Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society
    #18219926 -

That's my subject line. This is crucial research I need input PLEASE, read on as to what is going on.  As a subject and conducting a scholarly experiment I have shaved my body of all hair. Mind you, exceppt for my legs arms and eyebrows lol. But my head is now bald.

THE PURPOSE of this experiment is to document, comment on, and note anything and everything that doing such has on a person. What effects. I will add my research here in a moment, but as to get the matter out there immediately:

How do YOU feel, how do you react< how do you interpret either having a shaved head and body, or seeing other people with such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219936 -

So far day one... initial act of shaving hair very liberating, pleasurable, and opening. A feeling of a new beginning and freedom. And idea that I am not a label, a look. I am a person, and a profound one.
Initial reaction from family and friends was acceptance and general un-impact. After explaining the reason I was conducting this experiment I gained the confidence I needed to progress into the world and spark creative idealism and associations on what it means .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219946 -

Through the day I faced amazing energy pickup and felt more confident dealing with it. Even though I wear a hat at work, I felt like I was more able to complete my tasks, being so much lighter.


MY REACTION FROM THE PUBLIC HOWEVER< WAS DIFFERENT.

I received a pretty full spectrum of judgmental and questioned motives about why I shaved my head and face.

I will document some of those as follow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219962 -

I recently shaved my head, have shaved my head twice in the last year and a half. I let my hair grow pretty long then get rid of all of it pretty much.


Naturally, because it takes time for hair to grow out you have memories of experiences while your hair was a certain length. This is especially true when i look back at photos.

Some cultures do relate hair to spirituality. I believe Sikhs do not cut their hair.

I feel that shaving my head is getting rid of all these things, and can feel like a turning point or stepping stone to change. Usually when i want to shave my head it's because i feel a certain way, Like i want to make changes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental] * 2
    #18219964 -

are you sure this is a real project?

it doesn't count if you don't shave your eyebrows arms and legs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219970 -

Into the mix first thing, in the garden I hear the thoughts" Oh wow he shaved his head and face" Reaction from my crew were that they thought I looked good before but I look good now like I lost some weight... lol.

Reactions from the public include racist remarks, acceptance, some criticism in the form that was positive, and some people just loving and laughing and living. NOT JUDGING, being good people. and loving.

One man I spoke to in general, explained the circumstances of the hostile take over of Native America by the US Govt. and how during the transition from tribal members to US citizens, the saving of their heads produced from very deep and scarring results.

The Natives were less able track and balance and find their selves. They lost an ability, their scalps were cut from them, and some of them sent into military service. Immersed in a hostile and overtaking world of completely different motives and understandings. .

The hair being the power, the legacy, the legs, and yet an extension of oneself, and ones energy.

And as I , felt the hair fall from my head, I felt a great weight fall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219977 -

I shaved my head bald before, and done allot of crazy things to my hair. Cant really say it had an effect on my spiritually :shrug:


--------------------
Lyanla:: Where was God when you put that first line of cocaine in your system ?

DMX:: ......right there :bored:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: Relajarse]
    #18219979 -

Relajarse said:
I shaved my head bald before, and done allot of crazy things to my hair. Cant really say it had an effect on my spiritually :shrug:




What about your ability to balance.. to sing? To dance? anything?

I'm fishing here. I need solid experiences to back up my thesis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18219989 -

2Experimental said:
Relajarse said:
I shaved my head bald before, and done allot of crazy things to my hair. Cant really say it had an effect on my spiritually :shrug:




What about your ability to balance.. to sing? To dance? anything?

I'm fishing here. I need solid experiences to back up my thesis.



......mmmmmm No I honestly dont think It did a thing. I like some Indian philosophies relating to herbal medicine. I know some yogis grow out their hair to have a more grounding effect, while others shave it to supposedly unchain the mind a little, but once again in my own experience, nothing out of the ordinary happens


--------------------
Lyanla:: Where was God when you put that first line of cocaine in your system ?

DMX:: ......right there :bored:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: Relajarse]
    #18219992 -

No, nothing major.. Perhaps the subtle effects. I'm trying to get into the MIND of the person.

WHy did you do it? were you bored? did you like the way it made you look, did it make you feel a certain way? what way? please help anyways you can and others CHIME IN.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18220000 -

2Experimental said:
No, nothing major.. Perhaps the subtle effects. I'm trying to get into the MIND of the person.

WHy did you do it? were you bored? did you like the way it made you look, did it make you feel a certain way? what way? please help anyways you can and others CHIME IN.



Various reasons. My stepfather always made me have short hair so sometimes ill buzz it because having long hair makes me feel.....unclean :shrug: Plus I look better with a decent hair cut.

one time I shaved it because I had lice, other times it was because I dyed it a funny color and wanted to rid myself of it. The only time I wanted a reaction out of folks was when I shaved a "coldest sack" into my hair like hunter thompson


--------------------
Lyanla:: Where was God when you put that first line of cocaine in your system ?

DMX:: ......right there :bored:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: teamkiller]
    #18220003 -

teamkiller said:
are you sure this is a real project?

it doesn't count if you don't shave your eyebrows arms and legs.



yeah, i've shaved my head bald before too. this was after having a mohawk with the sides of my head shaved for quite some time. until you shave your eyebrows, i'm just gonna tell ya to grow a pair because shaving your head isn't even close to being the "weirdest" thing you could do if you want to perform a social experiment & take notes on peoples' reactions.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: Pigasus]
    #18220044 -

Pigasus said:
teamkiller said:
are you sure this is a real project?

it doesn't count if you don't shave your eyebrows arms and legs.



yeah, i've shaved my head bald before too. this was after having a mohawk with the sides of my head shaved for quite some time. until you shave your eyebrows, i'm just gonna tell ya to grow a pair because shaving your head isn't even close to being the "weirdest" thing you could do if you want to perform a social experiment & take notes on peoples' reactions.




I'm liking where this is going.
But as a white male. There's always that stigma. And there's more. With the way a person carries themselves, does it really matter how they appear.

Eyebrows are important though LOL. I need those, for protection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: Relajarse]
    #18220052 -

Relajarse said:
2Experimental said:
No, nothing major.. Perhaps the subtle effects. I'm trying to get into the MIND of the person.

WHy did you do it? were you bored? did you like the way it made you look, did it make you feel a certain way? what way? please help anyways you can and others CHIME IN.



Various reasons. My stepfather always made me have short hair so sometimes ill buzz it because having long hair makes me feel.....unclean :shrug: Plus I look better with a decent hair cut.

one time I shaved it because I had lice, other times it was because I dyed it a funny color and wanted to rid myself of it. The only time I wanted a reaction out of folks was when I shaved a "coldest sack" into my hair like hunter thompson



What was the reaction and the purpose of the pursuit to shave coldest sack, and do you mean you wrote the words?



May I ask your general age and ethnicity?for the purpose of science?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: 2Experimental]
    #18220060 -

2Experimental said:
That's my subject line. This is crucial research I need input PLEASE, read on as to what is going on.  As a subject and conducting a scholarly experiment I have shaved my body of all hair. Mind you, exceppt for my legs arms and eyebrows lol. But my head is now bald.

THE PURPOSE of this experiment is to document, comment on, and note anything and everything that doing such has on a person. What effects. I will add my research here in a moment, but as to get the matter out there immediately:

How do YOU feel, how do you react< how do you interpret either having a shaved head and body, or seeing other people with such.



this seems very scientific


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: Pigasus]
    #18220061 -

For me, I use a buzz-trimmer with no guard, so it's almost shaven.  It saves me the time from having to comb/style my hair.  This in turn makes me less self-conscious about how I look(not that I'm very self-conscious about my looks anyway).  I had grown my beard out for 6 months and had some new court stuff happen, so I cut it off.  It kind of broke my heart in a way, but I felt the judge would be more prejudice towards someone on probation for drugs with a long ass hippy beard than someone who was clean shaven and looked "neat".  Everybody said I looked a lot younger without the beard, so that took away from the feeling of loss.  I miss my beard but I know I can grow it back out in a couple months anyway. 

How has this affected my spirituality?  I'd say being able to not have to be concerned with whether or not my hair is a mess has led to more happiness overall.  Having to cut my beard to appear as a more productive member of society (also if they were to take a hair-follicle test, I'd fail so that was another motivator) kind of reinforced that our society is still missing the point, which in a way benefits me spiritually because it encourages me to continue my inner growth and be less judgmental of others appearance.


--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I Need help on research I am doing on the effects of hair shaving on Spirituality, Sex, and Society [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #18220137 -

This is amazing data that has been entered and your voice and opinion will be noted and even dissected and such.

And as the conductor of my experiment you have provided a wonderful insight into facial hair and the stigma.

May your AURA come before you, and whatever your appearance, may you be kind, polite, and willful. May you not let the judgments of the heavy world of others bear down on you.

Be well spoken, be known, and be well.


NEXT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* registered sex offender
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 4,184 32 08/17/04 02:37 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* ASS HAIR
( 1 2 all )
Pumpkin_Blythe 4,108 25 08/13/04 03:08 PM
by luckytriple6
* Have you ever shaved... "down there?"
( 1 2 3 all )
SoulSurfer 6,739 48 08/01/04 11:08 AM
by Barbi
* I haven't shaved since august
( 1 2 all )
SpecialEd 3,577 24 11/23/03 06:16 PM
by Druginduced
* passing a hair drug screen???? ChromeCrow 2,116 8 12/02/03 09:41 PM
by Learyfan
* Cut my hair
( 1 2 all )
rosewoodpete 4,171 24 06/03/03 05:50 PM
by Pala
* Balding with long hair Llamanose 2,001 16 02/23/04 01:29 PM
by Ripple
* yesterday, when i was shaving...
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 3,298 22 05/30/04 11:19 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
930 topic views. 6 members, 583 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.