid kids playing it. Everything what older people do is cool, if we do more drugs, they are cooler!This also means NO DRUGS ON TV
The thing is: I reckon from a certain age on everyone can do with his life what he wants to. (at the point where he is aware of the consequences.Not determinable)So: Kids should be tought that sports are fun too, and that drugs have consequences, and should not be used easily. We shouldnt promote them , but just clear things up.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1997581 - 10/10/03 04:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldnt say sports are any less dangerous than say, smoking pot.

playing sports is risky, too. You could break a bone or have a head trauma.

walking down the street and greathing are dangerous, too. When are we going to stop sheltering our kids from reality and allow them to experience life, for better or worse?

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1997711 - 10/10/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

> When are we going to stop sheltering our kids from reality and allow them to experience life

Well said. My younger brother got in trouble when he was little (1st or 2nd grade) for playing cops and robbers at school. The kids were "shooting each other" by making gun shapes with their hands. The school tried to use their "zero tolerance" policy to expell the kids. All of the parents got together and thew a fit (rightly so) and the kids only got a few days suspension instead... which I still find obsurd.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: Seuss]
    #1999986 - 10/11/03 01:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OH MY GOD! HE'S GOT A FINGER EVERYBODY RUN!

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2004861 - 10/13/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Everybody wants to do drugs, its the "cool" thing to do. Kids in school talk nothing about pot, and beer. You can walk down the hallways and hear 5-6 conversations, by hearing the words green, herb, and the flavors of blunt shells. They sit in class and talk about getting fucked up off smoking shwag, and drinking smirnoff. All the weed sellers tell everybody, and get busted 2 months later, its pretty funny.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2005554 - 10/13/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Think of the lines on the road, the yellow and white ones. They give cars paths to follow, so they arrive safely to their destination safe and sound. Think if those lines werent there. It would be completely insane. People crashing and dieing and being killed left and right. You must stay in between the lines. This is how the government thinks about the civilians. If there werent direct paths to follow in life, it would be complete insanity. Stay in the lines, or like in traffic you lose your right to drive. In life you loose your freedom!

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #2007690 - 10/14/03 08:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

> Think if those lines werent there. It would be completely insane. People crashing and dieing and being killed left and right.

Almost no roads have lines on them here and we drive just fine with fewer wrecks than I see most other places.

> Stay in the lines, or like in traffic you lose your right to drive.

At least traffic lines are fair and obvious to everybody rather than some moral obligation that some holier than thou bible thumper created in the name of their faith to save the savages from themselves. I don't need other people telling me how to live me life and what morals I should follow. I hurt nobody when I smoke a bowl or grow a plant in my own home, yet you would have me tossed in jail because my morals aren't up to your standards...?

> This is how the government thinks about the civilians.

The government should work for the people. When the people start to become a management hassle for the goverrnment, thent here is a problem with the government, not with the people.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2010786 - 10/15/03 06:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

a very serious side to this incident in that children are seeing drug dealing as some kind of game.

yes, that is clearly much worse than children playing toy guns, or cops and robbers, things directly representing the causes of physical physical harm and violence [the leading exscuses used to justify broad anti drug sentiment].

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #2013255 - 10/16/03 01:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

At least traffic lines are fair and obvious to everybody rather than some moral obligation that some holier than thou bible thumper created in the name of their faith to save the savages from themselves. I don't need other people telling me how to live me life and what morals I should follow. I hurt nobody when I smoke a bowl or grow a plant in my own home, yet you would have me tossed in jail because my morals aren't up to your standards...?

Couldnt have said it better myself! You hear the government tell you "With the joy of freedom comes the burden of responsibility" like we owe them something for letting us live our lives. I dont think they really grasp the definition of "freedom". This is NO free land, nothing close. I think being naked is life in its purest form, but am I permitted to walk around town naked? Whats so free about that? What really gets to me though, it the whole substances involved with religion. They say you have the right to practice any religion you wish, any one at all. Only if it has been approved by the government. If I were to tell them taking LSD, or mushrooms, or smoking marijuana were a part of my religious experiences, no matter how much I believe they are, I would still be jailed for it. WHATS SO FREE ABOUT THAT?!?!

--------------------

Offlinenegahawk
Stranger
    #9751844 - 02/06/09 09:27 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Man, was I missing out.  To think I misspent my youth playing baseball...

Zero tolerance is the worst policy EVER.  You have a kid who makes a mistake and spends the rest of his youth paying the consequences.  These kids were PLAYING, imitating what they see in real life.  It is a reflection of their environment.  Possibly even what they saw at home.  I can imagine drug using parents attending that parent-teacher conference with sweaty palms.  Partly from withdrawal. 

Adults, parents, educators...  So many want to make the problem disappear the easy way rather than take it upon themselves to take the steps necessary to initiate change.  What a bummer.

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
    #9752037 - 02/06/09 09:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

the best thing to keep between cops and the children involved in this case is distance

OfflineIdeLOLogies
Strange

Re: Let's play drug dealers [Re: filthee]
    #9753531 - 02/07/09 06:30 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

"In this case the school has dealt with the matter effectively and appropriately."

Wrong, now every kid in the school with any sort of bad side will be interested in playing that game.
The police were involved so it must be dodgy and when your younger doing something dodgy = being cool.

...and i'm sure continually drilling the message "drugs are bad!!!" will work. I mean, it worked for us right......

--------------------
God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad.

Why does God give us anything?

Look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, it would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service