Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer?
    #16693760 -

Will he/she be obligated to report me to an authority figure?  Most of my stress comes from my 'job'.

Don't tell me to stop either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16693832 -

I wouldn't do it. I think they are only obligated to tell if you are threatening physical harm to yourself or others, however; ever since 9/11 legislation has been passed that severly limits doctor/patient confidentiality. It's a lot easier for the LEOs to get a warrant for your records & whatnot.

Tread lightly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16694065 -

Lol. What do you tell him you do for work now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16694141 -

There is no therapist/patient privilege recognized in federal court...so you can't tell him/her shit...

Man up and deal with it or quit dealing...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #16694250 -

I always thought they can't say shit unless you threaten to hurt yourself or someone else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #16694485 -

Anonymous #4 said:
There is no therapist/patient privilege recognized in federal court...so you can't tell him/her shit...

Man up and deal with it or quit dealing...



Huh?  Jaffee v. Redmond?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16694570 -

A good troll would start a new thread titled "My patient has told me they sell drugs. Am I ethically obliged to tell the authorities?"

Anon 4, do you have a source for that tidbit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #16694616 -

dont do it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #16694658 -

A threat to hurt someone could be conceived as to sell them drugs.

Think about it. According to some people if you sell drugs then you are threatening to hurt kids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #16694674 -

Yeah part of the stress is from me giving kids heroin.  It's fucked up, yo.  I need help, :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16694705 -

When I was in jail, I was told by any confessor service if I told them of some illegal activity they were duty bound to report it.

Same in your case. You got stress? Smoke weed, and have a good think about things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16694751 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Yeah part of the stress is from me giving kids heroin.  It's fucked up, yo.  I need help, :frown:



Drugs can truly remove your humanity, especially heroin. I've been there, I'm not there now, I'll never go there again.

I hope you can recover man. Don't give kids heroin again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16695428 -

Use your drug connects for fucking psy's man and give them out instead. Heroin ruins lives. Psy's make them........ ahhhh more colorful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #16698792 -

What if I told you that I specifically dealt in psych's?  I understand the tool of psychs but my problems are stemmed from something deeper than I can't retrieve on high doses of shrooms, lsd, or ayahuasca.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16698798 -

Anonymous #3 said:
Anonymous #1 said:
Yeah part of the stress is from me giving kids heroin.  It's fucked up, yo.  I need help, :frown:



Drugs can truly remove your humanity, especially heroin. I've been there, I'm not there now, I'll never go there again.

I hope you can recover man. Don't give kids heroin again.




I was kidding. lol.  H is the last thing I'll ever vend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16698847 -

Anonymous #1 said:
What if I told you that I specifically dealt in psych's?  I understand the tool of psychs but my problems are stemmed from something deeper than I can't retrieve on high doses of shrooms, lsd, or ayahuasca.



BS, there is nothing too deep for psychedelics to retrieve.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #16700626 -

I think future or ongoing criminal activity is grounds for breaking confidentiality. I am sure some would not... but is it worth it?

One way is to hint at it, without saying it directly.

"Maybe sometimes, when I need a little money, I help a friend get in touch with someone who can get them a little something... if you know what I mean...?"


If they ask questions, say you'd like to elaborate but you don't want to put them in an awkward legal position.

Make sure the language is vague and makes it sound like it is IN THE PAST.

That should allow you to talk a little while retaining some measure of legal protection.

Be safe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #16700653 -

they'll call the cops on you for sure, psychiatrists are pretty square, they dont need that kind of information anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16703977 -

it would be a violation of doctor/client confidentiality. they can only report you if you present as a threat to yourself or others, and I think abuse of children or something. definitely not drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What if I confess to my psychologist/therapist that I am a drug dealer? [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #16704448 -

Anonymous #14 said:
it would be a violation of doctor/client confidentiality. they can only report you if you present as a threat to yourself or others, and I think abuse of children or something. definitely not drugs.





I think this is actually close to, but not entirely correct. You see... due to the nature of drugs and drug use, and especially drug DEALING, I am pretty sure a good many psychiatrists could spin it in their own mind (and possibly that of a sympathetic judge) that certain drug-related criminal activities could constitute possible harm to one's self or other members of the community.


And TBH,some drug-related criminal activities DO constituete possible harm, IMHO. So I would not bank on that. If OP really needs to get this off their chest to a professional, I would personally follow guidelines as I laid out above, at the least.

Edited by Anonymous (08/15/12 12:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
2,640 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.