Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
The Dallas Cowboys...
    #13317397 -




:smilingpuppy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: Paw_Paw]
    #13317945 -

How bout dem Texans :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13323520 -

just wanted to mention how much the cowboys suck.  The entire franchise is and always has been pretty much the disgrace of the NFL and them ever being allowed to become a team is a dark scar on the otherwise lovely history of the NFL.


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: nismo2491]
    #13327668 -

You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger

5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13327845 -

The Cowgirls and Romo are going down hard this Thanksgiving... I've been waiting to see the Saints beat them again since the end of 2009 :grin:


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13328631 -

KillerPicklez said:
You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger

5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.



fuck the cowboys, they have plenty of history, ill give you that but theis future sure looks iffy. I say Giants win the division and eagles and redskins fight for the wildcat spot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: pandelic]
    #13329420 -

We'll see, Dallas has only played 1 NFC East game so far and the other teams are 3-2, hardly impossible to catch especially with 5 head-to-head matchups

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13329600 -

KillerPicklez said:
You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger

5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.



wow, stop being so sensitive. I'm a skins fan. I'm supposed to hate the cowboys, and I do, as much as I love my Redskins I equally hate the Cowboys.  geez picklez :smile:.

and btw, the "dark scar" I was referring to is that Clint Murchison, Jr. (the original owner of the cowgirls) had to hold hostage the song rights to the Redskins fight song in order to get the league to vote in favor of him starting a team in dallas. Pretty fucking shady if you ask me.


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Edited by nismo2491 (10/13/10 07:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: nismo2491]
    #13329754 -

and for that matter, do you care to explain how an owner who bought a team in 1989 helped usher in a merger that occurred in 1970?

pandelic said:
KillerPicklez said:
You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger

5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.



fuck the cowboys, they have plenty of history, ill give you that but theis future sure looks iffy. I say Giants win the division and eagles and redskins fight for the wildcat spot



you mean wildCARD spot?


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Edited by nismo2491 (10/13/10 08:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13329896 -

KillerPicklez said:
You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger



Just because he is an idiot doesn't mean you are not.  Jerry Jones didn't have a fucking thing to do with the merger, which occurred in 1970.  He didn't become an owner until 1989 and at the time of the merger was busy making millions in the oil and gas industry.  What an incredibly dumb thing to believe.  I had to look up some specifics but his greatest contribution to the merger was probably buying tickets to games.  As anyone with even a minimal knowledge of the history of the NFL should know. 
Quote:
5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.



Not this year.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: nismo2491]
    #13330013 -

nismo2491 said:
and for that matter, do you care to explain how an owner who bought a team in 1989 helped usher in a merger that occurred in 1970?




zappaisgod said:
KillerPicklez said:
You are a fucking idiot. It's one thing to have an opinion or dislike a team but that was way over the top

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is actually a big reason why there is an NFL today. He helped usher in the NFL vs. AFL merger



Just because he is an idiot doesn't mean you are not.  Jerry Jones didn't have a fucking thing to do with the merger, which occurred in 1970.  He didn't become an owner until 1989 and at the time of the merger was busy making millions in the oil and gas industry.  What an incredibly dumb thing to believe.  I had to look up some specifics but his greatest contribution to the merger was probably buying tickets to games.  As anyone with even a minimal knowledge of the history of the NFL should know. 
Quote:
5 Superbowl wins. I will take it. We will be back on top again.



Not this year.



:ilold: its bad when somebody that HATES a team (me) knows more about the team than the team's own fans.

I didn't know how Jerry Jones made his money. But I do know that unlike Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones wasn't even from anywhere near Dallas originally (much like most of the cowboys "fans").  Just goes to show you that being a cowboys fan was "trendy" and that most of the fans are fair-weather, and have no true loyalty to ANY team, let alone the cowboys. They are the fans that root for the cowboys in week one, but then are suddenly wearing the jersey of the super bowl winner after the super bowl, but if you ask them they've "Always been a fan, just didn't root for them much". Yeah, thats most of the cowboys "fans" I meet.


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Edited by nismo2491 (10/13/10 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: nismo2491]
    #13330080 -

Yeah, I'm sure you meet a lot of cowboys fans living in florida.

Fuck the cowboys this year, fuck Jones, fuck romo. They must have the worst coaches in the NFL.

That being said... people in Dallas love the cowboys, and are anything but 'fair weather' fans.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: wellage]
    #13330095 -

wellage said:
Yeah, I'm sure you meet a lot of cowboys fans living in florida.




haha you'd be surprised. cowboys fans are like yankees fans. they're everywhere. even though half of them have never even been to New York State / Texas.

wellage said:
That being said... people in Dallas love the cowboys, and are anything but 'fair weather' fans.



I would hope so. I know a couple people from Dallas area and I will sit down and talk football with them any day of the week.  But the majority of cowboys "fans" I know don't know shit, except that they can walk in JC Penny and buy a Cowboys shirt cause its trendy, just like being a yankees fan.


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Edited by nismo2491 (10/13/10 10:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: nismo2491]
    #13330166 -

I don't know if trendy is the right word since the Cowboys have been the league's most popular team throughout my entire 33 years on this planet.  But they are incredibly popular.  It seems that their away games are always full of near 40 percent Cowboy fans.  There was also some recent poll that ranked them the #1 most popular team in the NFL followed by the Packers and Colts. 

Pretty disgusting if you ask me, I don't know how anyone could root for any of those teams.


--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #13330356 -

Senor_Doobie said:
I don't know if trendy is the right word since the Cowboys have been the league's most popular team throughout my entire 33 years on this planet.  But they are incredibly popular.  It seems that their away games are always full of near 40 percent Cowboy fans.  There was also some recent poll that ranked them the #1 most popular team in the NFL followed by the Packers and Colts. 

Pretty disgusting if you ask me, I don't know how anyone could root for any of those teams.



Brain damage.  See Banez's belief that Jerry Jones invented the NFL


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13330909 -

Sorry, not Jones, our previous owner.

It was 330 when I made that post, I wasnt thinking clearly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #13331026 -

nismo2491 said:
you mean wildCARD spot?



Well im in miami everything is wildcats, even  though we dolphins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: pandelic]
    #13331235 -

you mean the first owner, Clint Murchison.  HR Bright who sold the team to Jones didn't do shit.  learn your history man. I absolutely dispise the cowboys and know more of their history than you.


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #13331337 -

KillerPicklez said:
Sorry, not Jones, our previous owner.




You were a slave?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Dallas Cowboys... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13332239 -

zappaisgod said:
KillerPicklez said:
Sorry, not Jones, our previous owner.




You were a slave?



:rofl:

I think they prefer the term "indentured servant"


--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Incredibly hard being a Saints fan in New England this year LOL
( 1 2 all )
notch 4,747 24 12/19/09 11:24 PM
by cortex
* Packers vs dallas help! makaveli8x8 2,389 18 12/10/07 12:44 PM
by Stonerguy
* Did you see that Dallas game?? spazn420 1,011 12 10/22/08 04:30 AM
by dutchmushroom
* SNF Dallas n Philly... Paw_Paw 703 9 12/27/10 11:06 PM
by Paw_Paw
* MNF....Dallas vs Carolina
( 1 2 3 all )
Paw_Paw 2,955 40 09/30/09 05:58 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* San Antonio and Dallas Crimson 858 15 05/16/06 08:04 PM
by OldSpice
* dallas vs phoenix snoot 974 11 03/17/07 12:40 PM
by snoot
* THE DALLAS COWBOYS GetTheFuckOut 888 11 10/04/09 06:29 PM
by GetTheFuckOut

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
6,919 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.