Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? * 3
    #13720730 -

What the fuck?

Let me quote something for the petty and vulgar offenders:

Quote:
Reminder: Shroomerites Anonymous is here to encourage honest discussion about sensitive topics. We ask that you do not take advantage of the anonymity to troll or impersonate other members. Depending on the content of your message, there may be another forum which is better suited to your needs. If your post is off-topic, please use Romper Room instead. If you are looking for serious advice about a personal problem, check out Physical and Mental Well-Being. If your post in sexual in nature, you can use Sexuality and Relationships. If you have security concerns, take a look at Security and Safety. Note that it is possible (but not mandatory) to post anonymously in all of these forums.



Hint: it's the rules at the head of this forum. It's been so lightly enforced that I can understand why some might not believe there are such rules here.


What the fuck is ambiguous about this?

This used to be about giving members a place to talk privately about things they don't necessarily want to attach their public name to-- now it's becoming a secondary cesspool where "OTD fags" and every other stripe of vindictive, nasty troll comes to spit their shit in every thread, regardless of topic.

I like this forum, and it is not as bad as the more publicly acknowledged places where this kind of mindless keyboard masturbation is accepted.

But this is not supposed to be one of those places.
I hope the moderators will apply these guidelines in the spirit that they were created and clean up the postwhores and trolls that are using this as a second romper room.

:rasta:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #13720762 -

I feel you

Mods need to do their job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #13720815 -

Yeah it feels all 4channy and b/tarded in here.
I guess it is the new cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13720892 -

Anonymous #1 said:
What the fuck?

Let me quote something for the petty and vulgar offenders:

Quote:
Reminder: Shroomerites Anonymous is here to encourage honest discussion about sensitive topics. We ask that you do not take advantage of the anonymity to troll or impersonate other members. Depending on the content of your message, there may be another forum which is better suited to your needs. If your post is off-topic, please use Romper Room instead. If you are looking for serious advice about a personal problem, check out Physical and Mental Well-Being. If your post in sexual in nature, you can use Sexuality and Relationships. If you have security concerns, take a look at Security and Safety. Note that it is possible (but not mandatory) to post anonymously in all of these forums.



Hint: it's the rules at the head of this forum. It's been so lightly enforced that I can understand why some might not believe there are such rules here.


What the fuck is ambiguous about this?

This used to be about giving members a place to talk privately about things they don't necessarily want to attach their public name to-- now it's becoming a secondary cesspool where "OTD fags" and every other stripe of vindictive, nasty troll comes to spit their shit in every thread, regardless of topic.

I like this forum, and it is not as bad as the more publicly acknowledged places where this kind of mindless keyboard masturbation is accepted.

But this is not supposed to be one of those places.
I hope the moderators will apply these guidelines in the spirit that they were created and clean up the postwhores and trolls that are using this as a second romper room.

:rasta:



:urreallydumb: you talkin bout dat lettuce be reality shat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #13720989 -

I just want this place to remain friendly. And I hope all of you do too.

:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13721106 -

There are a few assholes. But, I enjoy this forum. Wish more sites had anon forums as this one. Whenever I need a good laugh or a cheering up I come here and am sure to get a good one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #5] * 1
    #13721151 -

jamming ice up my asshole troll thread still isnt dead:nosiridontlikeit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13721272 -

this forum will only be cured once the lettuce be reality troll is purged

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #13721380 -

Anonymous #6 said:
jamming ice up my asshole troll thread still isnt dead :awebig:



*fixed

Anonymous #7 said:
this forum will only be cured once the lettuce be reality troll is purged



QFT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #13721413 -

Anonymous #8 said:
Anonymous #6 said:
jamming ice up my asshole troll thread still isnt dead :awebig:



*fixed



:nosiridontlikeit:

Edited by Anonymous (01/02/11 07:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13721418 -

page break:boxerface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #13721421 -

:madhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13721454 -

Maybe its because I'm posting in here again?

I got banned from here for being an asshole when they cracked down and said "be nice"...but by the time I got back, it looked like everyone was trolling again anyway so I just started up again.

If its something serious, I try to be serious. If its even *maybe* a troll, I just troll right back and enjoy the lols.

I can be an asshole here and not feel bad about it. But when I do make a serious thread here (rare occasion) I understand when people are assholes right back. Its OK. You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #13721478 -

Anonymous #9 said:
Maybe its because I'm posting in here again?

I got banned from here for being an asshole when they cracked down and said "be nice"...but by the time I got back, it looked like everyone was trolling again anyway so I just started up again.

If its something serious, I try to be serious. If its even *maybe* a troll, I just troll right back and enjoy the lols.

I can be an asshole here and not feel bad about it. But when I do make a serious thread here (rare occasion) I understand when people are assholes right back. Its OK. You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #13721492 -

you can't ever take anonymous forums too seriously.

or the internet, for that matter  :seriousbusiness:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #13722014 -

Quote:
Anonymous #9 said: You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



That's exactly the point. We shouldn't have to in here. This isn't the playground for teenage jesters trying to out-whimsy each other by crashing whatever discussion they blunder through.

You have dozens of places provided for you on this site to do that shit, and by all means, do it. My intent is not to condemn the act-- it's the location.

According to the specific, admin-approved standards for this room, it's not appropriate here any more than it would be in the grow and tech forums.
It's just as out of place in here is it would be there, and I think too many people have forgotten to enforce that fact to keep this corner of the Shroomery clean and helpful.

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13722042 -

Get over yourself, and like #9 said, get a sense of humor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13722064 -

Rules should be enforced and obeyed without question.:cop:

I think a lot of posters here are funny as fuck.  When someone asks a geniune question I'm happy to answer it.  But if it's a question that could be answered via google easily, I don't expect many people to answer them seriously.

This is a bitch thread, however.  It only serves to bitch.  Mission accomplished.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13722090 -

Anyone can find a genuine question using google.  Half the reason forums are here are to bitch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did this forum become the go-to location for assholes to be assholes anonymously? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #13722103 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Anonymous #9 said:
Maybe its because I'm posting in here again?

I got banned from here for being an asshole when they cracked down and said "be nice"...but by the time I got back, it looked like everyone was trolling again anyway so I just started up again.

If its something serious, I try to be serious. If its even *maybe* a troll, I just troll right back and enjoy the lols.

I can be an asshole here and not feel bad about it. But when I do make a serious thread here (rare occasion) I understand when people are assholes right back. Its OK. You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



:thumbup:



Anonymous #6 said:
you can't ever take anonymous forums too seriously.

or the internet, for that matter  :seriousbusiness:



Anonymous #6 said:
you can't ever take anonymous forums too seriously.

or the internet, for that matter  :seriousbusiness:



Anonymous #1 said:
Anonymous #9 said: You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



That's exactly the point. We shouldn't have to in here. This isn't the playground for teenage jesters trying to out-whimsy each other by crashing whatever discussion they blunder through.

You have dozens of places provided for you on this site to do that shit, and by all means, do it. My intent is not to condemn the act-- it's the location.

According to the specific, admin-approved standards for this room, it's not appropriate here any more than it would be in the grow and tech forums.
It's just as out of place in here is it would be there, and I think too many people have forgotten to enforce that fact to keep this corner of the Shroomery clean and helpful.

:peace:



Quote:
Anonymous #1 said:
Anonymous #9 said: You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



That's exactly the point. We shouldn't have to in here. This isn't the playground for teenage jesters trying to out-whimsy each other by crashing whatever discussion they blunder through.

You have dozens of places provided for you on this site to do that shit, and by all means, do it. My intent is not to condemn the act-- it's the location.

According to the specific, admin-approved standards for this room, it's not appropriate here any more than it would be in the grow and tech forums.
It's just as out of place in here is it would be there, and I think too many people have forgotten to enforce that fact to keep this corner of the Shroomery clean and helpful.

:peace:



Quote:
Anonymous #1 said:
Anonymous #9 said: You just gotta pick through and read whats genuine. It makes the helpful stuff that much better, and the asshole/troll stuff is just there for comic relief.

Lrn2laugh IMO.



That's exactly the point. We shouldn't have to in here. This isn't the playground for teenage jesters trying to out-whimsy each other by crashing whatever discussion they blunder through.

You have dozens of places provided for you on this site to do that shit, and by all means, do it. My intent is not to condemn the act-- it's the location.

According to the specific, admin-approved standards for this room, it's not appropriate here any more than it would be in the grow and tech forums.
It's just as out of place in here is it would be there, and I think too many people have forgotten to enforce that fact to keep this corner of the Shroomery clean and helpful.

:peace:



Quote:
Anonymous #6 said:
Rules should be enforced and obeyed without question.:cop:

I think a lot of posters here are funny as fuck.  When someone asks a geniune question I'm happy to answer it.  But if it's a question that could be answered via google easily, I don't expect many people to answer them seriously.

This is a bitch thread, however.  It only serves to bitch.  Mission accomplished.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
1,279 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.