Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers
    #16803933 -

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/7/3299969/mma-renzo-gracie-twitter-takes-out-2-alleged-muggers-new-york
some pics in link

Quote:
Late last night, UFC veteran and MMA legend, Renzo Gracie sent out a bunch of twitter updates detailing his night as he 'dealt' with 2 alleged muggers at the streets of New York City. According to the 6th degree BJJ Black Belt, 2 men started following him for a few blocks at roughly around 3 a.m. ET, and things didn't end up well for them.

In a nutshell, Gracie eventually decided to take out both guys, while live tweeting about it at the same time.

I'm not sure what's more interesting, that two guys decided to target a life long martial artist, or Renzo taking them out while simultaneously tweeting about it. Check out how everything unfolded according to his twitter feed:

    22nd street and 10th ave right now two guys following me, can't help but have a big smile upon my face Im talking about a happy one ;-))))

    Waiting for them... Are they really thinking I'm drunk??? They have to be kidding. Hahahaha

    25th and 10ave ;-) they are getting closer lol ;-)

    I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can't lie... My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil

    JiuJitsu ;-))) never leave home without it ;-) pic.twitter.com/bBJtLtVb

    Please hold there for just a couple minutes ;-) be right back

    They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret ;-) lol can't help but have a smile in my face. I don't smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile

Renzo stops tweeting for about 20 minutes, and that's apparently when things started to escalate. Read everything after the jump.


    My hands hurt... Can't help but look at him the other one took off running, not much of a friend. Chicken :undecided: I can still see him, he looks Back as he runs, no chance to catch him... Even though I began to try to run after him, I realize How slow I was. Fuck it :undecided://

    This one asks me why did I do that, pretending to be stupid, one little kick to the ribs makes him whine and apologize, as I'm writing this.

    I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can't help but have a big smile upon my face, and .. The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. Fucking cunt cries like a bitch when the tide turns..

    I can't help but take a pic as his nose bleeds and he wines and asks why did I do that... Like he doesn't know the reason...

    My fucking hands hurt, hurt like hell...

    Drove around two blocks... The other fellow disappear, I'm heading home... Angry for not finding the second one. Guess no sleeping tonight.

    I knew it ;-) yessss

About 30 minutes later, Renzo apparently found the 2nd guy:

    There is basic things like you don't come back to where the problem was.. You just don't, I knew he would, just going around the block would Be enough... Dumb f%#^ I just gave him the old style Raccoon, it has been a while since the last time I did.. Choke him out 3 times...

    And before he woke up I did hit each eye socket at least twice, tomorrow he will wake up like a raccoon, and every time he woke up I was... Whispering at his ears.. That's what death feels like it.. Don't do that again. My fucking hand hurts, :undecided: a lot

    Next time I will use only the elbows, damn I miss that feeling, sometimes I wonder if the easy life has been making me Soft.. All those years in Brazil, without knowing if I would make it home had to count for something, I can't lie I could have jump in a cab But I could not help, I could spot them from a mile away, walking was my option, thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun in our... Beautiful state, my lucky day, their bad day... My hand hurts and @FrankieEdgar is here at 9:30am for some training, shoot damn little guy

    Could not take a second pic guys sorry, believe I try, as I reach for my iPhone he almost took off :undecided: fast mofo




funny story but stupid mma fighter incriminated himself.  the one i highlighted in red is beyond self defense.

I kind of hope he gets into some shit for this...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_]
    #16803948 -

i hope he doesnt. thats badass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Atheist] * 3
    #16803973 -

any man with 1/2 a brain would diffuse the situation then use the cell phone you were tweeting on to call authorities or diffuse the situation and just walk away.

not stalk one for half an hour, choke him out, then proceed to give the guy 2 black eyes when he is unconscious...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_]
    #16803974 -

You hope he gets into shit? Damn. I think he is awesome. Fuck people trying to mug/gang up on people. If it was someone else it could of been bad for them. This will make them think twice before doing that shit again.

Definitely was past self defense but I could care less, they got what was coming.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Uzziel]
    #16804111 -

yeah muggers are low lives but baiting people in and tweeting about it is idiotic.  he could have just kept walking and not pretended he was drunk...

Quote:
They are coming closer, asking for a cigaret ;-) lol can't help but have a smile in my face. I don't smoke. Pretend to wobble. They smile



i just picture him standing there tweeting and 2 guys are like hey can we get a smoke.  then renzo being like 'let me just finish this text.'

*puts phone in pocket*
*POW**POW**WHACK*

IMO this situation could have easily been avoided but Renzo was looking for a fight.
Quote:
I just stop to take a pic, they pretend they are looking at the window, can't lie... My blood runs in a different speed, man I miss Brazil



Yeah Rio is one of the most dangerous places...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Uzziel]
    #16804231 -

Uzziel said:
You hope he gets into shit? Damn. I think he is awesome. Fuck people trying to mug/gang up on people. If it was someone else it could of been bad for them. This will make them think twice before doing that shit again.

Definitely was past self defense but I could care less, they got what was coming.



:billymaythumbup:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Nifflerz]
    #16804472 -

Jon Jones did something similar the day he beat Shogun for the title and just recently James McSweeney (fighter from The Ultimate Fighter 10) stopped an armed robbery.

Alot of people think that MMA and many other martial arts are not suitable to real life situations, but I disagree. I did BJJ for a couple years and in my line of work (pub manager), it has proven itself absolutely vital at times. I have dislocated the shoulder of a patron who attacked me via kimura and I have choked unconscious a patron who punched my boss and bit me on the hand (still have the scar from that one!) via rear naked choke. That's not mentioning all the other scuffles where I have used techniques to diffuse fights and forcebly remove troublesome customers from the premises.

