Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Interview with Hipsters.
    #15290133 -

If intentionally distasteful fashion has been the new iconic fashion, then what's the next trend? I'm pretty sure the planet will implode soon, and it's disappearance will vibrate at 92.7 decibels... which is the irritating frequency of the squawking sound that escapes a dead horse's anus when you beat it. Over and over.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290226 -

ahh labels...like high school

Edited by Notwoodyallen (10/28/11 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15290235 -

At least in high school they can spell label.

:cookiemonster:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290249 -

What's a nukka got to do to get regularly jeans?

No, I don't want faded lines going through them, nor shiny parts or any other shit, just give me plain jeans.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #15290252 -

Jimtown said:
What's a nukka got to do to get regularly jeans?

No, I don't want faded lines going through them, nor shiny parts or any other shit, just give me plain jeans.



How about the ones with holes and patches on them for $80?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads]
    #15290273 -

Love 'em, got a set of regular jeans in the charity shops for like 4e, hard to find good stuff there though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Rivers and Roads] * 4
    #15290277 -

yep hipster bashing is a pretty dead horse alright


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: quinn]
    #15290302 -


hipsters on hipsters


--------------------
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun

take drugs seriously
say no to :guns:
dealing isn't a game guns shouldn't be a part--- PSA

also, the forum index symbole is the above the influence symbol. what up with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #15290329 -

:beatadeadhorse:

The best thing to do in regards to hipsters, is simply refuse to acknowledge their existence and maybe, y'know, not make an internet thread about them. (most would agree they're not thread-worthy)

On a brighter note, I'll be sure to avoid Williamsburg, Parkslope, and Bushwick as long as I live in NYC. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15290355 -

The interviewer was more of a tool than the interviewees.

If humans can really be equated by such superficial things.  :oldman:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #15290368 -

Hipsters are like weird Frankenstein Barbie & Ken dolls that somehow (read: unfortunately) gained self-awareness, inflated senses of ego, misguided and shameful faux-artsy interests and horrible fashion sense. (i.e. abominations to mankind)

I wonder how many are occupying Wall Street because it's the in thing to do now? :strokebeard3:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15290386 -

Hipsters are like weird Frankenstein Barbie & Ken dolls that somehow (read: unfortunately) gained self-awareness, inflated senses of ego, misguided and shameful faux-artsy interests and horrible fashion sense. (i.e. abominations to mankind)
ya, because they all have no style and are the same:rolleyes:
they have great music


--------------------
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun

take drugs seriously
say no to :guns:
dealing isn't a game guns shouldn't be a part--- PSA

also, the forum index symbole is the above the influence symbol. what up with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15290406 -

Notwoodyallen said:
they have great music





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: Notwoodyallen]
    #15290415 -

I'm just being an ass and like to take the occasional jab or two at them whenever the opportunity arises. :smilingpuppy:

I've never actually known a hipster and probably never will, nor would I want to.

And by "they have great music", are you referring to post-rock/prog-rock and related "indie" music?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15290438 -

I was gonna say something in hipsters defense because all the ones I've known have been pretty cool, but the ones in the video look more hipster than I could handle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission]
    #15290452 -

I really cold care less about how someone dresses, but the overall attitude and lack of personality hipsters ACTUALLY have is pretty annoying. It seems they have to attach themselves to something because they just don't have an identity of their own.

Then again that's kind of like every fad. Hopefully it will resolve itself.


oh and by the way...

Quote:
If intentionally distasteful fashion has been the new iconic fashion



It's kind of recycled since this basically sums up the 80's


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15290477 -

I don't hate anyone or criticize any style or way of life.

The only thing I really see as a red flag for a lack of sincerity is the drive to define yourself by purchases and accessories. Appearances are probably more important than we'd all like to admit, for sure. But I think it says more when your attitude and behavior delivers the message, rather than a pre-made short cut with some item, cloth, or symbol that you hang on your body.

:shrug:

Don't worry. The faux Buddhists aren't exempt either...



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: sunset_mission] * 4
    #15290485 -

my friend was bitten by a hipster last summer.

at first it wasnt serious. he just occasionally rode a bike.

but by the time his glasses had doubled and his sarcasm had tripled i knew he was a goner.

although devoid of emotion and only capable of emitting ironic grunts, he still looked like my old buddy.

wasnt easy putting him down with the double barrel.

:zombie3:


--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15290500 -

And by "they have great music", are you referring to post-rock/prog-rock and related "indie" music?
Your music labling makes little  sense. post-rock? pish-ahh
Wilco, for example, I always see called hipster, the Cribs, Pomegranates. Indie is just a lable thing. I dunno, its ass retarded...


holy shit:rofl:


--------------------
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun

take drugs seriously
say no to :guns:
dealing isn't a game guns shouldn't be a part--- PSA

also, the forum index symbole is the above the influence symbol. what up with that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interview with Hipsters. [Re: shadowplay]
    #15290507 -



























THUG LIFE :snoop:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization - refutation truekimbo2 1,626 9 09/07/08 10:48 AM
by hazey
* annoying hipster douchbag UtOpiaN-MiNdStAtEs 568 19 05/17/10 08:33 PM
by Epilson Lyrae
* why do "hipsters" say theyre not hipsters
( 1 2 3 all )
Sheekle 5,598 49 06/07/12 07:25 PM
by Envix
* Hipster: The Dead End of Western Civilization
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 4,345 39 09/09/08 03:25 PM
by Boots
* Ah, the glory of the hipster subculture
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ViolentFemme 6,936 70 06/27/10 11:37 PM
by cosmo123
* Do hipsters know that ironic isn't funny, anymore? Post your dumb hipster pics! CaptainAhab 3,103 13 12/19/10 03:13 AM
by phish_phreak
* Fuck I'm stuck at a hipster house
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
I_was_the_walrus 6,541 87 07/04/12 02:40 PM
by halo
* Look at this F*cking hipster
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
spitpants 13,044 359 03/17/10 01:03 PM
by MisterMuscaria

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,215 topic views. 4 members, 9 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.