Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone here glowstring? (now with video)
    #13300773 -

I figured it was only a matter of time before I tried glowstringing, and today I finally started.

I've been stringing for about 6 hours today. I've got the basic moves down, like 2-3 beat weaves, corkscrew, butterfly, various wraps, and spirals (although these are still a bit sketchy sometimes). I've sacked myself a good half dozen times, and I smacked myself dead in the face trying a buzzsaw, and that's where I stopped my practice for the day.

But my two index fingers are raw from the string swinging back and forth causing friction. Is there any way to make it irritate my fingers less? or is it something I'll have to put up with until my fingers get used to it?

For those that are unfamiliar with glowstringing...



--------------------

Edited by x Ju x (10/07/10 05:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300798 -

can you give an example pic of said glowstring?

i am no comprende


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300804 -

I think you should get some poi. They look way cooler imo.

Can't help you with anything you needed help with though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: The Vapor]
    #13300824 -

Alright, I put a video in the OP.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300826 -

Quote:
x Ju x said:But my two index fingers are raw from the string swinging back and forth causing friction. Is there any way to make it irritate my fingers less? or is it something I'll have to put up with until my fingers get used to it?



Gloves? :shrug:


--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300842 -

that looks sick:awesome:

master this hobby.

it looks like it would be the freggn shit to watch at a campfire acid tripping session.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300847 -

I have spin glow poi at a rave...  im no that good though.

:rave:


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: Salomon]
    #13300878 -

Salomon said:
that looks sick:awesome:

master this hobby.

it looks like it would be the freggn shit to watch at a campfire acid tripping session.



It's extremely fun. I spent the whole day smoking bowls and swinging around glow sticks :awecid:

Grab some and try it out :thumbup:


Poi seems amazing, to. I'm probably going to try that once I get good enough.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13300887 -

x Ju x said:
I figured it was only a matter of time before I tried glowstringing, and today I finally started




I tie good knots, I have references

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13301030 -

my friends learning to glowstring
i dont have the patience to deal with strings i prefer fingerlights/gloves


--------------------
heres to our lives being meaningless
and how beautiful it is
because freedom doesnt have a purpose

check out my art :smile:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=14505741&page=0&vc=1#14505741
and my goggles and jewelry
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15209555

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: eritas]
    #13301133 -

I tried to take a video of it today to see how it looked but the glowsticks I bought were garbage. Either that or some fucker cracked them in the package and then put them back.

I wouldn't call them glowsticks at all. They hardly glew(?)?

I'll be getting some decent sticks tomorrow so I'll try to take a video then.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13301146 -

the string or rope or whatever goes between your middle and index finger, not over it.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13301148 -

I have different holds for different things.

When I do a spiral I switch it so its only looped once around my middle finger.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13301447 -

You have the cords wrapped around your fingers? If so, that's probably whats causing the iritation.

I haven't fucked around with that stuff in years, but when I was interested in poi in highschool I had something to grip onto in my hand so that the cord could dangle freely, or I used leather finger loop bands.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #13301694 -

Poi callus lol, I have been spinning poi for a few months now, a group of friends and I have meetings every tuesday. working on coreography. I recently started spinning fire more so than my Flowlights.

Flowtoys.com

they have sweet lights with 13 different setting to make the trails look sweeter.  The ones I have are called "Watermelon" they are pink and green super bright LEDs

Very addicting hobby, it's good for hand eye coordination too lol.

the secret to getting good....
trip with your poi, you will definitely figure out your flow.

Happy Poi'ing!

I can give you links to tutorial websites and other good info as well if you want it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: Fatman]
    #13305002 -

So I took a bunch of videos today of myself glowstringing to see how it look, and I complied it and made a minute and a half video.

This is what I know so far from 2 days of learning.



I really want to try a poi, as well :awehigh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13305166 -

The coolest trick he did was when he made the circle collapse on itself. Pretty cool stuff.


--------------------
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: SillyBilly]
    #13305297 -

I've picked up a new set of devil sticks
but I'd just embarrass myself by posting a video it takes years to learn these damn things



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: SillyBilly]
    #13305309 -

Long time ago I tried to learn it but it was a epic fail. I'm thinking start learn it again.


--------------------
:thumbup:I have many strains(include rustica) of tobacco.


Looking gourmet mushroom/cube

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here glowstring? [Re: x Ju x]
    #13305321 -

x Ju x said:
I smacked myself dead in the face trying a buzzsaw,



x Ju x said:
I really want to try a poi, as well :awehigh:



That might not be such a good idea.


--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* .
( 1 2 all )
AnonymousRabbit 2,292 20 12/02/11 03:24 PM
by Bassfreak
* Just bought 1,050 glowsticks for 10k lakes
( 1 2 3 all )
Noviseer 3,300 45 07/21/08 04:17 PM
by toastandjam
* Glowsticking... ElementsToLife 516 5 03/18/09 04:08 PM
by Jufin
* Anyone here Poi? Glowstick on a string? That sort of thing? freddurgan 2,152 18 02/16/05 07:04 PM
by digitalcube
* Glowstick wars: Shpongle @ the Valarium LicHmicrO 340 1 04/20/10 06:43 AM
by Statisticons_win
* Has anyone else broken open glowsticks while trippen... sputnik 638 18 08/23/09 08:49 AM
by Subconscious
* ALLGOOD 2010 BASSNECTAR GLOWSTICK WAR MycoCakeEater 1,530 12 08/03/10 03:39 PM
by Aiko Aiko
* throwing glowsticks at a stage/band dwtk 529 8 02/19/11 01:25 PM
by McTwist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,131 topic views. 6 members, 16 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.