Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The flaming lips, red rocks, primus, drugs and a story of epic times had * 1
    #14877608 -

I went to LA last Saturday and watched the LA Rising show with muse and Rage against the machine (the night before i saw a perfect circle in sacramento).  That shit was pretty cool.  Not sure how many people were there but that place was packed.  Muse puts on a good show, the rage show kinda sucked by comparison.  When Rage went on the speakers cut out twice but after that it was ok, just not fucking loud enough.  Zach also seemed to lack the anger and angst of old.  After that i flew over to denver and camped out with a tool army crew.  I met five of my friends at the airport and we dosed some mushrooms and some mdma there while we waited hours for our ride.  Got the camp and chilled with some other old friends I hadn't seen since january.  Basically we did a bunch of psychedelics and stayed up for like 3 days straight.  We watched an A perfect Circle show at red rocks on tuesday night then on Wednesday night was THE night.  Primus played first then the Flaming Lips played Darkside of the Moon.  IT WAS FUCKING EPIC!  I mean literally one of the most epic things i have ever experienced.  I dosed 1 gram of mushrooms at about 10 am and had the most intense trip of my life.  I felt like i touched the hand of god.  It was like 95 degrees out.  I was in a tent laying on an air mattress.  I stayed in there from about noon to 5 pm.  It was a make shift sweat lodge.  I saw the light of the God within.  It was sooo beautiful and peaceful.  I cried for like 2 hours while this was going on.  I was also sweating profusely too.  When I got up and stumbled out of the tent the sky was divided.  Part of it was rainy and nasty and the other part was perfectly clear and sunny.  Cops were around telling campers that there's a tornado coming.  We all started freaking out as it started to rain.  It rained for like 10 minutes then cleared out.  So we got ready for the Primus show.  It was about this time that I was told that it is actually Primus opening for Flaming Lips.  Mind you, i had NO idea at the time of what was to come with the flaming lips show.  So when i found out primus was playing first I was like "WTF!?"  We preshowed at the venue.  I saw people openly selling acid, mdma, and some edibles.  All of which i already had enough of (plus enough mushrooms for 20 people for three days).  :lol:  Anyway, we get there and have seats in row 28, which i was really happy about.  However, when we got there we just went in to row 15 and just stood there.  It was fucking dead center and we actually managed to get 6 of us into the VIP area.  We had such a great stage view, obviously.  During Primus I took a hit of acid.  So did my 4 of my friends.  It was the first time three of us had taken acid.  AND this has been the plan since April.  As the show progressed I kept waiting for some crazy visuals to start happening but I wasn't really feeling the perception changes I had anticipated.  So I took a second hit.  The primus show finished and we all sat and waited and smoked some pot.  It took about 40-50 minutes between sets.  We all kept laughing at the fucking stage set up for the lips.  We had no idea.  no idea.  Then the lights went out.  Wayne Coyne came out and said basically the following, "OK guys, thanks for coming!  We're going to go backstage for a minute now and when we come back there's going to be a lot of bright strobe lights, you might want to look away at times if you're prone to seizures. Then I am going to get into my space bubble and I am going to try to make it up to the center of you guys!  Basically, since it's such a huge incline, I'm really really going to need your help.  I am going to go up the right side there then over a bit to the left of center and back down.  But I really need you to help with this since it's like a 50 percent incline.  You also remember how the wizard of oz synches up with dark side of the moon?  Well we are going to be showing you both of those things tonight!" The show was billed as the Flaming Lips Performing Darkside of the Moon.  This Wizard of oz was a nice addition that was completely unexpected.  Then this happened........

Seriously watch this....:lol:  (I didn't record any of these)


Skip to about 9:25 for the continuation into breathe


During the song breathe they were fucking pumping something into the audience.  It smelled weird, kinda like gun powder.  It was being fucking blown right into us, artificially. 

The great gig in the sky...my god this was epic!


Money...


Us and them...


Us and them straight into Any colour you'd like (this was from bonnaroo)

epic!

brain damage...


The end of the show they played 'Do you realize'.  It was an original song of theirs i had never heard.  This video is from a different festival but it shows you how cool their shows are with all the confetti and the balls/balloons. 


During the show all of us were laughing hysterically while dancing.  That lasted the entire show.  I felt like we were all just going to collapse in sheer ecstasy at multiple points during the show.  That's basically what happened after the show was over.  This was definitely the climax of an almost week long trip that had been planned since late march/early april.  They also played several wizard of oz covers too.  including we're off to see the wizard, if i only had a brain, and march of the winkies.  All of which was epic!


Those three pics were from LA Rising.  There were up to 16 mosh pits going on at a single time.  Several of them had fucking fire in the center.  People were lighting shit on fire and dancing around it.  I mean BIG fire.  In that second pic you can see one of them.  At the time i snapped that the fire looked as if it was as several feet above everyone's head around it.  Someone put it out eventually, then it restarted.  It was pretty crazy. 




This was just before sunrise yesterday.  I went down to the lake to watch it and my buddies passed out on the pier so I started to walk back.  I had to walk up a little inline area on the way back.  The sun hadn't broken over the horizon yet.  I turned around and started walking backwards with my face toward turned the sun.  Then I took a single step, and saw the top of the sun poke up.  I took another step and it came up just a little bit more.  And another and another.  I took about 7 steps and the sun was completely up after that.  I think I dosed the acid at about 9 pm the night prior so I was still tripping a little bit.  It was like I was pulling the sun up and it was only me in the world.  It was a very cool experience.

The moral of this story is to go see the flaming lips in concert.  I've been to 16 tool shows, and a bunch of others too, and nothing has ever compared to this lips show.  I doubt I will ever go to a better concert than this last one.  Prior to this I never thought Id go to a better show than tool in 2002, but this definitely tops it.  So now, im a FLIPS fan for life!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-flaming-lips/2011/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-co-43d0978b.html





Here's a review of the lips show with a ton more pictures

edit:
About midway through the show the lead singer was talking about how this was probably the best show in the history of red rocks.  Kind of egotistical but I fucking have no doubts about it being accurate.  I just hope to GOD that they recorded it professionally and release it in dvd form.  if they do i will bump this thread with the link.

Fire mosh pit at la rising...



--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!




I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Edited by FurrowedBrow (08/05/11 04:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The flaming lips, red rocks, primus, drugs and a story of epic times had [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #14877621 -

Flaming lips and Primus are coming to Tulsa tomorrow. I have to work, but hopefully I can make it to some sick after parties.


--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Red Rocks Dead shows ALL NEW! WITH PICTURES!
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 5,819 35 06/26/04 08:39 AM
by Adom
* Dead @ Red Rocks Head Count
( 1 2 all )
kosmic_charlie 3,274 25 07/14/03 10:32 AM
by Ripple
* The Dead ARE PLAYING AT THE RED ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! rosewoodpete 1,172 8 04/26/03 02:15 AM
by thestringphish
* Red Rocks Dead Shows!
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 5,650 46 06/17/04 09:06 PM
by wandrnshaman
* Tomorrow at Red Rocks Cherk 1,281 14 07/07/03 11:00 PM
by purpleberries
* any word about the Dead @ Red Rocks lately? Anonymous 1,208 9 06/20/04 12:49 PM
by Cherk
* camping for Red Rocks Gr8fulJ420 736 6 05/13/04 07:30 PM
by Adom
* Rock concert drug stories! livetoride007 2,452 6 03/04/03 02:42 PM
by Chills420 version2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,150 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 198 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.