Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. * 2
    #16620447 -

The rapper says he underwent a spiritual and artistic rebirth while in Jamaica where he was given the new moniker by Rastafarian priests.

Legally he isn't any sort of animal, of course, but must go by the name Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion"

Mr Broadus Jr told journalists at a news conference in New York.
"I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

The 40-year-old said as a result of his reincarnation, his new album will be a reggae record as he finds rap no longer "a challenge."
“There comes a point where you say I done it all, or there isn’t much more to do,” he said. “This was like a rebirth for me.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f--- with me in rap ... I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

“I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated. I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn’t have my third eye open, but its wide open right now.”
Broadus Jr is currently working on his fifth album, Reincarnated, which is strictly a reggae project.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/snoop-no-longer-a-dogg-now-a-lion/story-e6frfn09-1226439599529


Edited by Dorian Gray (07/31/12 04:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray] * 1
    #16620461 -

:ilold:


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: The Phleg]
    #16620490 -

can't tell if the Austrailians are fucking with me again.

Jahizzle with my ganjawizzle?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16620494 -

Holy shit, this is either

a) Real, in which case I'm getting the reincarnated album
b) A really, really elaborate prank. One that has me convinced this is real. I want it to be real.



--------------------

Edited by Visionary Tools (07/31/12 04:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16620495 -

Everyone in the world is just trippin' balls now


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16620496 -

Snoop Lion just doesn't have the same ring though


--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16620498 -

He's done it all?

Last couple tracks I heard him on, derp derp derp.

Not looking forward to his reagae.

What a :derp:


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #16620500 -

:awenuhuh:


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: zZZz]
    #16620769 -

Jah bump :potleaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray] * 2
    #16620785 -

:rastana:






No but really I hope this sinks his career, dumb sellout fuck. Sounds like a white teenager who got lost on vacation in Jamaica and wandered into a Rasta tent


--------------------


A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray] * 1
    #16620791 -

I guess that's one way to get his name in the press since his hip-hop isn't doing him any favors these days.
I won't be checking out his reggae either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: abltsandwich] * 1
    #16620813 -

i just underwent a spiritual awakening while watching the olympics and now shall be referred to as soulidarity condor from hence forth


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray]
    #16620825 -

I plan on checking this out, just because Doggystyle was an amazing album.  Sure, that was almost 20 years ago and his stuff since then hasn't been nearly as good.  Even if it sucks, Snoop is still the man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray]
    #16620838 -

Dorian Gray said:
The rapper says he underwent a spiritual and artistic rebirth while in Jamaica where he was given the new moniker by Rastafarian priests.

Legally he isn't any sort of animal, of course, but must go by the name Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion"

Mr Broadus Jr told journalists at a news conference in New York.
"I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

The 40-year-old said as a result of his reincarnation, his new album will be a reggae record as he finds rap no longer "a challenge."
“There comes a point where you say I done it all, or there isn’t much more to do,” he said. “This was like a rebirth for me.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f--- with me in rap ... I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

“I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated. I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn’t have my third eye open, but its wide open right now.”
Broadus Jr is currently working on his fifth album, Reincarnated, which is strictly a reggae project.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/snoop-no-longer-a-dogg-now-a-lion/story-e6frfn09-1226439599529





If indeed they gave him that name, Snoop Lion, then he should by all means use it.  However, that is something you just can't come out and call yourself.  Well maybe some idiot rappers who don't understand the connotation of the Word Lion and the Rastafarian Faith.

I just hope he didn't go off and convert to be a Rasta to worship King Haile Selassie I as the second coming of Christ.  I have a big problem with that.

Hope he starts reading some Marcus Garvey too if he's had this Awakening.


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Its Pat] * 1
    #16620964 -

First song as Snoop Lion


Edited by Dorian Gray (07/31/12 08:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Its Pat]
    #16621122 -

Initial reaction was "what the hell does Marcus Garvey have to do with Rastas"? Had to go skim his Wiki bio, interesting that they regard him as a prophet when he was a Methodist/Catholic who presumably wouldn't approve of that sort of thing.


--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Dorian Gray]
    #16621159 -

Dorian Gray said:
First song as Snoop Lion





:cultureclash:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #16621171 -

Snoop lion :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: NizzyJones]
    #16621182 -

That name is just... uncool. It's something a twelve year old might think up. Maybe he'll call himself "Snoop Frog" in his next incarnation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual rebirth in Jamaica. [Re: user1837483975] * 4
    #16621225 -

I think it's safe to say he's having a mid-life crisis.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Question about the new Snoop Dogg show...... LearyfanS 1,852 14 06/17/03 01:46 PM
by Learyfan
* OMG! Snoop Dogg....... sui 510 1 01/06/06 05:19 PM
by dblaney
* Snoop Dogg has offered to solve Britain's growing gang problem Ego Death 1,112 11 10/31/07 03:32 PM
by Thin White Duke
* Snoop on 4/20 HSIHd 434 1 03/18/06 07:41 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Last night's trip changed my life SoulSurfer 2,436 13 11/26/03 01:57 PM
by Ripple
* Big change in my life coming up filthysock 1,055 15 03/24/04 06:56 PM
by shriek
* Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight GlassOnion 1,234 6 05/20/05 02:25 AM
by MikeOLogical
* Phish covering Snoop! lovelight 764 7 08/28/04 08:25 AM
by grassman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,404 topic views. 3 members, 22 guests and 77 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.