Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Mass Incarceration of African Americans *DELETED*
    #13459320 -

Post deleted by Lion

Reason for deletion: .


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459331 -

I've never been let off for being white... to my knowledge :tinfoil:

Perhaps black people do drugs in stupider places than white people?


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459335 -

Nobody likes me I'm a Gypsy Czech-Mex  :sad:

Although in all seriousness it is almost defeating to know the bullshit that
still goes on in our society.


:todcasil:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: twighead]
    #13459356 -

twighead said:
I've never been let off for being white... to my knowledge :tinfoil:

Perhaps black people do drugs in stupider places than white people?


It's not a question of being let off, it's a question of being stopped, questioned, and searched in the first place.

And you're right, black people do drugs in stupider places than white people: in black neighborhoods where they live, where they are more likely to be detained, questioned, and searched.

Statistics from two separate studies of traffic stops in the Baltimore metro area:

"13.5% of drivers on the [Baltimore] Turnpike were African American, but 35% of those pulled over were African American"

"17.5% of traffic violators on I-95 North of Baltimore were African American, while 28.8% of those stopped and 71.3% of those searched were African American."


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459368 -

Lion said:
What do these trends suggest to you, if anything?



That white people are better at hiding their illegal activities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459381 -

Well I do agree with him that its undoubtedly true, I used to live in a 99.5%+ white community but bought bud from a black dude, the stories he would tell me about the shit he would get there from the cops were pretty unbelievable. He got a license to carry and a 9mm so everyone wouldn't fuck with him and ended up having a cop pull a gun on him and his two year old daughter for no reason other than him carrying a weapon... He sued the state and won 50,000$ and a paid relocation from Idaho to Florida.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Todcasil]
    #13459384 -

Todcasil said:
Nobody likes me I'm a Gypsy Czech-Mex  :sad:

Although in all seriousness it is almost defeating to know the bullshit that
still goes on in our society.


:todcasil:



My innate drive towards efficiency tells me you would be better off just putting the Todcasil emoticon in your signature. Arthritis and all...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: memes]
    #13459391 -

pretty much.

The ground is littered with the remnants of broken bottles of malt liqueur, dime bags, and popeye's chicken in my mostly black neighborhood. White people like those things too, but they tend to keep it indoors.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: memes]
    #13459403 -

meams said:
Lion said:
What do these trends suggest to you, if anything?



That white people are better at hiding their illegal activities.


You think a 13:1 ratio of black to white incarceration for drug possession and sales, against a 1:1 ratio of rates of drug possession and sales among the two racial groups, can be accounted for solely by this one variable?  White people as a group are somehow 1300% better at hiding the fact that they are using drugs?  Come on.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Arden]
    #13459408 -

Arden said:
Todcasil said:
Nobody likes me I'm a Gypsy Czech-Mex  :sad:

Although in all seriousness it is almost defeating to know the bullshit that
still goes on in our society.


:todcasil:



My innate drive towards efficiency tells me you would be better off just putting the Todcasil emoticon in your signature. Arthritis and all...




If it was in my signature I wouldn't get the self-gratification of the whole act
every time I sign my name with a greamlin!

:deepman:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13459430 -

blewmeanie said:
pretty much.

The ground is littered with the remnants of broken bottles of malt liqueur, dime bags, and popeye's chicken in my mostly black neighborhood. White people like those things too, but they tend to keep it indoors.


:facepalm:

I live next to the county that is home to the wealthiest African American community in the country.  In the nice suburbs of that county, there are not malt liquor bottles, dime bags, and used chicken containers on the sidewalks.  The suggestion is extremely insulting.  These things would much more likely be found in an impoverished, predominantly white neighborhood than a decent predominantly black suburb.  That's 100% a socioeconomic thing and not racial.  Nice try though.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13459458 -

It's funny, we don't have a lot of black people here in Az at all,
but this definitely still fits the description of our lower class neighborhoods,
hilariously so.


blewmeanie said:
pretty much.

The ground is littered with the remnants of broken bottles of malt liqueur, dime bags, and popeye's chicken in my mostly mexican/white neighborhood. .




POINT!


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Edited by Todcasil (11/09/10 03:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459460 -

Quote:
Nice try though.



I think he was joking, Lion. Pretty sure blewmeanie is on the good team.

Any "ethnic" contribution to personality or identity, as it seems now, will be flawed--though I still have books published at Princeton and Harvard that operationally define the "black problem" in terms of eugenics. There are genetic components to behavior clearly (e.g. Allele 7 with ADHD) but, in defense of BF Skinner's oversimplification of behavior, a lot of our characteristics can be easily explained with education and environmental variables.

Hence, stop the hate and the motherfucking violence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Arden]
    #13459478 -

Arden said:
Quote:
Nice try though.



I think he was joking, Lion. Pretty sure blewmeanie is on the good team.


Yeah, he probably was.  I am a bit hard-headed about some things.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Todcasil]
    #13459485 -

Todcasil said:
Nobody likes me I'm a Gypsy Czech-Mex  :sad:




Like chex-mix:awesome:

Except I like chex mix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459540 -

Lion said:
Quote:
"Fact or fiction?  African Americans sell drugs at a higher rate than whites.  Fiction."





it's too bad they skew all this to try and prove racism in the system and no one calls them on the bullshit

fact of fiction? black people sell drugs on the actual street 1000x more often than whites


is it any wonder they get busted far more often than their white
counterparts, is it any wonder that no one mentions that many of these
black offenders are also  have previous records, it's as if after
getting busted the first time they didnt learn a lesson from it so they
kept doing it...


Quote:
" white youth were actually the most likely of any racial or ethnic group to be guilty of illegal drug possession and sales."




see, another racist 'statistic', if the whites were not found guilty or
refused to enter a guilty plea then how the fuck are they 'most likely'
to be guilty

Quote:
"Black men are admitted to state prison on drug charges at a rate that is more than thirteen times higher than white men."



what were the contributing factors, were those black men selling from
their homes, a safe house or selling in the streets, what about those
whites, were they selling in the street? were they selling while on
bond, probation or parole, how many prior convictions on the records of
either... my goodness, simple omit the real facts, call whitey racist
the real racists compile these facts in just this way


Quote:
These quotations are a short excerpt from a friend's long graduate school presentation on African American history, culture, and music.  As socially conscious people, and also specifically as mostly young, white male users of illegal drugs (my source for this is past Pub polls), I thought you might be interested to see this.  What do these trends suggest to you, if anything?



seems that your friend is a racist working to further racism through the
promotion of racially motivated liberal education

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Lion]
    #13459558 -

Lion said:
Statistics from two separate studies of traffic stops in the Baltimore metro area:

"13.5% of drivers on the [Baltimore] Turnpike were African American, but 35% of those pulled over were African American"

"17.5% of traffic violators on I-95 North of Baltimore were African American, while 28.8% of those stopped and 71.3% of those searched were African American."




why do these statics read as such, could it be that when one of those
71.3% rolled their windows down they billowed smoke from the car they
were driving at 18mph

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13459598 -

Correlation does not equal causation.
The data cannot tell us anything useful other than 'for some reason, blacks seem to be arrested more often that whites.'

The data cannot tell us what that reason is.
And that reason is the whole point.


--------------------
This site needs some submissions.  You should probably help out...
NawMean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans [Re: ChronicCluster]
    #13459609 -

they are all committing DWB

DRIVING WHILE BLACK


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass Incarceration of African Americans *DELETED* [Re: amenra]
    #13459751 -

Post deleted by sleepy

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Some AFRICAN AMERICANS
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 7,223 91 10/31/05 05:27 AM
by ivi
* breaking NEWS: 2 major tunnels shut down in baltimore area ZippoZM 1,487 13 10/18/05 12:19 PM
by Cowgold
* *DELETED* Supernova 773 4 05/10/05 09:34 AM
by Fraggle_teh_DJ
* Colts vs. Baltimore Deadmaker 485 2 09/11/05 06:27 PM
by lowdominion
* State Radio - baltimore TONIGHT, anyone wanna come? CerebralFlower 406 0 10/06/05 06:59 AM
by CerebralFlower
* Who knows a lot about Native Americans Adden 941 6 04/07/05 09:53 AM
by Roadkill
* Native Americans
( 1 2 3 all )
Organic 5,245 43 06/21/05 06:37 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* American life?
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 4,512 20 03/03/04 07:54 PM
by Dreamer987

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,798 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.