I don't really see why Renzo was live tweeting all this though, seem's like a bit of a silly thing to do. If I had people following me, I wouldn't pull my phone out and start using it. I would be keeping close tabs and attention on where they are in relation to where I am and what else is going on around me. It's called situational awareness!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Jordy]
    #16804591 -

Quote:
I don't really see why Renzo was live tweeting all this though, seem's like a bit of a silly thing to do. If I had people following me, I wouldn't pull my phone out and start using it. I would be keeping close tabs and attention on where they are in relation to where I am and what else is going on around me. It's called situational awareness!!



:billymaythumbup:

Let's observe the facts.

2 people followed him for a total of 3 blocks.
He mentions no threatening advances made towards him at any time (hell the article says ALLEGED muggers)

do muggers normally wear collard shirts?


i'm sorry but all y'all are idiots if you think this instance of vigilante justice (if justice Even needed to be served) is right.  Hell he went searching for the other guy just to kick his ass...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_]
    #16804596 -

both him and the muggers sound like cunts, the mma guy is also a dick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: druqs]
    #16804669 -

lol @ collared shirts


What's a muggers uniform?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_]
    #16804703 -

bait_ said:
Quote:
I don't really see why Renzo was live tweeting all this though, seem's like a bit of a silly thing to do. If I had people following me, I wouldn't pull my phone out and start using it. I would be keeping close tabs and attention on where they are in relation to where I am and what else is going on around me. It's called situational awareness!!



:billymaythumbup:

Let's observe the facts.

2 people followed him for a total of 3 blocks.
He mentions no threatening advances made towards him at any time (hell the article says ALLEGED muggers)



Quote:
    I ask him if he was planing to rob me, he says no. All he wanted was a cigarette, lol I can't help but have a big smile upon my face, and .. The certainty that if it was an ordinary man he would be sad about his stolen goods. Fucking cunt cries like a bitch when the tide turns.



Yeah, it doesn't sound much like they actually got as far as trying to rob him, assuming that was even their intent. In any case, hitting someone while they're knocked out is pretty cowardly IMO, and posting on the internet that you have done that is just idiotic.

Quote:
do muggers normally wear collard shirts?



What do they normally wear?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Apostle]
    #16804709 -

ok a weak point i admit but still.. i bet the dude's shirt who ran away not only had a collar that was popped but was also salmon in color.

and this is a muggers uniform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Apostle]
    #16804782 -

BJJ is not the art I'd want memorized if I were in a street or prison fight.  Krav Maga is best for no-holds barred contact that requires resolution of deadly episodes in 3-10 seconds tops.


BJJ is useless 2v1.  Tae Kwan Do is more useful but very restrictive with leg movements.

Boxing and wrestling avoid the vitals like trachea, balls, asshole/sphincter, breaking of fingers, gouging of eyes, etc.





This guy sounds like a total douchebag.







http://www.realfighting.com/content.php?id=109


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_] * 3
    #16804796 -

Quote:
thank you mayor Giuliani, nobody carries a gun



:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: bait_]
    #16804798 -

I mean if they weren't trying to mug him, he is seriously an ass, and I agree. I kind of just read through it fast and assumed they tried to mug him.

Pretty weird though. It was at 3 am though, and 2 guys asking for a cig after following you for 30 mins? That is sketchy. Why would you be downtown at 3 am if you don't have enough money to buy your own cigs?

Pretty weird all around, but he definitely wasn't too bright for tweeting about it. He definitely implicated himself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Uzziel]
    #16804815 -

On my way to work yesterday I saw a panhandler begging by the road with a sign in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I told him his sign should say "Please help feed my nicotine addiction"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Uzziel]
    #16804883 -

they didn't follow him for 30 min.  they were following him from ~22nd street to ~25th street... a total of 3 blocks.

they may of had money but maybe there were no stores in the area open?

google street view

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: SWEDEN]
    #16804886 -

SWEDEN said:
On my way to work yesterday I saw a panhandler begging by the road with a sign in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I told him his sign should say "Please help feed my nicotine addiction"



haha!  That guy is a tard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: SWEDEN]
    #16804907 -

Quote:
On my way to work yesterday I saw a panhandler begging by the road with a sign in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I told him his sign should say "Please help feed my nicotine addiction"






You sound like a totally not nice fellow.


:feelsbadman:


--------------------

Edited by Humility (09/07/12 12:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: MMA Legend Renzo Gracie Live Tweets As He Takes Out 2 Alleged Muggers [Re: Humility]
    #16804917 -

Actually, he was being nice. 

He was possibly changing the homeless man's life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Which MMA fighter are you?
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 2,288 29 10/15/05 02:12 PM
by nonoman
* Gracie (UFC) on ESPN2 - Quite Frankly Nashbar 338 3 05/12/06 09:13 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Carlson Gracie died this morning *DELETED* blink 471 5 02/01/06 07:19 PM
by spud
* Weird Google Searches In Quotes That Actually Return Hits "Tweet Tweet Motherfucker Tweet Tweet" johnm214 707 1 03/03/09 12:58 AM
by Entropymancer
* Legend of a Mind kosmic_charlie 930 3 03/17/03 09:21 AM
by Learyfan
* Anyone read the racist tweets by this Jenny Hyun girl Gmo 1,915 14 02/19/12 08:33 PM
by Konyap
* Feds saving all tweets forever Oldgregg 255 4 12/08/11 12:50 AM
by All We Perceive
* I want to start a MMA event at my college Jadian 873 11 11/06/06 03:21 PM
by Jadian

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,286 topic views. 1 members, 27 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.