Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Iphone.
    #14126291 -

How awesome is the Iphone?
Anyone have att, and have trouble staying within the 2000 mb limit they give you?

Iphone 4 really a lot better than the 3?

I might be buying one, want to know if it's worth the awesomeness, and money.


--------------------

~^*>~.Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit.~^*>~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Eshu]
    #14126295 -

i don't have an iphone but the 5th one is supposed to be a step up but it's not out till the summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: skatealex2]
    #14126324 -

I have the iphone4 from verizon wireless. The unlimited data plan is awesome.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Kada]
    #14126337 -

Yeah, if you have any kind of newer smartphone an unlimited data plan is a must.

I have Verizon, with a Droid, and my data usage is insane.

If I was paying by the MB, I would have thousand dollar phone bills every month.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Kada]
    #14126343 -

i got a 2500mb limit or so and a iphone 3G S.  I never even get close to going over my limit.  I am often at home, school, or the bar, all of which have wi fi so I just use that.  If you are careful about logging onto available wireless networks there is not reason you will go over your limit.  But I guess it just depends on what you are doing on your phone.  If you are youtubing all day its prob different...


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126363 -

I'm just going to be using shroomery, and facebook.

I should be okay right?


--------------------

~^*>~.Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit.~^*>~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Eshu]
    #14126375 -

Eshu said:
I'm just going to be using shroomery, and facebook.

I should be okay right?



Definitely, I have a 3GS and I use the shroomery all the time.  The iPhone facebook app is top notch as well.


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126380 -

I have a 3GS and the 2g Data Plan and I never go even close to over.

If you have Wifi at home and whereever else you spend a lot of time then you should be fine, sometimes I have my wifi off for a long time because I forget and I never have problems. Sometimes you want it off because the network around you sucks and 3G is faster.

On the ATT website there a "Data Plan Calculator" or something that allows you to calculate how much data you need. One of the biggest suckers of data is streaming music or video like Pandora. You can read 20000 emails a month and be totally fine though. So check that out, calculate what you want to be able to use each month and go with that.

Here I just decided to link it

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html


--------------------
"It is only once we've lost everything, we are free to do anything."


Everything I think, say, or do is fictional

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Eshu]
    #14126383 -

Eshu said:
I'm just going to be using shroomery, and facebook.

I should be okay right?



Yeah bro you'll be just fine...


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Drise]
    #14126404 -

Drise said:
I have a 3GS and the 2g Data Plan and I never go even close to over.

If you have Wifi at home and whereever else you spend a lot of time then you should be fine, sometimes I have my wifi off for a long time because I forget and I never have problems. Sometimes you want it off because the network around you sucks and 3G is faster.

On the ATT website there a "Data Plan Calculator" or something that allows you to calculate how much data you need. One of the biggest suckers of data is streaming music or video like Pandora. You can read 20000 emails a month and be totally fine though. So check that out, calculate what you want to be able to use each month and go with that.

Here I just decided to link it

http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/index.html



Hmm, I said I'd look at 500 pages a day and it sky rocketed. I wonder how many pages a day I actually would look at? Hmm


--------------------

~^*>~.Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit.~^*>~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: Eshu]
    #14126424 -

Eshu said:
Iphone 4 really a lot better than the 3?





Well the iPhone 3G S is 50 bucks versus what like $200 for the 4.  Sooooooooooooo...... you tell me :smile: 

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that there is a front camera on the 4 so you can Skype, and many of the new apps are only for the 4.  Other than that not much difference. (I am sure there are more but thats basically all I can tell)


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126437 -

Like any computer upgrades, the new one's have faster processors and more RAM to work with.
Just go to the ATT store and act like you want to buy one. They'll get one out for you to play with
They will also tell you WAY more than you ever wanted to know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126445 -

fbi365 said:
Eshu said:
Iphone 4 really a lot better than the 3?





Well the iPhone 3G S is 50 bucks versus what like $200 for the 4.  Sooooooooooooo...... you tell me :smile: 

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that there is a front camera on the 4 so you can Skype, and many of the new apps are only for the 4.  Other than that not much difference. (I am sure there are more but thats basically all I can tell)



Screen resolution is much higher, processor is much faster, double the RAM, WAY better GPU (this is where it really shines), as well as a camera that takes quite decent pictures with a flash, better speakers/mic - at this point if you were to get a 3GS I'd say you're wasting your money.  At least get the 4, the 5 is gonna be out in a couple months though, and there will be a bigger difference in speed/performance between the 4/5 and 3GS/4.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14126461 -

pwnasaurus said:
fbi365 said:
Eshu said:
Iphone 4 really a lot better than the 3?





Well the iPhone 3G S is 50 bucks versus what like $200 for the 4.  Sooooooooooooo...... you tell me :smile: 

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that there is a front camera on the 4 so you can Skype, and many of the new apps are only for the 4.  Other than that not much difference. (I am sure there are more but thats basically all I can tell)



Screen resolution is much higher, processor is much faster, double the RAM, WAY better GPU (this is where it really shines), as well as a camera that takes quite decent pictures with a flash, better speakers/mic - at this point if you were to get a 3GS I'd say you're wasting your money.  At least get the 4, the 5 is gonna be out in a couple months though, and there will be a bigger difference in speed/performance between the 4/5 and 3GS/4.



I just got a 3 and its rad. I dunno why you would want to spend $200 on a phone unless you're a baller.  That's just me though.  Maybe I'm cheap :frown:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126520 -

The 3GS is pretty decent (the 3G is complete shit, but I assume you're referring to the 3GS), but if I were to sign a 2/3 year contract right now, I wouldn't be getting 2 year out of date hardware with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14126539 -

From slashdot...
Quote:
"Turns out that AT&T may be lying about 4G. The company's two '4G' phones and its '4G' modem don't deliver 4G even by AT&T's own standards. In fact, test results show that the company is delivering '4G' devices that are actually slower than the carrier's own 3G devices. So how can they get away with this? Well, initially the International Telecommunications Union defined 4G as a bunch of super-fast technologies nobody used yet, but the ITU crumbled under pressure from various cell phone companies and now defines 4G as any cellular Internet network that's faster than what was considered the fastest technology in 2009. Between the revised 4G standards and a little fine print in its ads, AT&T is able to legally indemnify itself against the fact that its current 4G claim is totally worthless. While other carriers also claim that they have 4G networks, Verizon's LTE is the only technology which comes close to real 4G."



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Iphone. [Re: fbi365]
    #14126554 -

Unlimited Data is not a must unless you can't stop using the internet when your not around wifi.

iphone 3g sucks and is slow on ios 4 or any of them. 
iPhone 3gs is ok on ios 4. 
iPhone 4 is amazingly smooth on ios 4 plus it has facetime and 2 nice cameras, an amazing 960x480 screen instead of 480x320, and it looks better. 
iPhone 5 will have an A5 1Ghz duel core processes.  Who needs this??  I hate that my ipod 2g is slow but now there making them too fast lol.
Make sure you get a case especially on the 4. 

Jail braking is easy to do on any of them with any os and you can get allot of cool stuff like installous, sbsettings, winterboard, and more.

I would get an iPhone 4 used on ebay after the iPhone 5 comes out (iPhone 5 is a small step up just like the 3GS is to the 3G) and I would unlock it and jailbrake it so I can get this plan...

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-Plan.aspx

40$ for unlimited text and talk. 60$ for unlimited everything!

I'm trying to get an unlocked 32gig 3gs or 4.


--------------------
a teenage girl looking for guidance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Apple admits slowing older iPhones, says it's to prevent "battery issues"
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
musiclover420 3,141 84 01/28/18 06:09 PM
by musiclover420
* Which iPhone should I get???
( 1 2 3 all )
extreme 3,092 49 09/25/13 04:14 PM
by pwnasaurus
* $3000 Iphone Bill BullSHit!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Sterben 5,557 68 04/11/09 11:56 PM
by igwna
* IPHONES FUCKING POPULAR AS FUCK OR WHAT?????
( 1 2 3 all )
Sheekle 3,643 58 12/07/13 01:48 PM
by psi
* cheapest plan for iphone 3g? Satyapriya 553 7 08/02/11 09:07 PM
by Satyapriya
* The iPhone... occollegeboi 1,582 16 02/22/14 12:59 AM
by rackem
* what do you think of the iphone?
( 1 2 all )
skatealex2 1,461 32 08/04/10 11:46 PM
by pwnasaurus
* Just got an iPhone 4S. Mush4Brains 962 19 10/13/13 02:29 AM
by ganjfather

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,631 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 91 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.