Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Panaeolus Campanulatus identification?
    #1363861 - 03/10/03 05:11 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

I have found what i believe is the coveted blue meanie shroom before but was smart enuff to leave it alone until i was shure of getting the right ones...I bought a book entitled Texas Mushrooms Field Guide on e-bay and i believe its correct name is pan campanulatus which is what i have found in my book...I am going to go out and pick some this weekend and will take some pics so i can be positive of my find...the book says they are toxic/hallucinogentic...but only mildly hallucinogentic ?? they are not illegal according to this book...but this book also says eating cubensis can make you trip an jump out of windows and moving cars...it really says that. :confused:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Panaeolus Campanulatus identification? [Re: TxTec]
    #1363951 - 03/10/03 05:41 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

well a blue meanie is not pan campanulatus its a pan cyan... right? well even then if its a pan you shouldnt be concerned with getting poisoned. unfortunately the search is down, so i cant find out if the camps are in fact hallucinogentic. lots of books are wrong on active/non-active mushrooms. some books say pan antillum(sp?) are active and in fact are not some say that pscilocybe corophila are and again they are very wrong so dont trust that book until you've done some other research. hopefully someone with experiance will be along soon. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1363974 - 03/10/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

From what I've read and heard from other members here at the boards, Panaeolus campanulatus are NOT active.

Here are some pictures that I took from this past winter of some campanulatus.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Panaeolus Campanulatus identification? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1363991 - 03/10/03 05:59 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

i can see where people get them mixed up with cyans so im guessing they dont bruise then TxTec up there should use that as the distinguising feature between the two. peace

blaze2

p.s.
Tech sucks

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleTxTec

Re: Panaeolus Campanulatus identification? [Re: blaze2]
    #1364251 - 03/10/03 09:18 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

i can see where people get them mixed up with cyans so im guessing they dont bruise then TxTec up there should use that as the distinguising feature between the two.  peace 

blaze2

p.s. 
Tech sucks 

Thanks all ..i will ck them for bluing when i go back out ..I feel like a dumbass for not checking them for bluing the last time out..there was a shitload of them everywhere the last time out an if they are meanies i will print all i harvest for everybody that needs one for their studys...keeping my fingers crossed :blush:  hey blaze2 ; im from Austin originally HOOK EM HORNS !! :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1364626 - 03/11/03 02:47 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

yeS, THEY are indeed, Panaeolus campanulatus var. sphinctrinus, and no, they are not psychoactive.

Problem with these shrooms are in the Hawaiian Islands where locals pick this mushroom along with Copelandia and throw then in the bags and tell people that if yo eat enough of them you will get a buzz. This is not true.

Usually one can find one panaeolus campanulatus for every twenty Copelandia shrooms in peoples bags in the field.

Sometimes the stems will have a redish brown color to them and the fringed teeth like jagged edge of the bottom potrtions of the caps give them away.

See below for a grouping of them fromthe Trails End Riding Stable where the spores all accumulatred on the tops of the caps from being release and you can see how black they can get.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (03/11/03 03:13 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Panaeolus Campanulatus identification? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1364689 - 03/11/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

Paul Stamets inadvertintly labeled this mushroom in his book Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World as Panaeolus papilionaceus when in fact it is Panaeolus campanulatus.

It is as noted above, actually panaeolus campanulatus var. sphinctrinus. Here is an image of it.

Here is another variation of this shroom only these appear to be very blackish. from the vast amounts of spore deposits being relased in mass quatities at the same time.

And here another species of non-psychoactive Panaeolus sphinctrinus. It too has fringed teeth-like cuttings onthe fringed edge of the bottoms of the caps. Notice the intence nipple on the top of the cap in the next two images, yet these also have fringed edges and are a variation of the above. That Nipple distinguishes this species from the two images posted above and the one by Angry shroom.

Remember there are 28 species of Panaeolus anbd only about ten have some properties.

The main Paneolus species which are always active are Panaeolus africanus from Africa and Panaeous subbalteatus.

I and several mycologists also believe that Panaeolus papilionaceus (Not the one in Paul's book) is synonomous with Panaeolus subbalteatus, based on latin descriptions from The early 1900s.

None of the above shrooms are psychoactive.

mj

mj

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1364808 - 03/11/03 04:09 AM (21 years, 23 days ago)

if your book lists campers as "blue meanies" or as being halucinogenic then you should double check your info online so you're not relying on outdated/inacurate info. a lot of guide books aren't worth a damn, but sometimes they're all you've got as far as local guides.

nice pics MJ.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1364946 - 03/11/03 05:10 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

TxTec,
You can view my pages on Copelandia shrooms at my site at :

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

mj

Anonymous

#1365200 - 03/11/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#1365204 - 03/11/03 06:42 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

InvisibleTxTec

Re: Panaeolus Campanulatus identification? [Re: ]
    #1365577 - 03/11/03 08:45 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks guys for all the info...yall are all awsome. My book lists 3 pan species Pan phalaenarum which is not psychoactive, pan subbalteatus and pan campanulatus. My guide book is pretty old `92 and is written by Susan and Van Metzler with Orson K Miller jr scientific advisor by University of Texas Press. I have been collecting Cubensis for approx 30 yrs and am getting interested in all the others that i come across. The area that i hunt has some really beautiful shrooms ..an i found some that almost glow a phosphorus green color at dusk..I have a friend that also has permission to hunt shrooms on the same fields that i hunt upon and has told me he has collected Copelandias several times last summer. I will try to contact him so we can go together this weekend...Thanks again.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1365607 - 03/11/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1365770 - 03/11/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Oh, now I see...your calling me a snatch!!? Well, I outta!!! ... hehehehee

InvisibleTxTec

#1365841 - 03/11/03 10:00 AM (21 years, 22 days ago)

They are probably there....I have seen probably 30 different species of mushrooms there an GGreatone thinks copelandias are there also. After buying that book on e-bay an after reading it has really got me interested in all the other species besides cubensis. I will post pics of all i find cause it will be fun to see how good i am at identifying them. Tell me something...why is angryshroom allways so angry? Jealous i guess..later.

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1366291 - 03/11/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

What teh fuck?! Ive helped you out , and you call me jelious? FUck you!

I just like to play with Mr Mushrooms 'cause he's a good guy, and he knows Im joking.

WATCHA THINK IM JELIOUS OF!?! ILL SHOW U MY B00MERZ

InvisibleTxTec

#1366455 - 03/11/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I dont look at guys boomerz....thanks anyway. :crazy:

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1366699 - 03/11/03 03:25 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

AAAHHAAHA MY BOOMERZ ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS!

InvisibleTxTec

#1366711 - 03/11/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Yeah they are...I wish we had wavy caps here..

--------------------

Anonymous

#1366712 - 03/11/03 03:31 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals