If you have someone you can trust, you can just tell them that you don't have to worry about money, but don't give out dollar amounts. I've always had quite a bit of money. I went into my undergrad with about $80k in cash, plus my parents paid for tuition. I just chose not to work during that time, but never told any of my college buddies about it. During school my dad had let me know that he was managing some money for me in a separate account in my name. He let me know about it and gave me access to it, about $300k. When I finished my bachelors, I bought a car, nothing fancy, it cost me $25k. I got an inheritance from my grandfather last spring, and that was another $95k. Right now, I'm renting, I still have the same car I bought, and I live frugally. I'm about to go back to get my masters, but I still have $400k. Money doesn't buy happiness so I don't even attempt to.
I had a job offer before I graduated and worked for nearly 4 years. The job was absolutely horrid, so, I just resigned earlier this year and now work for a company and industry that I absolutely adore. I'm only making a quarter of what I was, but I'm now slowly using that money to transition into a different career. You've got a lot more money than I do, but I suggest that you pursue what you are passionate about.
|