Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection
    #17002596 -

Females seem to have a feeling of determination where their lot in life is out of their control whereas it seems like guys are "told" that they can work out, get sk00l, get money, etc. to get hotter chicks.  Conversely, guys feel powerless around chicks a lot and a big rejection can really scar a dude for a long time.
In general, who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection
You may choose only one


Votes accepted from 10/09/12 10:41 PM until the end of time

View the results of this poll



--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17002678 -

-delete-

Edited by ZomBirdy (10/15/12 02:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive] * 1
    #17003123 -

I'm not sure if there's a significant difference between the genders in this respect. The survey doesn't include that option :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: koraks]
    #17003865 -

koraks said:
I'm not sure if there's a significant difference between the genders in this respect. The survey doesn't include that option :shrug:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17004003 -

Yes good point.  Oopsies.  Poll fail.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17007286 -

yeah poll failed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: voltagegated] * 1
    #17007376 -

I think a woman who is not sexually appealing to powerful men is more likely to be treated as worthless by society.  Men are treated as dynamic individuals who have a personality that is not attached to their beauty, women are treated like their self-worth should be tied up in their ability to appear sexually attractive.

I picked women.  I think being sexually rejected only makes me stronger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17007405 -

I don't know honestly, since I returned to Canada I have only received negativity in the sexual aspects.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #17007438 -

STAL

But tending to agree with moonrockmushy... It's not the 50's anymore, but... You see the stereotype of, hey he's fat, but he's funny! I'm not sure there is a corresponding female role... 

But I see where you're going with the OP, It's commonly agreed upon that if a girl wants to get laid, she'll find a taker. It a guy wants to get laid, he'll have to pay for it, if he's lucky...

But, fuck, I dunno guys, it sucks for everyone to get rejected. It's just part of the human experience. Attraction is weird, sometimes it doesn't work out, a lot of times it doesn't work out. Eventually, hopefully, it works out and is amazing. Chances are you'll go through all of that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: atayia]
    #17007446 -

I hate to stereotype, but a man's masculinity is one of his biggest sources of high self-esteem. When there's sexual rejection, he takes a direct hit to his masculinity, because part of being a man is getting pussy, and therefore, his self-esteem is effected.


--------------------

    And when I see you coming down the line
    With eyes wide open
    Somewhere in between the past and future
    Where you drift in time
    And you can see a different point of view


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: Lynnch]
    #17007493 -

yeah, i wish we (men) would just give a fat girl a chance because shes funny. but the standards are higher for them (women). we are more shallow it would seem. they are also the ones that get to choose who they fuck with while we have to either have game(personality)/money(power)/ or looks (pretty faces, be fit)

one can have one of those three and still get laid, if you have two of those you are made my friend!

if you have all 3....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: jammin]
    #17008166 -

It makes sense... men are visual creatures.

jammin said:
I hate to stereotype, but a man's masculinity is one of his biggest sources of high self-esteem. When there's sexual rejection, he takes a direct hit to his masculinity, because part of being a man is getting pussy, and therefore, his self-esteem is effected.



True.  But what is there to the feminine "gender" besides looks, cooking, cleaning, wearing pretty clothes, etc.  Before people hop on my shit, I view women as much more complex than this but this seems to be what society promotes as womanly.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17008771 -

All We Perceive said:
It makes sense... men are visual creatures.




cmon man as visual as we might be, that does not make sense, and if it does, it makes more sense that we are shallow, we are men, we are made to believe that we work for that pussy, for that pink beautiful pussy and it is not fair to women.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: shallowbastard]
    #17008792 -

I don't work for pussy.  :shrug:  I have never and will never lick a pussy because I "worked for it."  :ilold:  So when a girl gets naked in front of you, you aren't turned on?  Takes a bit more for most females.  It's like biological.  :pipesmoke:


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17008902 -

Well, as a  hetero male, I understand that I am replaceable. When I die, another male of sexual maturity will take my place. Hell, even more than one, maybe two, or three, or however many. Women in this context have all the power. Women will outlive me, and they would necessarily carry my seed, though I do not intend to have a child, at the very least in the next decade.  Regardless, women are the gatekeepers to sexual satisfaction for me. They are not affected by me meeting their criteria, though I am affected for failing to live up to their criteria. There are more men than women because reproduction has always been competitive. Therefore,  quite a few men  are more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection than women. Men become misogynists, they reduce females to instruments of reproduction, they reduce men to beings unable to  sexually resist women ( which infantilizes men), or they become entirely subservient to the woman who chooses, for whatever reason, to have sex with them ( they are "pussy whipped").

And so, the short answer is: whomever is the sexual applicant, rather than the person who decides. It's very much an easier thing to say " I will not fuck you.", or "I will fuck you" than it is to ask " would you fuck me?" The latter requires risk, regardless of sexuality.

Edited by Haffenreffer (10/10/12 11:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: Haffenreffer]
    #17008929 -

You missed the nuance of my post.  Of course women can have the option to fuck crappier guys, but they want to fuck better guys just as guys want to fuck better girls.  Women arguably have even less power as they sociologically have to wait around to be asked to fuck/asked out.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17009088 -

The real problem is that better and crappier are subjective and individual women want different things.

Some want an athletic and build body, some want someone who can make them laugh, some chase after fame, some chase after "true" love, etc.

As for the poll:

STAL and I think both are equally affected though perhaps in different ways. Girls really do not handle rejection well, but men don't handle it as well as people would like to believe either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17009167 -

All We Perceive said:
You missed the nuance of my post.  Of course women can have the option to fuck crappier guys, but they want to fuck better guys just as guys want to fuck better girls.  Women arguably have even less power as they sociologically have to wait around to be asked to fuck/asked out.



I feel like I  have, in a way,sorry for my misapprehension. However, your prompt seems to assume that women are passive. Generally, they are not, being that they go to college, have careers, ect.  I have some exceptions within your initial question. A woman has two suitors. One is a highly paid man with 5% body fat, a job as a lawyer, and a relatively stable family, set of friends, etc. He has gone for every type of opportunity that would make him attractive to the opposite sex, but he is unstimulating, unchallenging, and sensible.All he desperately wants is regular sex. The other is a dumpy, but charismatic guy who is able to make the girl laugh, make her feel good, but he is a "low attaining" loser, who engages the woman intellectually. In either case, the woman's choice would not affect her ability to provide for herself. Who does she go for?

Regardless, I feel your OP makes assumptions about how women act. Honestly, I'm in a relationship with a girl who's a bit sharper than me, and has a quite a bt more motivation.She's gonna do pretty well regardless of my presence in her life. I'm still going to the gym and getting swoll, but it's because she has spurred me into action. Honestly, I feel the original question comes from antiquated assumptions of gender roles.
EDIT: The end of my previous post still applies, however. It's the person who puts their own feelings on the line that has more to lose.

Edited by Haffenreffer (10/10/12 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17009182 -

I would vote STAL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Who do you think is more psychologically harmed from sexual rejection [Re: All We Perceive]
    #17014957 -

All We Perceive said:
I don't work for pussy.  :shrug:  I have never and will never lick a pussy because I "worked for it."  :ilold:  So when a girl gets naked in front of you, you aren't turned on?  Takes a bit more for most females.  It's like biological.  :pipesmoke:



You're right. Women are not making men a favor by choosing to fucking us. we are both (women and men) getting a benefit from sex.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Gay marriage
( 1 2 all )
basqueshaman 1,098 20 08/21/18 02:10 AM
by koraks

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Shroomism, automan, yogabunny, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
938 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.063 seconds spending 0.039 seconds on 25 queries.