Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Best/Worst Coaching hires
    #17565620 -

Who do you guys think were the best and worst hires of 2013?
Best hires of 2013
You may choose only one
Worst hires of 2013
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 01/17/13 11:16 PM until the end of time
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17565628 -

I picked Bruce Arians for the best. I really liked what he did at indy as an interim

I picked Marc Trestman for the worse, mainly because i don't know anything about him other than he coached in the CFL. Nothing against the guy i just think the bears were dumb for firing Lovie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17565691 -

I went with Trestman as best choice.

Mainly because he's not Lovie Smith.


Lovie might be the worst coach of all time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: Beefy1]
    #17565728 -

:rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: Beefy1]
    #17565737 -

Beefy1 said:
I went with Trestman as best choice.

Mainly because he's not Lovie Smith.


Lovie might be the worst coach of all time.



The beauty of perspective I guess.

The bears are one of the worst run teams in the league though, With that defense they should have multiple titles IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17565747 -

Yep.  not all lovie's fault.  Gotta blame the owners and the rest of the front office too.


Why do I hate Lovie? 

1.  No emotion.  A football coach needs to show emotion.

2.  Let's run up the middle twice and then try a seven yard pass when we need twenty for the first down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: Beefy1]
    #17565757 -

Beefy1 said:
Yep.  not all lovie's fault.  Gotta blame the owners and the rest of the front office too.


Why do I hate Lovie? 

1.  No emotion.  A football coach needs to show emotion.

2.  Let's run up the middle twice and then try a seven yard pass when we need twenty for the first down.



They have a franchise QB, RB, WR and a tremendous defense. The pieces are in place I wish Trestman well and i kinda root for the burrs. Its hard to get over the fact they fired a 10-6 coach that made it to the superbowl for a CFL guy. They need change.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17569125 -

Bears probably wanted to hire the cheapest possible coach  :cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17569669 -

I put Andy Reid for the best hire, but almost picked Arians.  Missing the playoff game because of the blood pressure issue is a little troubling, but I hope he has success in Arizona.  They're a team I never really cared for one way or the other.  Reid, as much as I complained about him while in Philly, mostly for being awful at challenging calls and with clock management, is still a pretty good coach and I think a change of scenery will be good for him.

Have to go with the Bills for the worst hire.  Marrone was a .500 coach at Syracuse and Buffalo always hires the cheapest candidate available (Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey, etc...).  Maybe this guy will be better than their last few coaches, but I have a feeling Buffalo fans will have to watch 3 or 4 more years of losing football until they get another coach, or move to Toronto.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: gd6595]
    #17569984 -

The Bills can always get another coach.  They can't keep shitting the bed on draft day.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17570070 -

I picked Arians as worst, but that's got more to do with firing Wizenhunt than who they replaced him with.  I would have picked the Jets hiring Rex Ryan but that wasn't on the poll for some reason.


--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Senor_Doobie (01/18/13 08:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: gd6595]
    #17570172 -

Ya syracuse was a bad team this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17571822 -

One thing the NFL seems dead certain about, when it comes to head coaching positions, white makes right.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #17572210 -

TheFakeSunRa said:
One thing the NFL seems dead certain about, when it comes to head coaching positions, white makes right.



Apparently the affirmative action thing didn't work out in production.  What a surprise.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17572375 -

elax420 said:
Beefy1 said:
Yep.  not all lovie's fault.  Gotta blame the owners and the rest of the front office too.


Why do I hate Lovie? 

1.  No emotion.  A football coach needs to show emotion.

2.  Let's run up the middle twice and then try a seven yard pass when we need twenty for the first down.



They have a franchise QB, RB, WR and a tremendous defense. The pieces are in place I wish Trestman well and i kinda root for the burrs. Its hard to get over the fact they fired a 10-6 coach that made it to the superbowl for a CFL guy. They need change.



The fact that he went 10-6 really doesn't matter. He missed the playoffs 6 out of 9 years, that's unacceptable. And no matter who he hires to run the offense, and who they bring in at QB and WR, they still suck, year after year. Change was needed, 10 win season or not. His defense is getting old anyway, Urlacher is done. I don't know anything about Tressman, but the Bears are indeed are horribly run organization. I'll give the new GM a chance to show he knows what he's doing though.
Also, I don't understand the Andy Reid love. He's worse than Lovie with clock management. Brutal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: blabbly]
    #17580270 -

Ya i dont get the Andy Reid love either. The chiefs are a train wreck. Great offensive coach though.

I'ld like to see the burrs do good just doesn't seem like its gonna happen anytime soon.

Im starting to like the Chip kelly hire more and more.  I feel retarded for forgetting to put that one up. I knew i was missing someone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: elax420]
    #17580291 -

You fell off Andys band wagon:crankey:


--------------------
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..
"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
RIP TOM:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best/Worst Coaching hires [Re: Oil Field Trash]
    #17580297 -

Never was on it.

I do like the Eagles though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Raiders hire Lane Kiffin as head coach belligerent 966 8 01/25/07 12:52 PM
by Banez
* How many coaches usually get canned or quit at the end of the NFL season? TheFakeSunRa 1,834 18 01/14/07 12:40 PM
by belligerent
* Texas Tech coach Bobby Knight resigns zorbman 1,049 6 02/04/08 08:43 PM
by im_on_a_boat
* Favorite Coach/ Owner/ GM
( 1 2 all )
Banez 4,005 28 02/14/07 11:24 AM
by Banez
* UGH ('Cuse hired NO's O-Coordinator) jewunit 558 5 12/13/08 10:17 AM
by zappaisgod
* Norv Turner, next Chargers coach. Banez 594 2 02/19/07 11:58 AM
by Banez
* Next Falcons Coach? TheFakeSunRa 1,495 14 01/08/07 11:00 PM
by Banez
* Next Coach in Miami Banez 725 3 01/05/07 03:17 PM
by Banez

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
761 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.032 seconds on 22 queries.