Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Hawaiian Baby Woodrose + Salvia
    #1747151 - 07/25/03 05:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was planning on eating 8 woodrose seeds and smoking some salvia, good idea, bad idea?

Complete newb to this.. hate to admit it.. but I'm looking to have an incredibly spiritual experience. When should I smoke the salvia, more than one session, etc... what's your input?

Ya gotta rub the coating off the seeds? Is it kinda like peeling them or what? Anyone got a pic of what they should look like before ingestion?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose + Salvia [Re: Adden]
    #1747192 - 07/25/03 05:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok did a search like I should've done before I posted, so ignore the second half of that...

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose + Salvia [Re: Adden]
    #1747898 - 07/25/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

8 might be too much. I think the reason why people get sick has more to do with the number of seeds consumed that how you scrap the outer coating. The glycosides (what gives you the uncomfortable bodyload & nausea) are found throughout the seed - not just in the outer coating. That is a huge myth. So scrapping is not the solution.

If you consume HBWR, you will be consuming the glycosides no matter what you do. Someone people have recommended burning the seeds for a few seconds - all that really does is destroy the seeds (LSA & the glycosides both). Sure, that'll reduce nausea - but all you're really doing is consuming less.

Scrapping the outer coating, in my experience, does nothing to help. The only thing you can do to make the experience more pleasant is to eat less. Scrapping the seeds only really makes crushing the seeds into a fine powder (100% essential) easier.

1) If your seeds are quality ), I recommend 4 or 5 seeds max.
2) scrap the seeds so that they are easier to powder.
3) crush and powder into a fine powder.
4) you can either put the powder into gel capsules (which seems to take much longer to come one - 3 hours) or you simply put the powder into your mouth directly (mixed in with a small amount of water)
5) I recommend eating only a little at a time. Divide the powder into four piles/dosages and consuming the 15 mins apart. This will ease the transition into psychoactivity.
6) smoke cannabis to reduce any nausea

Be sure to fast for at least 4 hours before consuming hbwr.

Edited by iglou (09/13/03 03:05 AM)

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose + Salvia [Re: iglou]
    #1748457 - 07/25/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If your going to smoke salvia while on HBWR make sure you take just enough salvia to feel something (1 hit).

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1739148&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Follow my prep and every things gonna be ok.

Hope that helps ya.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Cyanide Glycosides in HBWR [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1749332 - 07/25/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well...Lets try to tackle this glycoside problem.

HBWR experience seems to be a very potent entheogenic journey and it is such a shame that there are glycosides in the seeds that give you bodyload and nausea.

From the nature of the bodyload and Iglou's reference to the term "glycoside" i conclude that it is reffered to CYANIDE clycosides (not cardiac glycosides).

What happens,is that when the glycosied in question are ingested one of their hydrolysis metabolites is hydrogen cyanide,a potent poison,which is to blame for the side-effects mentioned.

2 thoughts on that:

1) Are they hydrolised in acidic conditions (HCl in your stomach)? If so, the reaction doesnt need to take place in your body! You could crush the seeds into the finest powder you can achieve and then add it for 30 or so minutes in an acid solution.Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) could do the trick and it could also prevent oxidation of the alkaloids you are after.

2) Unfortunatelly i failed to find references for hydrolysis using acidic means.If the nasty metabolite can only be released via enzymatic hydrolysis,then the "poisoner" might hold the hydrolysis medium! Indeed,many plant's leaves contain cyanide glycosides alongside with enzymes that hydrolyze it,in different compartments.When an animal grazes on the leaves it breaks the cells and mixes those two factors to utilize this form of defence.Could a solution of a plant's leaves known to contain cyanide glycosides be added to pulverised HBWR and let to sit until the reaction is complete? The enzymes could potentially render the glycosides present in your seeds harmless. I think it is worth investigating.

More info+ideas on the above would be appreciated!

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Cyanide Glycosides in HBWR [Re: Psiloman]
    #1749383 - 07/25/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

good post. let me do some research & I'll post the results/questions.

peace.

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Cyanide Glycosides in HBWR [Re: iglou]
    #1749395 - 07/25/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

[The seeds]...contain sugar compounds known as cyanogenic glycosides. These compounds contain the cyanide ion (CN-), which forms hydrocyanic acid (a.k.a. hydrogen cyanide, prussic acid) when degraded by certain enzymes. The seeds themselves contain varying concentrations of several ergot-related alkaloids, the top two are ergine (a.k.a. lysergic acid amide) and isoergine. Both these compounds are psychoactive, being approximately 1/10th as potent as LSD. A few of these compounds are vasoconstrictive.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Cyanide Glycosides in HBWR [Re: iglou]
    #1749563 - 07/25/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My 1st time w/ HBWR and salvia were together, lots of fun, give it a try :smile:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Cyanide Glycosides in HBWR [Re: Psiloman]
    #1753760 - 07/27/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
HBWR experience seems to be a very potent entheogenic journey and it is such a shame that there are glycosides in the seeds that give you bodyload and nausea.

That's kinda funny.  I took six seeds (220 lbs) and I didn't get any really 'psychedelic' effects.  I was very 'up,' and having a few weird mental ideas, and really grooving to the music and such -- I was beating out rythms on my desk, my chest, whatever.  It was definitely a potent drug, but I didn't get much psychedelic out of it.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds