Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15290518 -

Notwoodyallen said:
And by "they have great music", are you referring to post-rock/prog-rock and related "indie" music?
Your music labling makes little  sense. post-rock? pish-ahh
Wilco, for example, I always see called hipster, the Cribs, Pomegranates. Indie is just a lable thing. I dunno, its ass retarded...


holy shit:rofl:



Don't be so nitpicky. The "semantic" card is just as overplayed as our circle jerk about hipsters.

By it's very definition, language is vague, ambiguous, and open ended. Think about the word 'chair':

"Hahahaha! Dude, 'chair' is just a label! There are arm chairs, patio chairs, recliners, bar stools, and potty chairs!"

We can do this with any word.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15290529 -

Notwoodyallen said:
And by "they have great music", are you referring to post-rock/prog-rock and related "indie" music?
Your music labling makes little  sense. post-rock? pish-ahh
Wilco, for example, I always see called hipster, the Cribs, Pomegranates. Indie is just a lable thing. I dunno, its ass retarded...


holy shit:rofl:



They're not "my labels".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock (e.g. God Is An Astronaut, Explosions In The Sky, Irepress, 65daysofstatic, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, etc.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prog-rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_rock

:themoreyouknow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290587 -

Rivers and Roads said:
Don't be so nitpicky. The "semantic" card is just as overplayed as our circle jerk about hipsters.

By it's very definition, language is vague, ambiguous, and open ended.



Quote:
lan·guage
   /ˈlæŋgwɪdʒ/ Show Spelled[lang-gwij] Show IPA
noun
4. any set or system of such symbols as used in a more or less uniform fashion by a number of people, who are thus enabled to communicate intelligibly with one another.



:bigjoint:


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: quinn]
    #15290601 -

Sweet. You gotta teach me how to use Google one of these days. :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290635 -

but how can you learn to use google without googling how to use google?

:header:


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: quinn]
    #15290663 -

quinn said:
but how can you learn to use google without googling how to use google?

:header:





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290689 -

you have learnt quickly my child.

next you must learn the ways of the wiki.

and then you will be, a complete human being.

:brucelee:


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: quinn]
    #15290726 -

What about WolframAlpha, TED, Reddit, Vice, Deoxy, Science Daily, and Vimeo?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads] * 1
    #15290745 -

Rivers and Roads said:
What about WolframAlpha, TED, Reddit, Vice, Deoxy, Science Daily, and Vimeo?





UNEDUMACATED, UNRELIABLE HIPSTER GARBAGE :kingcrankey:

4chan is the only credible source of esoteric knowledge in the world. :learyharvard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290756 -

aghhh you have surpassed me...



i knew this day would come :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: quinn]
    #15290832 -

All I know is I'm smarter and more well informed than all of you guys. You probably haven't even heard of the sites I visit. I even know some people. You should check out my blog. :tongue2:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290856 -

Rivers and Roads said:
All I know is I'm smarter and more well informed than all of you guys. You probably haven't even heard of the sites I visit. I even know some people. You should check out my blog. :tongue2:





:loldongs::trollmove:

Is this your alleged blog? http://deoxy.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15290885 -

Dude, I wrote that whole website.

It's heady.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15291134 -

Admittedly, it is pretty heady and contains some interesting reading material.

That still doesn't crown you as "smarter and more well informed" than the rest of us.  :beardhat:

Egotistical, much?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15291147 -

sunset_mission said:
Admittedly, it is pretty heady and contains some interesting reading material.

That still doesn't crown you as "smarter and more well informed" than the rest of us.  :beardhat:

Egotistical, much?




That's the joke, sport.

Need help with your homework?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15291171 -

So do you really have a blog?


I might just read it
:Trollface:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15291188 -

Rivers and Roads said:
sunset_mission said:
Admittedly, it is pretty heady and contains some interesting reading material.

That still doesn't crown you as "smarter and more well informed" than the rest of us.  :beardhat:

Egotistical, much?




That's the joke, sport.

Need help with your homework?



I'm fine twerp, thanks for the offer. You could put all your skills to good use and shine my shoes, however. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15291219 -

Why a brother gotta spit shine your shoes?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15291274 -

Breaking news! People are following fashion trends! Stay with this thread for more exciting developments on how some people are dressing and behaving like other people, and how other people don't like it!

The video was annoying and it wasn't because of the hipsters


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #15291312 -

Sugar ants have taken interest in my laptop.
How would a hipster deter such vermin?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization - refutation truekimbo2 1,626 9 09/07/08 10:48 AM
by hazey
* annoying hipster douchbag UtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs 568 19 05/17/10 08:33 PM
by Epilson Lyrae
* why do "hipsters" say theyre not hipsters
( 1 2 3 all )
Sheekle 5,598 49 06/07/12 07:25 PM
by Envix
* Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 4,345 39 09/09/08 03:25 PM
by Boots
* Ah, the glory of the hipster subculture
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ViolentFemme 6,936 70 06/27/10 11:37 PM
by cosmo123
* Do hipsters know that ironic isn't funny, anymore? Post your dumb hipster pics! CaptainAhab 3,103 13 12/19/10 03:13 AM
by phish_phreak
* Fuck I'm stuck at a hipster house
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
I_was_the_walrus 6,541 87 07/04/12 02:40 PM
by halo
* Look at this F*cking hipster
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
spitpants 13,044 359 03/17/10 01:03 PM
by MisterMuscaria

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,215 topic views. 1 members, 32 guests and 182 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.